No announcement yet.

Did he plan it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly do not believe that Rush had any hand in the events that occurred in this episode.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      I honestly do not believe that Rush had any hand in the events that occurred in this episode.
      Neither do I, the solar flare causing timetravel through a wormhole was well know, but causing a local area effect time travel had never before been seen. I don't think there is any way that Rush could have predicted that would happen. It just happens to be that as events played out the end result was in line with what Rush wanted all along.
      Unfortunately for Rush he has deceived and manipulated everybody the whole way thus far in order to further his goals, so that when things just happen to work out in his favor you can't really blame anybody for questioning whether or not he had a hand in it.

Comment

from the end of the episode I sort of had the impression that Rush actually planned it to happen. When he was arguing with Telford didn't he say something like "I did it for the crew" when Telford was trying to get the real story out of him? To me that sounded like Rush did it to help the crew get extra supplies to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
          from the end of the episode I sort of had the impression that Rush actually planned it to happen. When he was arguing with Telford didn't he say something like "I did it for the crew" when Telford was trying to get the real story out of him? To me that sounded like Rush did it to help the crew get extra supplies to survive.
          He Said "I did it for the crew" in response to Telford questioning his motives to remain behind and stablize the wormhole.

Comment

Hi all,

A lot of the posts here wonder, where did the 1st crew (that went through the gate) gone to?

Some say, to another planet, some say back in time or forward in time…

Correct me if I am wrong, they did dialled the 9th Chevron, meaning they have dialled our galaxy right?

So the gate could possibly dialed a gate, like an Atlantis Gate, that is in outer space? That would definitely kill everyone right??

Or else why they keep saying, the crew is dead?

What actually happens if you go through a unstable wormhole? I am bit rusty on my wormhole 101

Comment

Originally posted by kcatlantis View Post
              Did Rush somehow plan that to happen so they would get supplies they needed to continue on with the "MISSION". Anyways I'm really happy to see a show actually go after supplies.
              I don't think even Rush could have planned it, it's far too unpredictable. Use something once it's happened, sure, but plan it? No, I doubt it
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
                He Said "I did it for the crew" in response to Telford questioning his motives to remain behind and stablize the wormhole.
                In that case perhaps he didn't plan the whole disaster but rather the final events that lead to the time travel, by remaining behind to sit in the chair and travel back in time to warn the crew?

Comment

Yup.. Which to me meant, he was willing to stick around on his own to save everyone else..

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                    In that case perhaps he didn't plan the whole disaster but rather the final events that lead to the time travel, by remaining behind to sit in the chair and travel back in time to warn the crew?
                    Predicting solar flares takes long observation and intimate knowledge of the star in question - a hell of a lot longer than the few hours they had. Add to that that they've never seen solar flares affect a ship (only ever a wormhole), it is utterly unfeasible that Rush planned the time travel.

ETA: In fact, Earth scientists have never predicted solar flares in Stargate, if memory serves. In 2010, it was the Ashen whose technology predicted the flares and in 1969 they were historical. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
                    Last edited by Lahela; 19 March 2011, 12:44 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                      Predicting solar flares takes long observation and intimate knowledge of the star in question - a hell of a lot longer than the few hours they had. Add to that that they've never seen solar flares affect a ship (only ever a wormhole), it is utterly unfeasible that Rush planned the time travel.

ETA: In fact, Earth scientists have never predicted solar flares in Stargate, if memory serves. In 2010, it was the Ashen whose technology predicted the flares and in 1969 they were historical. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
                      We have only been shown to predict solar flares when we use Ancient technology
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Also Baal's outpost on Praxyon was able to predict solar flares, but again not Earth technology and it involved satelites orbiting various stars and monitoring every detail for long periods of time.

Comment

from the end of the episode I sort of had the impression that Rush actually planned it to happen. When he was arguing with Telford didn't he say something like "I did it for the crew" when Telford was trying to get the real story out of him? To me that sounded like Rush did it to help the crew get extra supplies to survive

yeah he said something like ''I was trying to buy them more time''.............i believe he planned it using knowledge that chloe gained when she sa in the chair.

Comment

Also Baal's outpost on Praxyon was able to predict solar flares, but again not Earth technology and it involved satelites orbiting various stars and monitoring every detail for long periods of time.
                            Did they ever explain whether that was ancient tech??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Did they ever explain whether that was ancient tech??
                              Well, there was Ancient text seen.

ETA: Screencaps -

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                                yeah he said something like ''I was trying to buy them more time''.............i believe he planned it using knowledge that chloe gained when she sa in the chair.
                                I asked Joe Mallozzi and he responded from his blog on May 14th:

kimmy also writes: “In Twin Destinies, Rush stated that he was trying to buy them some time when crew went through Stargate after Telford. Did that mean Rush modified the wormhole direction to have it run closer to a solar flare? Thus enabling the crew to gate to desert planet 2000 years “

Answer: No. It just meant he was trying maintain the stability of the wormhole, allowing them the time to gate through (to Earth presumably).

Comment

Working...
                                X