This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    or when Destiny descended into a star. That was amazing, just like the whole episode
    Yep! That is just so sci-fi cool when that happens
    sigpic

Comment

I would think that Destiny has internal shuttle bays also. Maintenance outside the ship is not logical.

Who knows what her compliment of shuttles really is? The outside launch platforms would appear to be three.

Comment

Originally posted by Corona View Post
        I would think that Destiny has internal shuttle bays also. Maintenance outside the ship is not logical.

Who knows what her compliment of shuttles really is? The outside launch platforms would appear to be three.
        There are two shuttles now. The shuttles were intended to be lowered from the "landing pad" for repair, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by msavela View Post
          There are two shuttles now. The shuttles were intended to be lowered from the "landing pad" for repair, etc.
          Was there ever a third? Or would the answer be too potentially spoilery?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            Was there ever a third? Or would the answer be too potentially spoilery?
            There was a third at one point. It was long gone by the time we see the Destiny for the first time in Air.

Comment

There was a third at one point. It was long gone by the time we see the Destiny for the first time in Air.
              Thank you for the clarifications
              sigpic

Comment

Thankyou

Comment

I do not think we can ever be certain Destiny came with three shuttles.

We can argue about whether three or two landing bays but just think it makes sense that one of those landing bays were kept around for emergencies, in case a other landing pad is knock out during combat.

Comment

This is interesting - a podcast about the cosmic radiation plot element:

SGU - 365 Days of Astronomy - SGU & the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation Podcast http://tinyurl.com/4p8c8jx

Podcast written by Diane Turnshek at Carnegie Mellon University. Very positive for SGU! Also, a transcript of the podcast is at the link.
                    Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                      I do not think we can ever be certain Destiny came with three shuttles.

We can argue about whether three or two landing bays but just think it makes sense that one of those landing bays were kept around for emergencies, in case a other landing pad is knock out during combat.
                      Agreed. Though I think you can be almost certain that there are 3 bays. To only take it when people say something as canon seems unrealistic. This is demonstrated by the really wonky timeline.

With the exterior of Destiny, the CGI team must have laid out a complete 3D model to constantly work by in extreme detail which doesn't change. unless you can show something that has significantly changed demonstrating otherwise, I would say its fair to assume there are 3 bays.

Comment

For those asking/discussing, there is a third "landing pad" on the port side of the Destiny directly behind the forward facing one. When we first discovered the Destiny, it had one working shuttle in the center, one damaged shuttle on the port side and one empty landing bay. This landing bay has been empty for the run of the series, but yes, it is a Shuttle landing bay.
                        Thanks for answering.
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, that was a pretty good episode
                          Knew Telford died in this one, but wasnt expecting it to come about like that
                          This season is definately much higher quality than last season, and the last two episodes have been excellent, but that might just be because Ive been watching them in HD.
                          Need to watch the two seasons again now I can see them in HD.
                          Its a shame its been cancelled this season because the quality of each eplisode has been so much better in this season, Ive got into it so much more in Season 2, but I do understand why its been cancelled, just a shame.

Next weeks episode looks interesting, I now find myself looking forward to the next episode of SGU.

Comment

incredible episode....Telford was such a sphincter
                            -Why did the chicken cross the Moebius strip?
                            -To get to the same side!

Comment

I frelling loved this episode! That's the first time I've felt that way about any SGU episode. Makes me damn sad knowing that this is it after that fantastic episode.

The story had its conveniences (parts, extra supplies, another shuttle, putting Telford back on Earth) and predictable things (Telford and AURush dying), but they still fit well into the episode. I enjoyed the ep from beginning to end, especially for the great character insights. PDL did a nice job directing.

Double the Rush, double the goodness. Rush has been my favorite character from the start because, for me, he makes the show interesting. I enjoyed watching all the characters in this ep, but especially his...in both realities.

I've had my problems with Young, but it was great to see him volunteer to stay in the AU to see out the mission...as murky as it sounds. That is truly a leap of faith to carry on with a man he obviously doesn't trust. Gives me some new respect for the guy knowing he would have made that choice.

Thank you, Brad Wright.

ETA: Forgot to mention that I thought the musical score for this episode was great as well. Joel does nice scores for the eps, but I really noticed it in this one...I guess because I've watched this ep a couple of times since it's aired. Usually I just watched the eps the one time because I had no way to watch them on the internet, but now I do.
                              Last edited by LoneStar1836; 20 March 2011, 01:04 PM.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Josephmallozzi’s Weblog

Etagrats writes: “It’s seems that destiny had originally 3 Shuttles based on the picture bellow! Although the crew only found two of them, So will we ever know what happen to the missing one if no, have you some theory about that ?”

Answer: My guess is it was probably damaged, disabled, and lost during an attack.

Comment

Working...
                                X