This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Utitan View Post
    I.....JUST.....DONT....UNDERSTAND... how one of the best shows that has ever been put on the thing called television can get canceled like it is... It absolutely infuriates me!

DAMN that was a good one!

I see some ideas or discussion getting a little convoluted so I'll do my best to give my understanding. Telford1, the Telford that went through the gate got back to earth as Telford2, the Telford that did not go through and later Died, came out of FTL to the star. In Destiny2's time line it could be seen as going back in time.

In Destiny2's time the Rush's weren't surprised to see Destiny1 because they knew time slows down inside the sun. Also the reason there could be suspicion that Rush1 planned it all. Which I really don't think he did, but I'm not sold on that yet, think i may have to watch it again. But Eli, in my mind, confirms this from his reactions during the gating to earth. Also how Telford1, the one that survives, wants to yell at himself.

Actually, scratch all that. The more I think about it, it seems perfectly fitting for Rush to plan it all... All for the parts. I kinda like him more like that in a morbid kind of way.. Rush is one of the most brilliantly written AND acted characters TV has ever produced. After all.. Rush2 wouldn't have asked Rush1 if he did it if Rush 2 not already been thinking about doing it.
    Because sadly not enough of us agree that SGU is the best show out there. Sad but true.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Dam, I have so missed having good mindf**ks from shows. This episode was exciting and will most likely produce a lot of discussion material.

This episode gave me that cool feeling that I haven't felt for a long time (same feeling I used to get watching Lost during its run).

Comment

Very good episode this week. Up there with Awakenings and Trial and Error as my favorite of the season. The only thing that is strange to me is how people should care so much about the background radiation mission. It would be better if the characters, and we as viewers, knew a little bit more about it so the goal is a bit more focused. Otherwise fun episode.

8/10
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

The main thing that has me confused was the exchange between Rush, Young and Wray at the very end. It was almost like they were accusing "our" Rush of killing Telford. It just seemed out of place to me. I'll have to watch it again....

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
            The main thing that has me confused was the exchange between Rush, Young and Wray at the very end. It was almost like they were accusing "our" Rush of killing Telford. It just seemed out of place to me. I'll have to watch it again....
            that's the impression i got

Comment

And Rush lied about is his alt-self. Maybe he knows more about the frosty chair thing than he is letting on.

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                also, WE HAVE A SECOND REPAIR BOT!!!
                Next week the crew will betting on their new make-shift sport - Robot Wars!

Comment

Great minding bending episode. My question is-has scarred Rush been absorbed into the Destiny AI and is that why he wouldn't tell anyone at the end what happened to himself? I have to watch it again!
                  SGU fangirl

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                    Mind blowing... That conversation about sgc and Eli made me so nostalgic...

It cannnntt end like this!!
                    This x10000000

Comment

Originally posted by Anthonyr1391 View Post
                      Did they get the other space suits?! This was a great episode. Would the other crew come out another gate somewhere along Destiny's path like they had happen in SG1? And now that the ship is in better shape could they try again or would they need to completely restore it?
                      I thought that they would grab the suit but then I realized how heavy they are.

Season3 's time travel ep would prob have dealt with them traveling in time to another planet

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                      holy crap they need to tell us what happens when the chair does the steam thing! I'm dyin' here! lol
                      I was so excited that we'd finally see what happened and then we got explosion and me screaming

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                      Rug-Burn Rush is the one who sat in the chair.
                      Ya survivor Rush had a band aid and scars on his face, they would have noticed

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                      That was a weird look between them

Did anyone get the "There but for the Grace of God" reference?

Comment

Almost forgot to get back into this, heh. I have to say, these last couple of episodes have been pretty good. Not only the writing and acting being better, but lacking the plot holes and character stupidity of the earlier episodes. Everyone is acting more and more real.

On the minus side, given the show's name and how badly beat up they made the ship sound last time, I pretty much figured there would somehow be a second ship they'd scavenge for parts and supplies. Though I really expected the Ancients to have auto-repair circuitry, or auto-repairing nanomachines or something, in order for the ship to heal the damage on its trip.

Young - Surprises me more and more now, as it seems he's really making a good effort to understand and get along with Rush. Not too much else to add, other than I hope it continues.

Rush - Carlye played his duplicate brilliantly. You can tell what he's really feeling nowadays, as opposed to earlier when you really didn't know. He really tried to do his best, and Telford's attitude bit him hard. As opposed to when I just held a cold understanding of where he was coming from, I'm now starting to sympathize with his plight more and more, and Carlyle is bringing that across extremely well.

Chloe - And those two aren't the only ones growing one me; I was impressed with Chloe being part of the team to go onto the ship and get supplies, despite knowing the danger. Glad to see her stepping up, even if it took almost a season and a half, heh.

Telford - The moment I realized there was a second ship, and that Telford had made it to Earth, I knew one of them was going to die. I also knew one of the Rush's was going to die, too, it was just a matter of when and how. It was really handled well. Unfortunately, as I had been liking Telford more and more lately, his regression here into outright pushing Rush in such a scenario... didn't sit well with me. Looks like everyone else gave their stupid to Telford to carry. Still, I'd prefer him to be more antagonistic, then anyone else aboard the ship.

So the only question left is: Where did everyone else from the first ship end up? Somehow, I don't think they'll appear this season, which means we might not ever really know. Something tells me it would have been a plot thread only picked up in the third season. I don't think it lightly that movies would address it.

Comment

Love me some good mind****. This right here is why Brad Wright, along with Rob Cooper, is one of the best writers for SGU. Cloverdale and Twin Destinies are easily two of my favourites this season. Don't quite feel like getting into it, but it was a great episode, had some awesome little moments (Varro being put to work, Chloe leading her little team to raid the food, McKay reference, two Rushs, some awesome Young/Rush trustiness, a solid plot twist with Telford...). So yeah, good job and stuff.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                            So the only question left is: Where did everyone else from the first ship end up? Somehow, I don't think they'll appear this season, which means we might not ever really know. Something tells me it would have been a plot thread only picked up in the third season. I don't think it lightly that movies would address it.
                            Mayhaps if you rewatch SG-1 they'll show up in some of those episodes! =D

Comment

So for everyone else who didn't make it back to Earth, I think either three things happened. They either all died, they time traveled into the very far past where ancients were building the Destiny, and somehow would have played a role in the future episodes (if there was going to be), or the unlikely scenario that they traveled to Earth in the future.

Comment

A few things I found to be of note with this episode, particularly the very end where we, presumably witness the end of "Destiny2" as it were. I'm not really sure what the writers were trying to convey but I thought the ship disappeared in a very unnatural way, more like it just vanished entirely rather than simply being destroyed by the harsh environment in the area. Perhaps it was supposed to be vaporized, but the sequence just seemed off to me.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out why everyone seems to imply that Rush2 (of Destiny2) deliberately acted in such a way that the entire crew of his ship would be killed off. Now, perhaps the writers were just setting things up so the assumption would be Rush sabotaged the wormhole to keep everyone from leaving, and thus inadvertently caused the death of everyone trying to get back to Earth (other than Telford.) But somehow I got the idea that something much worse was being implied. Did I just miss something?

Overall I did like the episode, thought it was good throughout and certainly the show has come a long way since the early hours of season 1. I'm getting more and more disappointed that SGU is coming to an end, a whole lot of lost potential here.

Comment

Working...
                                X