X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also, WE HAVE A SECOND REPAIR BOT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
      holy crap they need to tell us what happens when the chair does the steam thing! I'm dyin' here! lol

personally, i'm thinking that before past Destiny burned up, past Rush uploaded his consciousness to our Destiny. That'd be awesome wouldn't it? A holographic Rush with a bandaid on telling us how to run Destiny properly?
      Not to mention highly unlikely. Its still undetermined how that holographic program works or if Rush was just going crazy
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

This is the first SGU episode I've watched since the season premier. I have to say, it was better than I was expecting. The McKay reference made me smile, as did seeing Dr. Lee. I kinda rolled my eyes at the "Yay! Now we're fully stocked on supplies, have an extra repair drone, and TWO brand new shuttles!", but aside from that, it was pretty interesting.
        MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexx View Post
          This is the first SGU episode I've watched since the season premier. I have to say, it was better than I was expecting. The McKay reference made me smile, as did seeing Dr. Lee. I kinda rolled my eyes at the "Yay! Now we're fully stocked on supplies, have an extra repair drone, and TWO brand new shuttles!", but aside from that, it was pretty interesting.
          It wasn't exactly easy to get said supplies and repair drone...
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Not to mention highly unlikely. Its still undetermined how that holographic program works or if Rush was just going crazy
            you know, at this point i have to give that one to you, that was a damn good point. however, i'm still of the belief that Destiny has at the very least Franklin uploaded to it. Gloria I think is in Rush's head but Franklin is in Destiny's database. Granted, he hasn't shown up yet for the rest of the crew but Rush may have somehow prevented that from happening. Remember, we havent seen him since Rush disabled the simulation in Trial and Error.

Comment

AWESOME EPISODE!!!!

So...Telford is not really dead because the other one is on Earth, right? Man...these timeline eps give me a headache. The Rush with the burnt scar (the one who came to the Destiny in the shuttle) made the sacrifice. How come Telford wanted to prove Rush wrong so badly? Actually,Telford was antagonizing Rush and was getting in his face. So, was the scarred Rush telling the truth about what happened? Was he hiding something?
              sigpic
              Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                It wasn't exactly easy to get said supplies and repair drone...
                I'm not talking about in the storyline, I'm talking about in the context of the show itself.
                MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

I.....JUST.....DONT....UNDERSTAND... how one of the best shows that has ever been put on the thing called television can get canceled like it is... It absolutely infuriates me!

DAMN that was a good one!

I see some ideas or discussion getting a little convoluted so I'll do my best to give my understanding. Telford1, the Telford that went through the gate got back to earth as Telford2, the Telford that did not go through and later Died, came out of FTL to the star. In Destiny2's time line it could be seen as going back in time.

In Destiny2's time the Rush's weren't surprised to see Destiny1 because they knew time slows down inside the sun. Also the reason there could be suspicion that Rush1 planned it all. Which I really don't think he did, but I'm not sold on that yet, think i may have to watch it again. But Eli, in my mind, confirms this from his reactions during the gating to earth. Also how Telford1, the one that survives, wants to yell at himself.

Actually, scratch all that. The more I think about it, it seems perfectly fitting for Rush to plan it all... All for the parts. I kinda like him more like that in a morbid kind of way.. Rush is one of the most brilliantly written AND acted characters TV has ever produced. After all.. Rush2 wouldn't have asked Rush1 if he did it if Rush 2 not already been thinking about doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                    holy crap they need to tell us what happens when the chair does the steam thing! I'm dyin' here! lol

personally, i'm thinking that before past Destiny burned up, past Rush uploaded his consciousness to our Destiny. That'd be awesome wouldn't it? A holographic Rush with a bandaid on telling us how to run Destiny properly?
                    That rush died with that destiny. He sat in that chair in hopes he could have some closure on the knowledge he could gain from it before dieing. His up load won't be on Destiny2.

Comment

Did they get the other space suits?! This was a great episode. Would the other crew come out another gate somewhere along Destiny's path like they had happen in SG1? And now that the ship is in better shape could they try again or would they need to completely restore it?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthonyr1391 View Post
                        Did they get the other space suits?! This was a great episode. Would the other crew come out another gate somewhere along Destiny's path like they had happen in SG1? And now that the ship is in better shape could they try again or would they need to completely restore it?
                        I hadn't even thought about the suits. I do wonder if they grabbed them, though.

I don't think they'll try it again either way. It wasn't a problem with the ship, it was the very act of dialing 9 chevrons from within a star that caused the stargate itself to overload.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Utitan View Post
                          That rush died with that destiny. He sat in that chair in hopes he could have some closure on the knowledge he could gain from it before dieing. His up load won't be on Destiny2.
                          I like the idea, but I dont buy it and thats not what I saw. What I saw was Rush trying to gain the knowledge of the ancients to save his ass rather than save his soul. Here's the clincher for me... if Rush that sat in the chair just wanted the knowledge of the ancients then why did the steam come down the way that it did for Franklin when he disappeared? Something is not completely as it seems here and its mostly just that we haven't been given the full picture on that chair yet.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            I hadn't even thought about the suits. I do wonder if they grabbed them, though.

I don't think they'll try it again either way. It wasn't a problem with the ship, it was the very act of dialing 9 chevrons from within a star that caused the stargate itself to overload.
                            no idea on the suits either. they never outright mentioned them but at the same time i cant believe that they WOULDNT have grabbed them when given the chance.

i'm not sure it was the actual act of dialing the 9th chevron from inside a star that caused it but an unpredictable solar flare at the exact moment that destiny dialed earth that got them. Man, i need to rewatch this one lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vanek26 View Post
                              AWESOME!

Also, one of the funniest lines ever.

TJ - "Like Dr. Jackson and Col. Carter... and that other guy that looks at your..." gestures at Lt. James.

Lt. James makes a face "McKay."
                              I liked that part, as well. That made me smile.

Originally posted by Utitan View Post
                              Actually, scratch all that. The more I think about it, it seems perfectly fitting for Rush to plan it all... All for the parts. I kinda like him more like that in a morbid kind of way.. Rush is one of the most brilliantly written AND acted characters TV has ever produced. After all.. Rush2 wouldn't have asked Rush1 if he did it if Rush 2 not already been thinking about doing it.
                              Wow! Well said. That's a good thought. So, scarred-Rush would be from the future in which plan would've happened and failed. So, if scarred-Rush did somehow plan something to go catastrophic, then the present Rush would've known already. Right? I think. Oh...got the headache again.
                              sigpic
                              Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

sidenote: looks like we've got quite the crowd frequenting this thread tonight and that's awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X