This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    No more contrived than when the writers invented the "solar flare = time travel" plot device in the first place.
    It's not like time travel using stars is something they invented out of nowhere. Star Trek did it first. Having the whole ship go back and Telford go forward, on the other hand, is a bit outside the established behavior. When you come down to it, this episode is largely a contrivance to do certain things: make repairs, get Telford back on Earth, etc. Not to say it's a bad thing, that just is what it is.

Comment

wait who are we calling future rush? future rush would be our rush and past rush was the orginal rush that we found in the other shuttle that had the burn on his face. at least that was my take on it. maybe i have it backwards? ITS SO CONFUSING! where's doc brown when i need him most????

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        Past Rush? I'm pretty sure that was Future Rush in the chair?
        Well he's past now! Probably pining for the fjords.

Comment

I really loved this ep; definately one of my favorites. I can't thnk of anything to reallly complain about lol. Telford seemed a bit angrier than usual since he's been himself(not brainwashed); I guess so that it would be a little more understandable when Rush pushed and killed him. I'm glad Rush is still Rush, and wasn't so mushy this ep, like he was last week. I loved Rush's speech, and that Young was going to stay behind. I've been really liking Young lately. This ep was so good it makes me sad.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
            It's not like time travel using stars is something they invented out of nowhere. Star Trek did it first. Having the whole ship go back and Telford go forward, on the other hand, is a bit outside the established behavior. When you come down to it, this episode is largely a contrivance to do certain things: make repairs, get Telford back on Earth, etc. Not to say it's a bad thing, that just is what it is.
            I'll copy/paste from the other thread I just posted this in, I think this is the explanation:

Their Destiny traveled back in time the instant the ninth-chevron address locked, so when Telford stepped through the gate, he was already in our timeline and so he went to our Earth. That's why Camille was able to use the stones to speak swap with David back at Homeworld Command and yet there was still a Telford (ours) on the alternate Destiny to die.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
              wait who are we calling future rush? future rush would be our rush and past rush was the orginal rush that we found in the other shuttle that had the burn on his face. at least that was my take on it. maybe i have it backwards? ITS SO CONFUSING! where's doc brown when i need him most????
              Oh crap! You're right! Band-aid Rush is who I am calling Future Rush...but I guess that might be incorrect. Whoops!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Past Rush? I'm pretty sure that was Future Rush in the chair?
                yes the one that brought the second shuttle sat in the chair, or you could say the one that killed a Telford

Comment

My Favorite ep of the series.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    My Favorite ep of the series.
                    MINE TO, for now....

Comment

Rug-Burn Rush is the one who sat in the chair.
                      sigpic
                      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

now we have 2 shuttles and lots of guns and food. niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.also telford is on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanek26 View Post
                          AWESOME!

Also, one of the funniest lines ever.

TJ - "Like Dr. Jackson and Col. Carter... and that other guy that looks at your..." gestures at Lt. James.

Lt. James makes a face "McKay."
                          lol, i started cracking up at that and my roommate gave me a weird look (she hasn't seen any of the franchise). i also liked lee in eli's clothes, that whole scene actually.
                          sigpic

Comment

Compared to the reset I was expecting (erase half a season). I kind of like this version. Beyond the put Eli down, and Rush confirmation factor. i.e. same as it always was...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                              Compared to the reset I was expecting (erase half a season). I kind of like this version. Beyond the put Eli down, and Rush confirmation factor. i.e. same as it always was...
                              But there are pretty big differences...

- Eli knows his plan won't work now, so the mission's definitely going for the long-haul
                              - Rush has been validated for his dislike of the original plan in "Earth"
                              - (Original) Telford is dead, but (New) Telford is alive, they're different people
                              - Telford is back on Earth, taking him out of the power struggle on the ship
                              - Destiny can effect repairs to hopefully bring its strength even beyond what it was in "Air"
                              - They have additional weapons, medical supplies, food, shuttles, etc.
                              - Earth is finally aware that the sun-dialing program won't work, so the ship probably has even more autonomy now
                              - Etc.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

holy crap they need to tell us what happens when the chair does the steam thing! I'm dyin' here! lol

personally, i'm thinking that before past Destiny burned up, past Rush uploaded his consciousness to our Destiny. That'd be awesome wouldn't it? A holographic Rush with a bandaid on telling us how to run Destiny properly?

Comment

Working...
                                X