Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason, in SGU, they never explain anything.
    1.In Air, we encounter a desert lifeform and find out almost nothing about it's intelligence.
    2.In Space, we encounter these Blue Aliens, we do get something like they want Destiny for some bizarre reason never told(yet). Then, they never explained anything about Chloe's transformation(yet).
    3.In the "Eden" arc, we find out about some aliens who we never see and who supposedly control our destinies, however we find out nothing about them(yet).
    4.They capture these Lucian Alliance guys and no info about them ever again after Ginn and Simeon(yet). And so the list goes on...
    I just hope that when they finally reach that signal from 10000000000000000000000000 B.C.(which we don't know anything about) they'll answer my questions.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Still, about SGU(and Farscape), I say "it's the best, beats the rest".
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
        For some reason, in SGU, they never explain anything.
        1.In Air, we encounter a desert lifeform and find out almost nothing about it's intelligence.
        2.In Space, we encounter these Blue Aliens, we do get something like they want Destiny for some bizarre reason never told(yet). Then, they never explained anything about Chloe's transformation(yet).
        3.In the "Eden" arc, we find out about some aliens who we never see and who supposedly control our destinies, however we find out nothing about them(yet).
        4.They capture these Lucian Alliance guys and no info about them ever again after Ginn and Simeon(yet). And so the list goes on...
        I just hope that when they finally reach that signal from 10000000000000000000000000 B.C.(which we don't know anything about) they'll answer my questions.
        I hear ya, but I think they are doing this to increase the suspense and mystery and make us more curious.
        But that made the complete opposite happen. Many fans lost interest and just stopped watching SGU and I don't blame them coz I lost interest too. I'm only still watching to see the guest appearances of SG- 1 and SGA cast and because I wanna know what will happen in the SG-verse. The only thing that made me get some of my interest back was when Rush told us about the original mission. I wanna know more about the traces of the race that Destiny was sent to find.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
          Nope, I post it in the Review thread and also in this thread, because people can't respond in the review thread, or did you mean something else? *scratches head*
          Nope, I didn't realise you posted them in both, my bad. I generally stay out of this part of town
          I only had a look in this one this time around because Dun Dun Da, I liked T.D.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Why were there two Telfords if 'our' Destiny's crew never dialled Earth? Telford never went through the gate to Earth in 'our' timeline.
            sigpic
            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
              Why were there two Telfords if 'our' Destiny's crew never dialled Earth? Telford never went through the gate to Earth in 'our' timeline.
              The gate was dialed and Destiny time traveled back in time before Telford had a chance to step through the gate. When he stepped through, Destiny was already in the present timeline...thus he stepped through the gate in 'our' timeline. Or I think it was something like that. That's why I just kind of ignored all the time travel stuff and focused on the story.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

yeah i too focused on the story ...like lucian alliance and the crew working together now ..........ship can now b repaired ,at least some of the ship because as volker said....there are things they don't even kno how to begin to fix.also it looks like they still don't trust rush ,hence they put guards by everything that had ''buttons'' to push........just wondering though why they didn't use chloe to help work out the kinks in dialling within the star.oh and all about them gating to the alt destiny..i just don't see it happening.that means the sgc can dial atlantis while atlantis is on earth?

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                  yeah i too focused on the story ...like lucian alliance and the crew working together now ..........ship can now b repaired ,at least some of the ship because as volker said....there are things they don't even kno how to begin to fix.also it looks like they still don't trust rush ,hence they put guards by everything that had ''buttons'' to push........just wondering though why they didn't use chloe to help work out the kinks in dialling within the star.oh and all about them gating to the alt destiny..i just don't see it happening.that means the sgc can dial atlantis while atlantis is on earth?
                  In the land of Stargate, Destiny apparently has a gate address that is unique to the ship itself. Thus the gate on Destiny can be dialed no matter where it is. They also made a short FTL jump away from the Destiny that was falling into the star in order to dial it with the gate they had which I assume means that even gates that don't rely on points of origin have to have some distance between them to dial each other.

Atlantis's gate is tied to having a point of origin so no the SGC cannot dial Atlantis while Atlantis is on Earth because it's been established somewhere that gates sharing the same point of origin cannot dial each other.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Twin Destinies - Now you watch these kind of episodes and think, "Why has the show been cancelled?", it had a story, it had acting, it has action of kinds and it had intelligence. I'm sorry, but everyone is just cancelling SCI FI shows nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by howwow View Post
                      A very long post, but I enjoyed your writing.
                      thanks and green!

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                      Its funny how EG is the only one who does fan reviews .
                      There is at least one other but yeah, for this season I've tried to be consistent. I may go back at some later time and do ones for season 1
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how diving into a sun would make the whole ship travel back in time a few hours. I can see the wormhole doing that, but the whole ship?

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                          I'm still trying to figure out how diving into a sun would make the whole ship travel back in time a few hours. I can see the wormhole doing that, but the whole ship?
                          They sort of done this in Star Trek IV, going around the sun so why not though the sun...

Comment

It's happend before in Stargate -- See SG1's "1969" - the extra gravity from the sun affects the wormhole, creating time travel.

GateWorld Omnipedia article on Stargates:

1969 - The gravity of a solar flare bends the wormhole back to Earth, throwing SG-1 back in time 30 years.

Was also used as a plot device in #SGA's "The Last Man."
                            Blog Twitter

Comment

I think it was more that there was a solar flare that did it, but cause we were pumping so much energy into the wormhole, it caused the whole ship to jump.

Comment

Originally posted by antipodal View Post
                                It's happend before in Stargate -- See SG1's "1969" - the extra gravity from the sun affects the wormhole, creating time travel.

GateWorld Omnipedia article on Stargates:

1969 - The gravity of a solar flare bends the wormhole back to Earth, throwing SG-1 back in time 30 years.

Was also used as a plot device in #SGA's "The Last Man."
                                Well yeah, wormhole + solarflare= some sort of time travel is pretty well established in sg-verse, which was why i said i could see a wormhole doing that. But the entire ship traveling back in time while in the sun is something new to the sg-verse.

Comment

Working...
                                X