No announcement yet.

Greerli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always enjoyed the Greer Eli dynamic ever since "I can invent things too." Another memorable quote part was when Greer told Scott Eli would take a bullet for Chloe. He's very astute. I think they may be kindred in some unrealized potential kind of ways.
    I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

if they were friends like this in the episode when they get stuck in the tunnel place, that joke about him being scared would of went down much better, i think they should get together to invent something , since they are both good at it
      ''It's not what you have, it's how you use it.''

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
        Greer + Eli bonding were my favorite scenes of the ep. Especially when Greer sat down to eat and pushed Eli aside and Eli was like "Sorry". Hahaha. More please!
        Also, I trademark that name combo...
        GREERLI!
        yes, very nice; compare it to the scene in HUMAN when they are going into the tunnel, please find again:
        GREER: All right, I'm gonna stay up here and cover your backs.

WALLACE (quietly): Are you scared?

(Greer's head snaps around towards Eli. At the same moment Scott stops dead, his eyes full of dread. He looks back at a grinning Eli, whose smile very quickly fades as he turns to look at Greer who, despite his eyes being obscured by very dark sunshades, is clearly not a happy bunny.)

WALLACE: That was a joke!

(Greer turns to face him fully.)

WALLACE (sarcastically): I'm sorry - I must have mistakenly thought we were on that level now. (He smiles, trying to make light of the situation.) You know, friends who can kid each other like that!

(Greer takes his shades off and glares at him.)

WALLACE: Please don't kill me.
        Remember? That wasn't Greerli at that time yet
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

The Greerli existed before that, Eli just touched a nerve without knowing better.

Comment

I think this just builds Greers character immensely. It shows what kind of friend he is and that no matter what the scenario hes got your back.

Sgt. Greer The Ultimate Multi Purpose Wing Man!

Comment

in greer we trust lol

Comment

Greer is the best character except for rush. he's the mega tough marine with a heart of gold.
                Jack O'Neill - "Hammond is insisting SG-1 needs a sociopolitical nerd to offset our overwhelming coolness."

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
                  He's always been more complex mostly because of the work of the actor playing him. Now...if he could only get a complex and major storyline like all the other characters. A storyline that continues over a period of a few eps or over the course of a season. He gets nothing like that. And before people use the tired excuse about there being a lot of characters I will point out that all the other regular leads (and no, Brody, Park, etc don't count) have gotten such storylines. Wray appears in half the eps and she too even has a recurring plots, storylines. Greer is way overdue.

No point starting one now. the show won't have a 3rd season!!

Comment

Great acting from both of them. Felt very natural

Comment

Greer reminded me of one of my best friends. I was painfully shy and lacking in cofidence with women during and after College. He used to push me to be more outgoing and aggressive. Pretty much the same way Greer did with Eli.

All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                        Greer reminded me of one of my best friends. I was painfully shy and lacking in cofidence with women during and after College. He used to push me to be more outgoing and aggressive. Pretty much the same way Greer did with Eli.

Same here, but in high school. All of those scenes were just realistically written I thought. It's always nice when a show/movie reminds you of something that's happened to you.

Comment

I loved that scene in the mess between Greer and Eli, too.
                          I did think that the Eli and Ginn scenes were a little rushed but
                          Spoiler:
                          I personally think they speeded it up because Ginn will probably be killed off before the end of the season.

I think Greer wants to see Eli happy, and he knows that Eli has been pining for Chloe.
                          Scott is Greer's best friend, and he likes Eli a lot, too. so he want's to see them both happy.

Comment

That scene really brought out my Greer love. I like how he reaches understandings with the least expected people Eli for example. Greer is the soldier who is capable of respecting people outside the military if they earn it. And now doubt Eli definately earned Greer's respect.

Comment

I really did enjoy all those scene's in this episode.

Love the fact that Greer is still looking out for, well everyone really, and yes I know its his job...

But he really took pleasure in his work this time. I mean he knows the whole Scott/Chloe/Eli dynamic and possibly felt bad for Eli...However, they both seem to have a good working relationship which in this episode became more like well....I won't say brothers...more like frat-brothers (and no, I've never gone to college, wrong side of the pond, so feel free to correct me here).

In real life...I'd love to know someone like Greer was watching MY back...

Comment

um u guys do realize this was all part of Eli's dream right ? now Greer may have some esteem for Eli in "real life" too, but he would never be that helpful to him - or even friendly for that matter

Comment

Working...
                                X