This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Rush is like Destiny's father. He has more control then strangers but no one controls Destiny but Destiny
    LOL! So much mental green

Man oh man, this ep just freaking kicked arse! Scott, Young, Eli/Ginn, dreams, comedy, angst, Mystery!Franklin... just awesome. Awesome.

I love this show.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stargater276 View Post
      Does anyone else think it's entirely possible that TJ's dream was just a scenario generated by the Destiny in order to keep her from completely falling apart since she is necessary to the mission?
      Yes. It makes almost perfect sense to me.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      No. Because thier wasn't a mental need for TJ like Young
      She is the closest thing they have to a doctor. But does there really have to be an obvious need? Rush said something about Destiny being aware of "our presence" ("our" being the key word). So if Young is having dreams and Rush is seeing people, it's very possible that TJ was effected the same way.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      For once jel, I think you're way off the mark. We saw all through Season 1 (particularly in the first half) that Destiny stops off for essential supplies that her crew needs for physical survival. This new development is about her crew's mental health. I think it's a perfectly reasonable guess that as of late Season 1/early Season 2, Destiny had come to understand the roles that her crew play.

I'm not saying that I expect this to be the explanation of TJ's dream, just that it's a fair guess.
      That makes a lot of sense to me too.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
        Yes. It makes almost perfect sense to me.

She is the closest thing they have to a doctor. But does there really have to be an obvious need? Rush said something about Destiny being aware of "our presence" ("our" being the key word). So if Young is having dreams and Rush is seeing people, it's very possible that TJ was effected the same way.

That makes a lot of sense to me too.
        Of course its possible just not very likely given the circumstances around both their situations
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

What do you get from this episode? Has Franklin become some kind of ship avatar? That's the way I see it. Especially, now that we know the AI may be more powerful that we first thought.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I got news for Rush.

I don't think he's in control of the Destiny as he'd like to think he is.

First of all, the military support Young. If it came to a head the military would win out.

Secondly, I think the Destiny might be a sentient ship with ideas of it's own. And if those two people talking to Rush are actually holograms, then the Destiny is more than likely evaluating Rush as well as evaluating Young, and is probably trying to decide if it likes them or if it does and who would it prefer to be in command.

And I think Rush is making a big mistake in keeping the Bridge a secret to himself. He's not the most popular person on the Destiny, and if people find out well he once came really close to having a nervous breakdown from how the people treated him.

But in short, he can't do it alone. He needs them as much as they need him.

And I wish they'd learn that and learn how to overcome their petty differences and start actually working together instead of trying to tear everyone apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
              I loved the action sequence, even if it was just a dream. The stuff with Greer and Eli was good too. Greer's antics had me cracking up.

It didn't really dawn on me while I was watching the episode last night, but I definitely think the dream TJ had in the season premier was just the ship messing with her. (maybe "messing with her" isn't the best way to describe it)
              Could definitely be possible, I don't wanna believe this cuz the other option seems cooler/better, but at the same time after trial and error i'm kinda leaning towards this being what happened.
              sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                What do you get from this episode? Has Franklin become some kind of ship avatar? That's the way I see it. Especially, now that we know the AI may be more powerful that we first thought.
                I Agree, kind of like Rush's own tutorial guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Ssuper Kyle View Post
                  Anyone else get the Inception reference with the wedding band?
                  Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                  no, what do you mean?
                  Wedding band spinning. Young spins it in his quarters exactly like Cobb in Inception spun his totem to check if he was dreaming or awake. Given the date of Inception's release it's unlikely that it was an intentional reference, but man, it does seem like one in hindsight and I freaking loved it. Even the meaning (dream vs reality) fitt.

As to the episode, I liked it very much but I'm not as much in love with it as the good portion of fandom seems to be. There was something about it that at times made my thoughts start to wander, I'm not sure why. Also, as I said, I didn't like Eli/Ginn 'ship. I adore both characters but their instant infatuation seemed to come out of the blue for me and as I said in another thread, I'm not a fan of "super attractive girl hitting on awkard socially geek" cliche which seems to be a trademark of Mallozzi & Mullie. No, just...no.

Everything else was just awesome. Young/TJ scene at the beginning was just heart-breaking and exceptionally well-played. I really felt for both of them, but especially for TJ. She tries so hard to believe that her baby is alive and well...

I agree with the others that Young/Scott scene was the highlight of the ep and probably one of the best scenes in the series. It was superbly acted by both actors, hats off for them. Young's my second fave character and I freaking loved how he was put through the wringer, how it all came down crashing on him and how he found the strength to get up and carry his burden again. It was the best Young episode to date and it won't be easy to top it. Also, Scott's line about how Young feels responsible for everyone and everything reminded me of Jack O'Neill. I'm starting to see what Jack saw in Young, when he wanted him to take command of the mission.

Second week in a row I adored Scott and found myself interested in this character - before Cloverdale the last time it happened was Air III. Scott's starting to man up and act like a true 2IC, who's not afraid to step in and call his superior on his BS when needed. He scored a lot of points with me by reacting so maturely about Young's confession about Riley. Man, that was powerful stuff. I love where they are taking his character and as someone else said, I hope we'll see more of this Scott.

Ditto on Chloe. Her alien infection does wonders for her character. I was very impressed by her maturity, astuteness and calm acceptance of the way things are. Her scene with Young was another winner of the ep. Also, her relationship with Matt appears to be as strong as ever, so maybe the threads heralding the end of them were a bit premature?

Big props up to Camille, who shows her human side a lot this season. Her offer to help Young - made in private, so as not to undermine his authority further - and her sound judgement when she later tried to convince Scott to take command were things I'm slowly coming to count on and expect from her. Great change since season 1.

James, Park, Brody, Volker and Franklin were all great to see again.

Last, but not least, is Greer. It turns out that Scott's impression of him from Cloverdale was spot on and Greer really does have a lighter, more playful and gentle side. Watching him playing a matchmaker and pretty much taking Eli under his wings was FUN. Also, I get the impression that Greer doesn't have many problems with lack of interest from the ladies

Speaking of Cloverdale, I really love how it foreshadowed this episode. In Cloverdale Young was a father figure, in T&E he called Scott on it. Then Scott was asking him for answers, now he gave them to Young. His impression of Greer as a fun-loving, loyal guy was spot-on, as was his impression of Chloe, unsure of his feelings. Great stuff.

At the end I'd like to add that I loved the visuals of the battles, particularly Destiny's explosion and glass breaking and Scott being sucked into the space.

ETA: Rush sealing Young's command? Priceless.
                  There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                  sigpic
                  awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Pretty bad episode, no development at all. 10 minutes of something while 30 minutes of just BS.

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                      Pretty bad episode, no development at all. 10 minutes of something while 30 minutes of just BS.
                      Space battles are now classed as BS?

Personally while thought the episode didn't make leaps and bounds in terms of plot, I still enjoyed it, thanks to firstly the Space battles and secondly the revelation that Destiny was messing with people’s heads and seems to have its own agenda.

And Eli's getting some!

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                        <Snipped by Moderator>

Fantastic episode! Absolutely loved the part where Young admits smothering Riley with his bare hands. It just ties the whole thing together for Scott. Cant wait to see what happens with Rush and the bridge! Is it Tuesday yet???
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 November 2010, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I throughly enjoyed this episode and reading over this forum has caused me to join and post a comment.

A few questions or comments.

1. What is Franklin? Last we saw of him he sat down in the chair was frozen and vanished. Has anyone considered that franklin in someway has become the A.I. on destiny now? And this was one of the things that Destiny was waiting for. Franklin is not an Ancient so maybe it has taken longer for him to evolve and for now can only make himself visible on the bridge. Heck maybe he is supposed to be the bridge officer for all we know. this looks like it could get really intresting in the near future.

With Syfy pulling the plug on Caprica this is the only chance we have at a new good Sci-fi show at the moment. I hope that the Network give it the time to grow an audience and build the show to it's potential.

Comment

after last weeks abysmal effort, i thought this week had some awesome character development, Young had a breakdown and came back from the brink.
                            Eli got some redhead loving, Greer and Eli had some killer bro moments. Scott showed his true colours in helping Young and not taking the advantage, Rush is sinking further and further into crazytown, Chloe.... well who knows, but i'm tipping she'll some kind of helpful hybrid soon enough.

Effects? AWESOME! second to none.
                            Jack O'Neill - "Hammond is insisting SG-1 needs a sociopolitical nerd to offset our overwhelming coolness."

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                              I don't think he's in control of the Destiny as he'd like to think he is.

First of all, the military support Young. If it came to a head the military would win out.
                              While I agree that Rush needs them as much as they need him, you overestimate who would win. Remember, Rush on the bridge controls everything. It's a simple matter to lock sections of the ship down, vent atmosphere, etc; pretty much what they did in Divided.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                                This was an interesting episode, if nothing else. After mulling it over, here are my thoughts:

Destiny - Supposed to pre-date Atlantis. The city didn't have any sort of AI, so why does Destiny have one? They are building this ship up to be something mystical, but there is no reason why it should be; unless it's encountered something along it's route that might account for that. My only guess at this stage, is the Faith aliens; they've become of Destiny and it's mission, and now the crew, and are following along in an attempt to understand the humans. At this stage, that's the only explanation I can offer, otherwise none of this makes sense.
                                Atlantis Does not fly by itself Atlantis needs a crew. The destiny on the other hand was designed to operate with no crew for hundreds of thousands of years. So it is possible the ancients designed destiny with a AI to travel between galaxies, to locate the nearest star when the power reserve's are at minimum, to defend itself against hostile aliens, to download, analyze, and plot a course for all the information that the seed ships are sending, and etc. that's my theory.

Comment

Working...
                                X