Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SGA-SGU comparisons will never end lol.....

I guess im the only one who felt meh about this one.. it was ok... 7/10
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks to Rush, we don't know if Young's "recovery" that made Destiny jump, or something else, but whatever the reason, I'm glad Young is back. Halfway through the episode, I was ready to ship him and Chloe to the blue guys via overnight express, at the end, just Chloe.
      I am SOOO glad Eli and Ginn look like they're getting together. I hope they bring her on as a regular and ship Chloe to the blue guys via overnight express. She seems perfect for Eli, and I really hope he finally finds someone to be truly there for him
      12 out of 10 for this episode
      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
      Zatnikitelman

Comment

It's about time we had more adorable gingers on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
          It's not that unbelievable. Sometimes all it takes is someone willing to tell it like it is.
          But alcoholism is a physical disease. It's possible to go to cold turkey, but it's not common. Young is always going to have that risk again.

Comment

Originally posted by SSJPabs View Post
            But alcoholism is a physical disease. It's possible to go to cold turkey, but it's not common. Young is always going to have that risk again.
            It wasn't alcoholism that bothered Young. It was mental not physical. He was depressed because of what he has done
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
              The SGA-SGU comparisons will never end lol.....
              you make it sound like it is a bad thing?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                It's about time we had more adorable gingers on the show.

I had a couple problems with this episode:
                1) I thought Young and his wife had already split up? I seem to remember him referring to her as, "My Ex." Am I just mistaken, or did the writers make one hell of a slip-up?

2) The Destiny was established pretty early on that, while advanced, is still in the "analogue" phase of mental technology. The chair requiring a physical connection sealed the deal on this mystery for me. So why, all of a sudden, does the Destiny possess the ability to communicate telepathically (for lack of a better word) with select individuals of its choosing?

Seems like an extremely watered-down cup of Wormhole drive to me. Still, it was a good episode, I just have....issues, or misunderstandings, with some of it.
                sigpic
                ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Wasn't this suppose to be the episode that we would learn what Destiny's true mission is? Might be thinking of another episode.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Wasn't this suppose to be the episode that we would learn what Destiny's true mission is? Might be thinking of another episode.
                    Spoiler:
                    Thats "The Greater Good which premieres next week
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      That's next week if I'm not mistaken

Comment

i love destiny ... she's so awesome
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Does anyone else think it's entirely possible that TJ's dream was just a scenario generated by the Destiny in order to keep her from completely falling apart since she is necessary to the mission?

Comment

This was an awesome episode. Great preformances by Louis and Brian. Actually, I think it's probably my favorite in season 2 so far.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stargater276 View Post
                              Does anyone else think it's entirely possible that TJ's dream was just a scenario generated by the Destiny in order to keep her from completely falling apart since she is necessary to the mission?
                              No. Because thier wasn't a mental need for TJ like Young
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

This was an interesting episode, if nothing else. After mulling it over, here are my thoughts:

Destiny - Supposed to pre-date Atlantis. The city didn't have any sort of AI, so why does Destiny have one? They are building this ship up to be something mystical, but there is no reason why it should be; unless it's encountered something along it's route that might account for that. My only guess at this stage, is the Faith aliens; they've become of Destiny and it's mission, and now the crew, and are following along in an attempt to understand the humans. At this stage, that's the only explanation I can offer, otherwise none of this makes sense.

Young - needed a kick in the pants (and some might say he needed to be smacked, but I guess he gets off scott-free, pun intended). I felt his coming through was a bit too fast, but it's not impossible. The faster something happens, the less likely it had a deep impact, so I suppose time will tell as to whether he can get it together and keep it together.

Scott - Had the perfect opportunity to step up, and logically speaking, he was coming across as the better choice. He didn't want the burden? Well, neither did Young. Even generals need time off, so it might have been a good idea for Scott to at least assume command temporarily to give Young some time to recover. Sad to see that didn't happen. Here's a hint, Scott: You've got no business telling someone they must command, when you acknowledge yourself that you don't want to. It's hypocritical. In the chain of command, a lower officer must be prepared to assume command if need be, and Scott just showed cowardice, while trying to talk Young out of his.

Rush - I won't lie; he needs a talking to as well, although I have a feeling it will come next episode. Other than that, I like the mysterious nature of what he does, so you're never quite sure if he's doing it for you, or himself. But that question is mostly moot, because he's right away, regardless of how cold or callous it might be; he gives you what you want. What he said to Chloe was exactly right. He tried to help her, to give her a chance at normalcy again so people wouldn't be afraid of her. He got the ship moving again, and I'm really disliking Franklin here; you only get to come across as a wise sage if you've earned it, and what Franklin is, hasn't earned that. If he's not a delusion, that he's deliberately being obtuse.

Chloe - Speaking of which... Rush was right about using what's happening to her to help understand things about the ship (and give her something to do). Lord knows she hasn't contributed much to life aboard the ship so far; the least she can do is work on those equations. So it doesn't come across as bashing, I'm glad to see that she isn't whining too much about her situation, and that she acknowledges what may happen. And she is working on those equations; just too bad it took super alien powers for that to happen.

Eli and Ginn(and Greer) - Despite Eli being one of my favorite characters, I kinda have to really question this sudden relationship. It wreaks of the same vibes I got from Scott and Chloe; way too sudden. As a result, it really smells like she's using Eli, getting close to him in the hopes of remaining free. Granted, she could be honest, but everyone seemed to be buying it too much. Especially Greer; WTF soldier boy? You're letting your charge out of your sight against orders? Those would be Young's orders, by the way. If we want Young to be in command, shouldn't we respect those orders?

I feel a bit cheated that the alien encounter didn't happen, but that does set up the mid-season two parter, and possibly the season 2 finale as well. Perhaps Destiny has received information that the Aliens are setting up a blockade or trap ahead, and is working out tactics for dealing with it. There is a subspace link through the gates, after all.

At any rate, it's a step up from the last two weeks, and was a better way to showcase character development. There was more of that development in interactions with the crew. Last week, we just got Scott. This week, we get as much, if not more from Young, with a whole slew of others, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X