X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Space battles are now classed as BS?

Personally while thought the episode didn't make leaps and bounds in terms of plot, I still enjoyed it, thanks to firstly the Space battles and secondly the revelation that Destiny was messing with people’s heads and seems to have its own agenda.

And Eli's getting some!
    lol you call that a Space battle pretty garbage attempt a space battle, the alien weapons suck!Just those random shots being fired that lasted 5 minutes at best the rest of the episode I nearly fell asleep.

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
    <Snipped by Moderator>

Fantastic episode! Absolutely loved the part where Young admits smothering Riley with his bare hands. It just ties the whole thing together for Scott. Cant wait to see what happens with Rush and the bridge! Is it Tuesday yet???
    Here is a word of advice, don't accuse others of trolling.Just because I hated this episodes doesn't mean I am automatically a troll. This episode felt like more of a BSG rip-off than anything else where the chain of command was being questioned.
    I liked episodes like time/the season 1 finale,but this was pretty ****.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 November 2010, 07:41 AM.

Comment

I think sometimes people forget that it's alright for someone else to have their own opinion, and thus try to label anyone who disagrees as a troll. I thought Cloverdale was pretty crappy and I felt this episode was fairly decent, but I recognize others can feel differently.

Comment

Whats really frustrating, although it was an improvement from last week in general, is that, again they spent more than half an episode on something (dreams, last week was hallucinations) that ultimately is not really important or significant to the Destiny story.

Now i know i was right not to be excited about that 2nd season trailer, cause so far, all the cool sequences are from dreams, hallucinations or whatever. In the end, those parts dont mean squat.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
          Whats really frustrating, although it was an improvement from last week in general, is that, again they spent more than half an episode on something (dreams, last week was hallucinations) that ultimately is not really important or significant to the Destiny story.

Now i know i was right not to be excited about that 2nd season trailer, cause so far, all the cool sequences are from dreams, hallucinations or whatever. In the end, those parts dont mean squat.
          Well said

Comment

Great episode. Good performance by Louis Ferreira and another "Rushed" ending. Fantastic!

<Snipped by Moderator>
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 November 2010, 07:34 AM.

Comment

So... erm... does this mean that when Rush is talking to Franklin and/or good lady wife, that he has dozed off in his throne?

Well, Young was asleep, TJ was unconscious, seems the ship is only able to communicate with you when your asleep/not concious.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                This was by far my favorite episode so far, it was almost perfect in tone, action, mystery, drama and...well everything.

SGU fufilled its potential in this episode in a way that no other episode has even come close to in my opinion - hope they can keep it up.
                But will you still feel that way if the Next episode has us hitting the reset button again. So Eli's kiss and pretty much everything in this episode was all virtual reality. And how much would it suck if it reset all that back to cloverdale and they're still on that planet trying to save Scott? Not that it is, or will, but what if? Given the obvious reset abuse. Otherwise a lot of cool things that never happened in this past episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                  But will you still feel that way if the Next episode has us hitting the reset button again. So Eli's kiss and pretty much everything in this episode was all virtual reality. And how much would it suck if it reset all that back to cloverdale and they're still on that planet trying to save Scott? Not that it is, or will, but what if? Given the obvious reset abuse. Otherwise a lot of cool things that never happened in this past episode.
                  This is missing the point. There is no reset button. The point wasn't that the alien attack didn't happen, it's that it could and it showed how Young would deal with total failure. Young's angst, Eli getting some, these things all happened, and won't cease to happen next episode.

Comment

<Snipped by Moderator>
                    First of all, we're talking in Stargate. There are facts established in Stargate that may not be provable in reality, that are taken as facts in Stargate.
                    For example, Jennifer Kellar had this separate consciousness in 'The Seed'.
                    Regardless, the fact remains that Chloe is studying Destiny. Whatever it is in her brain is understanding Destiny in ways that Rush is not able to.
                    Neuro-interface Chair sends data into the brain, as far as we know and seen in 'Human'.
                    So, something in Chloe's brain is studying Destiny and Rush send more Destiny data into her brain. Hmmmmmmm.... I wonder why.
                    You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out, do you? In fact, you have to have blinders on to ignore this altogether.

Anyway, the best you can do with your "evidence" is assert that the chair might have any effect. Not that it would speed up changes. So yes, you're taking a huge leap of faith here. All we know is that the chair rejects alien physiology, and does considerable harm to it. Given no other options, it was a just a chance. At best, it cures her. At worst, it does nothing. But there's no evidence for speeding up her changes. Even if we accept a download (which wouldn't happen since Rush was controlling it), that doesn't necessitate Chloe changing faster. Just that she gets more information in her head.
                    See the problem here is the concept of change with more understanding versus change, than understanding.
                    If you believe that change must precede any understanding, then, you would have a point. Additional understanding would not affect change because change has run it's course.
                    But that is not the case here, Chloe is changing while understanding Destiny, like a symbiotic process. Thereby, inducing more data into Chloe would affect the rate of change.

<Snipped by Moderator>
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 November 2010, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
                      First of all, we're talking in Stargate. There are facts established in Stargate that may not be provable in reality, that are taken as facts in Stargate.
                      For example, Jennifer Kellar had this separate consciousness in 'The Seed'.
                      Which was an alien organism growing inside her body and linked to her mind. Not the same thing. Stop trying to make excuses. You're wrong, plain and simple. The Stargate series does not use your 10% myth.

Regardless, the fact remains that Chloe is studying Destiny. Whatever it is in her brain is understanding Destiny in ways that Rush is not able to.
                      Neuro-interface Chair sends data into the brain, as far as we know and seen in 'Human'.
                      So, something in Chloe's brain is studying Destiny and Rush send more Destiny data into her brain. Hmmmmmmm.... I wonder why.
                      You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out, do you? In fact, you have to have blinders on to ignore this altogether.
                      The chair only sends data because Rush wanted it to. He kept it from doing so this time.

See the problem here is the concept of change with more understanding versus change, than understanding.
                      If you believe that change must precede any understanding, then, you would have a point. Additional understanding would not affect change because change has run it's course.
                      But that is not the case here, Chloe is changing while understanding Destiny, like a symbiotic process. Thereby, inducing more data into Chloe would affect the rate of change.
                      You really need to learn some biology. This is patently absurd. Learning does not affect a virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                        I got news for Rush.

I don't think he's in control of the Destiny as he'd like to think he is.
                        Did you like the ending when Rush was very curt to Dr. Franklyn?
                        Presuming Dr. Franklyn was Destiny AI, Rush was clearly showing how pissed he was with the fact that Destiny AI was testing Col. Young as the Commander, not Rush.
                        You can feel the testiness on his voice when he declares defiantly 'Destiny was evaluating Col. Young's ability to command the crew, but ultimately, I control the ship.'

Secondly, I think the Destiny might be a sentient ship with ideas of it's own. And if those two people talking to Rush are actually holograms, then the Destiny is more than likely evaluating Rush as well as evaluating Young, and is probably trying to decide if it likes them or if it does and who would it prefer to be in command.
                        Actually, I believe Destiny has already evaluated Rush and rejected him.

But in short, he can't do it alone. He needs them as much as they need him.
                        You're forgetting the mentality of know-it-alls. As Dr. MacKay succinctly stated in 'Grace Under Pressure'.
                        You'll excuse me if my trust in my fellow scientists is at an all-time low. You want something done right, do it yourself.
                        And I wish they'd learn that and learn how to overcome their petty differences and start actually working together instead of trying to tear everyone apart.
                        Then, we wouldn't have Stargate Universe. we would have Stargate SG-1 or Stargate Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                          This is missing the point. There is no reset button. The point wasn't that the alien attack didn't happen, it's that it could and it showed how Young would deal with total failure. Young's angst, Eli getting some, these things all happened, and won't cease to happen next episode.
                          Until it ceases to happen next episode.

Just how much of the trailers were virtual content, if that's any indication of virtual to reality content in the series. I fully expect Rush to still be sitting in the chair (pre-LOST) by the end of the season. Or more long arc, Gen. O'Neill wakes up from a two year Coma as the series finale, and says that was an odd dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                            Until it ceases to happen next episode.

Just how much of the trailers were virtual content, if that's any indication of virtual to reality content in the series. I fully expect Rush to still be sitting in the chair (pre-LOST) by the end of the season. Or more long arc, Gen. O'Neill wakes up from a two year Coma as the series finale, and says that was an odd dream.
                            Using one obvious dream sequence as an excuse to dismiss everything that comes after as meaningless visions is being pessimistic for the sake of being pessimistic, nothing more. You know full well it isn't going to happen, so why act like it?

Comment

But that's just it, I DON'T KNOW full well. The past TWO episodes have been > 50% virtual. By association, the next episode will be virtual.

The entire crew was encased in spider silk (in pathogen) and are dreaming as Chloe is feeding on them in her new genetic form. We're just cycling through the various dreams, Scott, Young, who's next? Eli?

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                                Which was an alien organism growing inside her body and linked to her mind. Not the same thing. Stop trying to make excuses. You're wrong, plain and simple. The Stargate series does not use your 10% myth.
                                Really? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
                                Let's see. Nothing will satisfy you unless it's exact word for word definition. Jennifer Keller is the perfect example. Not according to you, though.

The chair only sends data because Rush wanted it to. He kept it from doing so this time.
                                And you know this fact because...... Rush said so. Again, Rush speaks only TRUTH Myth.

You really need to learn some biology. This is patently absurd. Learning does not affect a virus.
                                And you know for a fact that Chloe has a virus, that affects her but not Scott after a transfusion.
                                Do you even think about what you're saying before you say it?
                                What has been established is that Chloe is transforming, AND she is studying Destiny.
                                This process has not been one of one process completes before the other starts. They're occurring concurrently, or has that escaped your keen awareness?
                                Nobody has established that it is a virus or anything like such. In fact, nobody knows what is causing the change. So much for learning biology.

Comment

Working...
                                X