• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Or use the shuttle/...
    we don't know how far away the Planet was to Destiny

Comment

question:

if we asked ourselves on every mission "is this wise" we would've buried the gate in Children of the Gods. hell, we never would've gone past cavemen era

besides, hindsight is that powerful feeling that it was obvious, even though common sense told you it was wise at that time. when people make mistakes, they want to prevent it from happening again and they check for ways to detect it, even when it's not detectable.

loosing people for a rescue mission is sad, but if you leave all behind, you lose more people, and morale.

besides, for every dozen rescue missions going right, one goes horribly wrong. just because you screw up once doesn't mean every mission isn't worth it.

lastly, it was an animal.

PS: young and varro's emotional attachement to TJ would ensure they'd loose half the crew before they'd give up on TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
        This has always been the Stargate does things. Sacrificing as many redshirts as possible for the sake of saving one main character is considered a successful mission.
        As long as there was Eli, Brody, Parks, and Volker still on the ship I'd trade Rush for TJ. I'd trade 20 redshirts for her also. Without a medic the expedition is a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
          because she has the right to explore, she is not a prisoner and she has rights
          On every planet they are screening for medicinals, edible food, and things to grow. Having TJ there on the scene is the most efficient way to accomplish this task.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
            On every planet they are screening for medicinals, edible food, and things to grow. Having TJ there on the scene is the most efficient way to accomplish this task.
            I know, your talking to the converted

Comment

I love the fact people are saying one human life is moe valuable than 20, really?

They rightfully mounted a rescue mission but they may have been less than rational letting emotional involvement go a litte to far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                I love the fact people are saying one human life is moe valuable than 20, really?

They rightfully mounted a rescue mission but they may have been less than rational letting emotional involvement go a litte to far.
                Seems rational to save the only person who has medical training
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  But Young and Varro have personal reasons to get TJ back other than needing a medical officer

Comment

I know many people who would gladly sacrifice hundreds of others, if it saved someone they knew.

Comment

But Young and Varro have personal reasons to get TJ back other than needing a medical officer
                      Possibly but it seems rather pointless given TJ's importane to Desting
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

You would be surprised the lengths some people go to to rescue loved ones...

Comment

This isn't days of our lives. The only person with medical training is worth 20 redshirts.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Not really. This is not earth where you have plenty of unproductive people who are expendable. On destiny you have scientists, military and three civilians (wray, chloe and eli). As far as i see none of them are expendable (well except chloe). Its absurd how the writers have an unlimited supply of redshirts on destiny.

Who will the medic heal when there's no one left ? TJ's live is not worth the lives of 20 people! Another person maybe but not 20.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            I know many people who would gladly sacrifice hundreds of others, if it saved someone they knew.
                            Doesn't make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                              Not really. This is not earth where you have plenty of unproductive people who are expendable. On destiny you have scientists, military and three civilians (wray, chloe and eli). As far as i see none of them are expendable (well except chloe). Its absurd how the writers have an unlimited supply of redshirts on destiny.

Who will the medic heal when there's no one left ? TJ's live is not worth the lives of 20 people! Another person maybe but not 20.

Doesn't make it right.
                              There are probably 20 deadbeats on the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                                Yes, but they're going for realism in SGU.
                                http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1293765.ece

THAT is real life.

Never leave a man behind. Even if his chance of survival is next to, or is in fact, zero. Every soldier/sailor/airman has the right to know that even if the worst happens, he will find his way back to his home soil, whatever condition he may be in. THAT is important.
                                Last edited by Flyboy; 16 April 2011, 07:56 AM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X