Favourite Moments/Quotes/Becker's BBQ Recipe from 'The Hunt'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    - Talk of eating meat and stuff. Imagine going vegetarian for ten months. Man it'd kill me, and if were onboard I'd start hunting on every planet for some space turkey.
    Space deer meat = deliciousness. Having had venison and elk steaks in the past, I can say that it's wonderful eating when prepared correctly. Having to go veggie for months on end (I'd despise that to no end) and then having some extraterrestrial venison would be... bliss.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
      You have to wonder how Mallozi actualy gets any writing gigs, his efforts of SGU have been dire.
      There's been a certain amount of growing up for all the SGU writers from their SG1/SGA roots. Brad and Rob did so right away with Air being what it was, and them trying to step forward showed in stories like Vegas and the Shrine in Atlantis season five. Carl Binder's become my favourite character writer in SGU, and look at how far he's gone - from Water to Life to Pain to Pathogen to The Greater Freaking Good and Hope two weeks back. That was beautiful man. Paul Mullie took a bit but recovered from Enemy At The Gate with Trial and Error this season. But Joe... I dunno, I just haven't felt his episodes all that much. I was thinking positively about him in Resurgence because of his Eli/Rush scene, but given how the Eli/Rush stuff played out here, I can't help but think Paul did a rewrite on the Resurgence scene or something, 'cause the difference feels noticeable...

And oh god I'm derailing a bit. Topic. Gotta remember it. Hell, I started it, so...
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

There's been a certain amount of growing up for all the SGU writers from their SG1/SGA roots. Brad and Rob did so right away with Air being what it was, and them trying to step forward showed in stories like Vegas and the Shrine in Atlantis season five. Carl Binder's become my favourite character writer in SGU, and look at how far he's gone - from Water to Life to Pain to Pathogen to The Greater Freaking Good and Hope two weeks back. That was beautiful man. Paul Mullie took a bit but recovered from Enemy At The Gate with Trial and Error this season. But Joe... I dunno, I just haven't felt his episodes all that much. I was thinking positively about him in Resurgence because of his Eli/Rush scene, but given how the Eli/Rush stuff played out here, I can't help but think Paul did a rewrite on the Resurgence scene or something, 'cause the difference feels noticeable...

And oh god I'm derailing a bit. Topic. Gotta remember it. Hell, I started it, so...
        I agree with you. Joe is awful for this show. I did enjoy the Hunt a lot but the ending was silly, and then after we learn a moral about respecting intelligent creatures we kill a space deer and eat it. Sick.

They should have kept Atlantis running simultaneously and let Joe stay on that show.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
          Indeed.

The whole "OMFG the beastie recognises fire ergo it must be intelligent and recognise we are also intelligent" bullcrap at the end was laughable in the extreme. As if Greer wouldnt shoot the thing? He's a grunt, trained to shoot first and not bother even thinking about questions.

You have to wonder how Mallozi actualy gets any writing gigs, his efforts of SGU have been dire.
          Err no. The Modern military is big on rules of engagement and not shooting everyone willy-nilly. You are trained to check your targets and think at what you're going to be shooting at, otherwise it's a PR cock-up all over the news at home and angry locals in theatre.

Comment

Oh my god this. I can't believe that it's this late in the game and the general Mallozzi solution to something is to put it aside or laugh it off. We lose five people in the hunt? Oh Varro's fine with it as long as he gets with TJ in the end.
            How many times did random military men and women die and none of SG1 or the teams of SGA care? unless it is someone who has had a LOT of face time on the show, the characters can just go by unfazed. You didn't see Jack losing sleep every time every person died, only if it was a member of SG1.

I don't think Varro is hiding anything. I think he is just becoming the standard pretty tough alien guy that is in all series of Stargate, big, strong, good at tracking, slightly more warrior like than the military making him valuable and impossible to kill.

Comment

Scott: I just saw one of them eat its own vomit. How smart can they be?
              sigpic

Comment

How many times did random military men and women die and none of SG1 or the teams of SGA care? unless it is someone who has had a LOT of face time on the show, the characters can just go by unfazed. You didn't see Jack losing sleep every time every person died, only if it was a member of SG1.
                The difference here? SGU's got a smaller pool to choose from, and every death thus far had been felt, and here it just wasn't. I go into it a bit more in the actual discussion thread, so we should move it to there. Go hunt down my post there.

Err no. The Modern military is big on rules of engagement and not shooting everyone willy-nilly. You are trained to check your targets and think at what you're going to be shooting at, otherwise it's a PR cock-up all over the news at home and angry locals in theatre.
                Yeah I agree with that. Actually, the Greer superman complex getting explored here is one of the positives of the episode, especially given the three that came before.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Yeah I agree with that. Actually, the Greer superman complex getting explored here is one of the positives of the episode, especially given the three that came before.
                  Greer, being a senior NCO, isn't just a grunt, he's part of the backbone of the Marine's, he's got a brain, and part of his job is to seem unflappable and seem fearless, to inspire the men and women around him. So it was nice to get a look into his mindset, how he ticks, what he fears. Though if I was going to be especially critical, his story does have some similarities with Teal'c, who after losing his symbiote started second guessing himself, before getting his mojo back by kicking ass.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                    Greer, being a senior NCO, isn't just a grunt, he's part of the backbone of the Marine's, he's got a brain, and part of his job is to seem unflappable and seem fearless, to inspire the men and women around him. So it was nice to get a look into his mindset, how he ticks, what he fears. Though if I was going to be especially critical, his story does have some similarities with Teal'c, who after losing his symbiote started second guessing himself, before getting his mojo back by kicking ass.
                    A Stargate series echoing a previous episode or arc? Say it ain't so!

Comment

his story does have some similarities with Teal'c,
                      Teal'c lost what they were told was their source of their strength and power. turned out it wasnt, just a goauld lie.

Greer was drugged and basically it made his own inner shells crack. the shells with "Superman" written all over it. red and blue colored.

definitely a difference.

yea i went "WTF?" on the predator

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. Especially the part where Volker opened his mouth. Everything he said was spot on, and his acting was the best! In my humble opinion...

Chloe: I saw the way you two were together....
                        Volker: We were...no, no, no.... Lisa...Lisa and I... we're just....
                        It's strictly proton....professional, platonic.....Professionally platonic!

2. Eli: And I'm the one who solved the mystery of the 9th Chevron!
                        Brody: Yeah.....Thanks for that.

3. Park: Were you watching me sleep?
                        Volker: No, no, I, No..I was just checking to see if you were, if you were...awake!...which you seemed not to be, but then now, but then you are...now.

(P.S. Sorry I somehow missed this thread! I will be more careful in posting new threads from now on!)
                        sigpic
                        Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                        O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                        Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                        O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

I really liked some of the character stuff in this ep - Varro, TJ, Greer, Volker, Park, Chloe, LA tracker woman were varying degrees of awesome but I felt that others had been written by someone who hasn't seen most of this season.

Can't recall any favourite quotes for now... must rewatch.
                          sigpic

Comment

Rush's relationship advice to Volker.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
                              I agree with you. Joe is awful for this show. I did enjoy the Hunt a lot but the ending was silly, and then after we learn a moral about respecting intelligent creatures we kill a space deer and eat it. Sick.

They should have kept Atlantis running simultaneously and let Joe stay on that show.
                              I suppose you don't have a problem eating hamburger?

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                                volker and eli in the stasis pods, for some reason it was funny to see eli try to get him out, i don't really like that it was rush that did it though. i think it would have been better if it was just an accident, and rush found out that they were in there.
                                The whole point though (apart from setting the pods up for later) was so that Rush could teach Eli a lesson.

Comment

Working...
                                X