Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

six redshirts died for a main character and another redshirt.

5 of the 6 were lucians.

bad deal / bad stats for a "rescue" mission.

Comment

Their only medical officer is more important than 6 redshirts

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
        One thing I like is that we get to see them actively exploring the ship. I always felt they just stopped exploring Atlantis after awhile so this was cool for me to see.
        you felt?
        They've been there 10 months and haven't even bothered to look around.

Comment

Originally posted by gaguhan.galore View Post
          six redshirts died for a main character and another redshirt.

5 of the 6 were lucians.

bad deal / bad stats for a "rescue" mission.
          Had Greer been man enough to take the shot no one would have been hurt at all and they'd be BBQ'ing a 3000 pound cat vs. a 100 pound deer.

Comment

I was delightfully surprised about ending. Now I will start to sound those whiners about canceling SGU too soon. Of course it is not first good tv series canceled too early (and yes, not everyone will agree that they are good), but still...

Surprisingly good episode for traditional "wood" setting. Excellent acting, nice fx shots, interesting binding idea.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
              you felt?
              Well no, for a long time most of the ship wasn't even accessible. It might be even worse now after the battle.

Comment

I really liked this episode. The search and rescue storyline on the planet was very well done; there were some great character moments for TJ, Varro and especially Greer (which is good since Greer didn't have much to do in the first half, and now he's had like three episodes about him). The Canadian forests didn't look that alien, but the creatures made up for it; great VFX from Mark Savela and his team once again!

I really liked the theme of what counts as sentient life and whether it's right to kill animals etc. A nice change from the darker, more emotional subtext of late (not that I don't like those kinds of themes).

I actually really liked the stasis pod storyline; it showed that Eli is trying to break away from Rush's grasp, and yet all the while Rush knew that they were going to examine the pods on their own. He was counting on one of them getting shut inside so he could gather data on how they worked. I thought that was a brilliant twist and changed the whole dynamic of those scenes from being simple comedy with Eli and Brody to actually furthering Rush's character more.

The storyline with Volker and Park's friendship/romance thing wasn't that necessary, but I did like it; I think that Volker's sudden desire for romantic involvement is another aftermath from the kidney transplant, like Greer's realization of mortality. I LOVED Rush's comments to Volker about him being more "best friend" material and that everyone has their own predestined roles to play. I think there were also some subtle hints at Rush's own past issues with his wife; when she was alive, his pursuit of science was restricted. Aside from these Rush scenes however, I would have rather had this storyline moved to another episode and had the TJ flashbacks there instead.

I was expected this episode to be a return to the SG-1 and Atlantis style of story-telling, and while it was to an extent, it was only enough to break up the heavily arc-focused approach of this season; it's nice to have some change once in a while (something the SGU-haters can't seem to understand). I liked the introduction of the stasis pods, and since they spent a lot of money to build that amazing set, I have to assume that they will play a part later on (presumably in the season finale).

Brilliant episode; 9/10.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                  you felt?
                  They clearly have been exploring it, just carefully. Also, their exploration is obviously limited due to half the ship being decompressed and more than the other half being inaccessible due to that.
                  For example: they found things like the chair, the bridge, the repair bot, and medical devices. I would agree that it would have been nice to actually see some of them exploring it and not just being left to infer it, but such things often get in the way of the real story and aren't that important anyways.

Comment

Overall a other good episode.

I enjoyed watching Rush game. An it goes again how much more control and knowledge that Rush has over Destiny systems than Eli or anyone else on the vessel.

The animals and the CGI were good as usual, through the BBQ at the end was a but rare for my like.
                    An I like so of the jokes in this episode.
                    TJ and Varo relationship is blossoming, and Young is obviously stalking her or at least Varo around the ship. Jealously is a dangerous thing when trap on a vessel like the destiny.

Enjoyed TJ is the cave seen. through I wish we got more of it.

I like the way they ambivalent about whether the creature was intelligent or not.

As for the exploration of the Destiny I still feel they done more exploration that they ever did on Atlantis.
                    Through I wish we hear more about what the other crew are doing.

poor volker feel sorry for the bloke. Us geeks never get a break do we.

Comment

Rush was Dr. Love in this episode. He said those things to Volker to get him to man up & just say it to her. But alas he waited to long. This is another McKay, Ronon, & Keller situation

Comment

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
                        Why wouldn't Eli's first thought be that Rush might be screwing around with him from the control room? He knows he didn't push a button, and yet bam the door closes.
                        Actually, both Eli and Brody were pushing buttons. You can hear the multiple sound effects.

Then a little later Rush conveniently calls asking what they're up to....uh....hello, giant lightbulb should ahve went off over Eli's head.
                        He asks Eli why he isn't in the control interface room, because Eli & Brody are supposed to be running diagnostics.

Further, as someone mentioned, Rush is supposedly saying people should be cautious, but then uses a guy as a lab rat without so much as a second thought? Yeah, ok.
                        I got the impression that Rush started the stasis process, certainly he was the one who deactivated it. I'm not entirely sure that's the case that it was intentional, if he initiated it. For starters, how would he know Eli and Brody went back there, and that Brody was in that pod?

Oh, and what makes Rush such a playboy-know-it-all compared to Volker? Would have made more sense if that speech came from someone else, who is far better looking and far more likely to be a ladies man.
                        Seems like you missed the duality of that speech. Rush was also talking about himself. Whether what he was saying actually applied to Volker or not wasn't the point so much as Rush is bitter over what happened last episode.

Comment

why do they still don't have control over the countdown clock? on the planet they said 'x amount of time before destiny jumps, we can see the clock counting down some times.
                          they can steer the ship and go in and out of ftl when they want but they can't stop the timer? why?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdrts View Post
                            why do they still don't have control over the countdown clock? on the planet they said 'x amount of time before destiny jumps, we can see the clock counting down some times.
                            they can steer the ship and go in and out of ftl when they want but they can't stop the timer? why?
                            So they don't stop for an indefinite amount of time

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                              Rush was Dr. Love in this episode. He said those things to Volker to get him to man up & just say it to her. But alas he waited to long. This is another McKay, Ronon, & Keller situation

Which means its a bit played out. And I'm sure if TPTB haven't already allowed Volker to win out by the end of season two, they surely would have allowed it in later seasons if the show had not been cancelled. That's to make up for Eli not getting Chloe.

Also considering Greer and Park have been hooking up long before Volker realized he even had feelings for her, is it actually like the McKay-Ronon-Keller triangle?

Comment

This episode is like a copy of the Ferocious Planet movie where the SGA's Col. Sheppard in it. While Rush's prank with the stasis chamber just a lame filler.

Comment

Working...
                                X