Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost interest in SGU after Malice, but I tuned in for The Hunt when I read that it was going to focus on Greer and TJ, two of my favorite SGU characters. Overall I felt the ep was alright, though parts of it like Rush's actions and yet another love triangle reminded why I had lost interest in the first place.

I enjoyed Greer's story arc for the most part, though I felt like the writing was perhaps a bit to obvious regarding his issues, the dialog felt too on the nose to me. Even though I haven't seen the last 7 episodes, it was fairly obvious to me that Greer was having a crisis of confidence after his surgery. I could see Young and James talking to him about it, but it seemed quite odd to see Varro doing the same, unless those two had gotten closer in the episodes I missed.

I enjoyed TJ's storyline the best, rallying her fellow solider, fixing the radio, and then handling Greer and the creature at the end. Though I do wish we could have had a small bit of her splinting the soldier's fractured leg.

One thing I may have missed, does Destiny have a stash of immunosuppresants drugs or the like on hand? Because otherwise Volker is going to likely have some major organ rejection issues down the line with that kidney transplant.

Originally posted by Airlock View Post
    I posted this in the vote thread but want to ask the same question here:

Was it me? Or was there a pretty noticeable continuity error? It went from light to night-time darkness and then back to light. They didn't exactly set up camp and there was no break in the action that would have passed that much time. In the beginning of the episode TJ said "6 hours before we jump." Unless that planet is on some crazy accelerated day/night schedule I just don't see how the remainder of the day, the whole night, and the following morning/afternoon passed by in "6 hours". Did I miss something?
    I noticed that too, it seemed like closer to 12 hours had passed during the hunt, which doesn't quite match up to TJ's 6 hour time limit. Unless we're to assume that that can be extended now from the bridge.

sigpic

Comment

One question that I've been dying to know the answer of, how did T.J. recharge the battery? Did she just put it by the fire and it was recharged? Can someone tell me if that's what really happened? And if that's what really happened, then does it really work? If I tried it, will it work?

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      I noticed that too, it seemed like closer to 12 hours had passed during the hunt, which doesn't quite match up to TJ's 6 hour time limit. Unless we're to assume that that can be extended now from the bridge.
      I thought about it and it could have another explanation other than it being an error. That is a planet that we know nothing about. Maybe it has more than one sun. One of them sets and few minutes or hours later, the other one rises. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasilcin View Post
        Okay, so I've just gone trough the whole thread and what is up with people ;p ?
        talk about things a little more relevant to the episode, not how long time the deer meat is going to last.

And this episode was really great, however i didn't quite get the creature thing ? i mean if it could recognize intelligence and had the morals to let them go because of it. It shows sign of extreme intelligence, then surely it should have recognized that humans where intelligent from the beginning of the episode
        The fire was its reference to class a creature as intelligence, it recognise that creatures which can creates fire are intelligence. As far as we know it never encounter machine guns, clothes or any other form of technology so it did not recognise those things as intelligence or even as tools or artificially created, they just sure us as a other thing to hunt and dumb, perhaps it thought we were dumb because we were so easy to hunt and to trick.

But the creature itself did not seem like a creature which could create fire on it own, so why it recognise fire as a form of intelligence is beyond me at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
          One question that I've been dying to know the answer of, how did T.J. recharge the battery? Did she just put it by the fire and it was recharged? Can someone tell me if that's what really happened? And if that's what really happened, then does it really work? If I tried it, will it work?
          I radio was broken. As TJ is a medic and not a engineer I guesting is was a simple thing like the battery connectors being bent and not connecting to the batteries properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Airlock View Post
            I posted this in the vote thread but want to ask the same question here:

Was it me? Or was there a pretty noticeable continuity error? It went from light to night-time darkness and then back to light. They didn't exactly set up camp and there was no break in the action that would have passed that much time. In the beginning of the episode TJ said "6 hours before we jump." Unless that planet is on some crazy accelerated day/night schedule I just don't see how the remainder of the day, the whole night, and the following morning/afternoon passed by in "6 hours". Did I miss something?

Also, just a nitpick -- when Brody got trapped in the stasis pod and was freaking out -- it was completely overacted.

Eli, on the other hand was great this episode. He was an annoying little wus the past few episodes, but I liked him a lot in this one.
            See voting thread for my response.

I don't get this thing people have against Chole, she was giving Volker advice about his love life big deal. How is she supposed to know Eli likes her when he never had the guts to tell her how he feels. And I am sure Volker knew about Park and Greer, who doesn't? Park clearly is not the type to commit to relationships so maybe Volker still has a chance.

I also didn't get that just because the predator looked at the fire that means it is intelligent.

I feel Rush went too far in trapping Brody in the pod as he didn't know how safe it was. They can't ever have been used before as Rush said himself the Ancients never went to Destiny.

Young also didn't come off great in this ep as he must have waited for TJ to go to Varros quarters before he went there himself.

Greer is Back. 'nough said .

Comment

When Rush said "That's not good" after doing the diagnostic, I suddenly jumped to the conclusion that maybe the statis pods were doing harm to Brody.

Am I alone in thinking that Brody may suffer from side effects being put into stasis?

Still I loved how Rush taught Eli a lesson in humility while also keeping his authoritve status over both Eli and Brody. All without revealing his involvement.

Eli was beginning getting a little too big for his britches.
              Eli: I figured out how to get the ninth chevron to work!
              Brody: Yeah. Thanks for that.

Comment

I didn't even know about Park and Greer - how did I miss that? I was really confused when I saw them together in the end - although I suppose that scene by itself doesn't necessarily indicate that they were in a relationship. I know I didn't like how let down Volker was. It was a depressing note to end the show on.

At any rate, I don't think Chloe was being mean by encouraging Volker. I'd like to think she just didn't know.

And I thought Eli was being somewhat immature with his rants about Rush. While the stasis scene was kind of funny, I was confused with Rush's cavalier attitude.

I enjoyed the show, it is probably close to one of my favorites so far as Universe is concerned, but there were more things than usual that left me wondering what the heck.

Comment

Originally posted by themyst View Post
                  I didn't even know about Park and Greer - how did I miss that? I was really confused when I saw them together in the end - although I suppose that scene by itself doesn't necessarily indicate that they were in a relationship.
                  They are in a relationship, this has been going on since season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                    They are in a relationship, this has been going on since season 1.
                    I went back and read this Greer/Park discussion thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...oilers-for-SGU and I'm still not convinced they were in any kind of real relationship. It must have just been so casual that I missed it all. Unless I got up to grab a beer during the definitive scene that Mozzza mentioned ...

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
                      What examples can you give us of Park coming on to Volker in the past few episodes? Some of you guys....
                      During the kidney transfer, well right after, SHE was the one most interested in helping him out/around. Always touching his hand..

that would have been AWESOME
                      \

Yes it would have.. especially if say, they found franklin!

When Rush said "That's not good" after doing the diagnostic, I suddenly jumped to the conclusion that maybe the statis pods were doing harm to Brody.
                      I think that was in response to him seeing Eli/Brody playing with the controls WHILE someone was in one..

Comment

Originally posted by senilegreen View Post
                        Rush getting one up on Eli I enjoyed, but the rest of this episode left me feeling ... meh.

When I saw the forest at the beginning I thought of O'Neill's line about "what a verdant galaxy in which we live", which now can be rephrased as "what a verdant universe in which we live."

The whole food thing is still a hang up for me. These people should be skin and bones by now. Obviously the writers just don't care for dealing with real issues in their stories. Another is the assumption that the human body can digest living material which evolved on another planet, life which probably uses a slightly different set of amino acids than the fauna on Earth use.

There are enough love triangles on that ship now that even Pythagorus couldn't figure them out.
                        Oh well, only 5 more episodes to go, and many open doors through which the writers have peeked but through which we will never walk.

On top of the actual show, I can't believe what is going on in the Kino Eps.
                        Posting at.............
                        http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          During the kidney transfer, well right after, SHE was the one most interested in helping him out/around. Always touching his hand..

Wrong. She WAS NOT always touching his hand in that episode. And she helped him around only at the very end after Brody awkwardly walked away. But in that very same ep you saw Park helping out Greer and being around him just as much as she was around Volker. And in the following ep it was Park rushing out after Greer once he got out of bed and started walking around the ship. Man, if that scene had involved Volker many of you folks would have chalked it up as further proof but since it involved Greer you go into denial that it actually happend at all. That's called seeing what you want to see.

But that's not really important. And to be honest I would have no problem with a Volker-Park pairing. What disturbs me though are posts I have seen on the internet in which guys have resorted to calling Park a slut who is leading "poor" Volker on. This is sort of sick. Put some nerdy white male character on the screen and if the woman he is interested in does not return those affections completely (especially if they seem interested in some studly and/or macho warrior) and a large group of male viewers whom consider themselves nerds or average guys go ballistic. This is what happend when a bunch of dudes started referring to Chloe in the most vile ways because they were livid that she was, according to their thinking, leading poor Eli on. They wanted the character gone and they even seemed to direct a lot of their anger towards the actress who plays her.

Comment

The whole food thing is still a hang up for me. These people should be skin and bones by now. Obviously the writers just don't care for dealing with real issues in their stories. Another is the assumption that the human body can digest living material which evolved on another planet, life which probably uses a slightly different set of amino acids than the fauna on Earth use.
                            Oh, laughable. I guess those writers didn't care for real issues in the Stargate franchise in genreal when they had human characters travelling safely in large metal vehicles that fly at warp speeds throughout the galaxy (not realistic at all and ikely very deadly to boot) . Or how about space battles with loud explosions and ships catching on fire. I, mean, if we're going to pick at unrealistic circumstances in sci fi TV and Stargate in particular we would be at it all week. SGU has tried to bring a more realistic approach to the Staragate franchise, but that does not mean it cannot fall back on some of the same escapisms from logic that almost all TV series are guilty of. What was TPTB of SGU supposed to do. Order all of its actors to lose considerable weight?

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              I radio was broken. As TJ is a medic and not a engineer I guesting is was a simple thing like the battery connectors being bent and not connecting to the batteries properly.
                              Goddammit Colonel! I'm a Medic, not an engineer!
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                I think that was in response to him seeing Eli/Brody playing with the controls WHILE someone was in one..
                                I think he knew it was Brody inside and Eli was the one trying to get him out. Rush said the daignostic was very informative, meaning the compuer gave him full information about the one inside like DNA, blood type,...etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X