This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    The love triangles thing could get annoying, but there was enough buildup that I really didn't mind it at all. Young and Varro both have legitimate reasons to care about TJ, and Volker had no idea how much he cared about Park until he realized he was too late.

All in all, great episode. I'd say 8/10.
    Though my thoughts on that is, since parks does seem to be with Greer, why would she have 'come onto' vokar the way she did, when she must realize volkar would not be able to take her?

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    Seeing Rush screw with Eli and Brody was hysterical beyond words.
    I have not liked rush this much since i saw him in Malice.

Originally posted by sgc View Post
    The stasis pods were interesting, though. The second they got to the door, I thought "Here we go again", and then quickly concluded that they would end up being stasis pods. I also am curious as to why Rush did what he did, although I'd easily say that this was explained at the end of the episode as him teaching them a lesson, but maybe there's something selfish about it? We'll see...
    WEll, lets see. He used the chair after franklin brained fraked himself, he used the interface to load up to his beau, but see how that turned out. So yes i think it has mellowed him out. BUT here was these 2 upstarts (questioning him) who were all so eager to do it themselves... So why not let them, while you monitored from the bridge (to gain all the data)< AND to play a prank to teach them a lesson. He wins either way.

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
    The animal would butcher out to around 60 pounds of meat (I've butchered a few deer and pigs). Those 90 people would polish that off in one sitting. I can eat a 24 ounce usda prime ribeye, that deer would be a super duper prime to somone going without meat for 10 months.
    Maybe they killed 1 or 2 other before they left...

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    I thought the creature was gonna look ridiculous like the one from Uninvited (SG-1) but once they got up close with it, it looked great.
    Other than the 'its intelligent, don't kill it angle, i liked it.

Volker is just lucky that Parks isn't a manipulator like Cloe. I think we all can empathise with what Volker is going thru (more so than the 90210 thing Eli was going thru).
    How do we know she isn't? I mean, why seem to show affection/come onto a guy (volkar) in the past few eps, while you already have a steady relationship?

Rush probably saved one of those guys from a future mistake. Let's hope they return the favor at some point.
    I wonder if they would see it that way? Heck i wonder if they find out?!?!?

too bad this quality of drama was not present in season 1
    True.. Then the show might not have been cancelled!

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
    i too loved seeing them exploring the ship, i still want to know what was in that crate that eli opened!

i almost died laughing at that ridiculously subtle smirk that Rush had after Eli told him that he was grabbing something to eat!
    On the eli crate scene.. it would have been great if they explored those crates a lot more..
    On the smirk.. Classic rush! He knew what they were up too.. AND he had some food of his own, so he knew Eli was lying.

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
    Why wouldn't Eli's first thought be that Rush might be screwing around with him from the control room? He knows he didn't push a button, and yet bam the door closes.
    Brody and eli were both pressing buttons, so maybe he felt it WAS one of them.

Then a little later Rush conveniently calls asking what they're up to....uh....hello, giant lightbulb should ahve went off over Eli's head.
    It was a little later from how i saw it.. BUT i do agree, Eli should have twigged. maybe his concentration was elsewhere though, so i can forgive it.

Also really disliked that they just passed over the room with the crates. Destiny exploration has been severely lacking, imo, the entire length of the show, and so to finally see some was nice, only to have a room full of who knows what fall by the wayside yet again. Sorry, but I don't buy that at all.
    They have passed over many crates since Air.. And that is imo a disservice.. BUT then again so too was exploration of Atlantis after season 1 for the most part.

Had Greer been man enough to take the shot no one would have been hurt at all and they'd be BBQ'ing a 3000 pound cat vs. a 100 pound deer.
    True, had he shot instantly, it would have made for a little less drama, bt who knows how many of those creatures were out there in that first instance..

Originally posted by dvdrts View Post
    why do they still don't have control over the countdown clock? on the planet they said 'x amount of time before destiny jumps, we can see the clock counting down some times.
    they can steer the ship and go in and out of ftl when they want but they can't stop the timer? why?
    Maybe they don't want to 'get behind schedule' with the other seeder ships ahead of them.

Originally posted by Flibby View Post
    because last time they decided to take control of Destiny's course, Destiny got fatally crippled. More so even than during the millions of years before they showed up.
    The time before that they lost a shuttle and a life. They also need to continue with the mission.
    Good points both. Perhaps they DO feel it is safer to keep it on course.

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
    The whole thing with the stasis pods kinda left scratching my head, as it didn't seem like too important a discovery. We already knew Atlantis had stasis pods, and the Antarctic outpost had at least one, and they were never given a total "OMG!" feeling before. I can only presume that the pods were introduced to be used in a later episode; my guess is, the season finale will have most of the crew, if not all, freezing themselves for some reason, and that's how it will end things.
    Think about it. They have been on a ship which is so much older than most anything else the ancients ever built. Atlantis being the hub of their society makes sense to have S pods on. Same with the outposts. Who knew they were going to find them.

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
    It's ironic, though, that he picks a time to be rebellious when Rush really is right about things, heh.
    Maybe that was Part of the lesson Eli needs to learn.

Originally posted by eonflux View Post
    The whole episode was ridiculous.[LIST][*]How many people died trying to save 2 people?
    As a member of the mil, i can safely say that is NOT outlandish. Heck, look at the Saving private Ryan story (REAL)..? How many died to save 1 man!?
    Its Part of military history/lore/way of doing things, that sometimes you DO make those choices of risking more for less. As you would ultimately Lose MORE to NOT make that risk.

[*]You telling me that a system being overridden somewhere doesn't have an indicator it is being overridden?
    Yup. There are many systems here IRL on earth, that do not have "WARNING, SOMEONE ELSE IS MESSING WITH THIS" blinkers.. And rush WAS on the bridge. The heart of all the systems. Maybe if Eli thought to go UP to the control interface room, he might have seen something... Who knows.

[*]Why are they still exploring the ship. Doesn't it have a diagram in it's database what where is.
    Maybe it does. BUT diagrams sometimes just SHOW the room. Not say whats in it.

Yet they both clearly knew that they didn't push a close button.
    If they "Clearly" knew what they pushed/didn't push, they would also know how to have reversed it.. Since they didn't it imo shows they did NOT know what they were doing.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      How do we know she isn't? I mean, why seem to show affection/come onto a guy (volkar) in the past few eps, while you already have a steady relationship?
      What examples can you give us of Park coming on to Volker in the past few episodes? Some of you guys....

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
        What examples can you give us of Park coming on to Volker in the past few episodes? Some of you guys....
        I don't think anyone here believes that Parks was "pulling a cloe". Parks is Parks, Volker knew what he was getting into. In Cloe's mind she likely saw an opportunity (as a serial infactuator).

Comment

finally watched this ep this morning.

i'm with jel

meh
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

you felt?
            They've been there 10 months and haven't even bothered to look around.
            That's just not true. They've been exploring the ship since episode 1. Whole sections of the ship were sealed off from extensive damage and they have been fixing and opening new sections since the beginning.
            I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

B episode. The running around in the forest was a little boring but liked the parts between James and Greer. Am I the only one who thought Rush was being sinister? He was TESTING the stasis chamber on Brody in a very underhanded way and if something bad happened Eli would get blamed. Very true to character, like with the chair Rush wants to test it on somebody but knew he would never get permission.

What's all this nonsense about Chloe being manipulative? She pretty much always been honest and straight forward and done what she thought was best for the crew. Bah, probably just some minor trolling.
              I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

I liked this ep better than the last two weeks. I enjoyed all the Varro time we got. Nowhere near as many plotholes and was much more believable than the kidney transplant or hostile takeovers of allys. I also did not care for the Chloe "matchmaking" scene. I did very much enjoy the evil little smirks from Rush while he was toying with Eli and Brody.
                Posting at.............
                http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Well, after such a great round of high episodes they were bound to hit a low note sooner or later. Not every show is perfect (except Firefly). Even then, some things to really like about this episode. I'm REALLY liking Greer this season. I love his no-nonsense attitude and you know where he stands on things and the actor who plays him is great. I also thought the alien creatures were awesome-looking and give props to the CGI team for making some great looking creatures that we don't get to see a lot on Stargate.

The whole stasis thing was kind of amusing but it would have been more interesting if they had found somebody in one of the stasis pods.
                  That is just my two cents.

Comment

Rush getting one up on Eli I enjoyed, but the rest of this episode left me feeling ... meh.

When I saw the forest at the beginning I thought of O'Neill's line about "what a verdant galaxy in which we live", which now can be rephrased as "what a verdant universe in which we live."

The whole food thing is still a hang up for me. These people should be skin and bones by now. Obviously the writers just don't care for dealing with real issues in their stories. Another is the assumption that the human body can digest living material which evolved on another planet, life which probably uses a slightly different set of amino acids than the fauna on Earth use.

There are enough love triangles on that ship now that even Pythagorus couldn't figure them out.

Oh well, only 5 more episodes to go, and many open doors through which the writers have peeked but through which we will never walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Flibby View Post
                      I can't really respond to this considering that you mislabeled most of the quotes and it appears you only have interest in seeing the bad side of things.
                      Wow, really? You're going to say that my mistakenly cut/pasting quote=Flibby into my quotes deters you from responding? Cause, I dunno, you don't know what you said, and so don't know when/if i was responding to you? Lame. But just for you I went back and fixed the post for ya.

Also, I clearly have stated that I liked this episode more than last week's. It's just that some things in it bugged me.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post

The whole stasis thing was kind of amusing but it would have been more interesting if they had found somebody in one of the stasis pods.
                        that would have been AWESOME

Comment

if they weren't scheduled to FTL jump so soon and Rush got the secret out sooner, they could have killed a ton of those bambi creatures and used the stasis pods to preserve them for future BBQs

Comment

When Greer gave Varro the C4 to use as a diversion, for some reason I recall what Daniel Jackson once said in an SGA episode about explosions and assumptions about people running towards it

Comment

I just want to say thanks to everyone who complained last year that the show wasn't "Stargate enough" without more "adventure" and more episodes on different planets. Nice work.

Comment

that would have been AWESOME
                                No, that would be well written.

Comment

Working...
                                X