No announcement yet.

What I don't Understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also Young "didnt" jump too early, he jumped on time...THus Eli's calculations must of been a little off.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
      How a year later they still only have TWO working space suits. And how a ship the size of a large city has virtually nothing in it to help the occupants live productive lives. Showers and beds? No library, gift shop, arcarde, day care, sporting arena? Or how a ship that's supposed to undertake a million plus year journey doesn't automatically repair itself. i.e. Just the one robot?

Or better yet, what happens when they run out of Kinos?
      On the space suits. IIRC of when they discovered them, the others had large holes in. From what we have seen they do NOT have much in the way of parts to repair them. Beds.. they have plenty. Showers, they have that one 'steam room' facility.
      On the Library, since it was an unmanned op, they probabily thought they would take that suff when needed. Arcade/shop/daycare etc> What do you think this ship is.. a pleasure cruise?
      As to the repair robot.. perhaps it is the only one working.

Comment

What do you think this ship is.. a pleasure cruise?
        No, it's a three hour tour. A THREE HOUR TOUR, DAMMIT!!!
        Boobies!

Comment

Originally posted by skarwolf View Post
          What I don't understand is... hey lets send the commander and the one person with the most knowledge about ancient systems to a derelict ship floating in space.
          Eli suggested trying the Star Trek method except Young refused to let TJ join and take a random crewmen with him, thus it ended in disaster.
          sigpic
          Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
            Eli suggested trying the Star Trek method except Young refused to let TJ join and take a random crewmen with him, thus it ended in disaster.
            Yeah, they didn't call him "Landing Party" Kirk for nothing, right?

ALL MUST WORSHIP THE ONE TRUE SHATNER!!! BEHOLD HIS HOLY TOUPEE AND MARVEL AT THE MIGHTY GIRTH OF HIS BLOATED LOINS!!!

Sorry, caught up in a bit of religious fervor there. I'm feeling better now.
            Boobies!

Comment

What I can't figure out is how simeon was unguarded. How a year later they still only have TWO working space suits. And how a ship the size of a large city has virtually nothing in it to help the occupants live productive lives. Showers and beds? No library, gift shop, arcarde, day care, sporting arena? Or how a ship that's supposed to undertake a million plus year journey doesn't automatically repair itself. i.e. Just the one robot?
              It hasn't been a year yet.

From 1x01 to 2x10, it will have only been ten months. JM has stated this.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                Space is very big, and they might not have been able to shut off the counter. Plus, with the ship moving like that, it'd be hard to get the Kino to them without the ship batting it aside during its spin.
                If Eli could calculate the time of the jump I'm sure he'd be able to calculate the time the keno left as well - lol

Comment

There's a difference between having an object jump from the ship and sending one to it. Eli just has to tell them when to jump and they do the work. It's easy. Flying a Kino into a tiny hole that's moving is a much more difficult prospect.

Comment

Plus who knows how long doing that would have taken.

Comment

And how a ship the size of a large city has virtually nothing in it to help the occupants live productive lives. Showers and beds? No library, gift shop, arcarde, day care, sporting arena?
                      best quote of the thread, you had me in stitches for 5 minutes.

Comment

The thing I don't understand is how everyone's clothes haven't been ruined in 10 months of constant wear and tear, not to mention how much they would all stink yet no-one notices it.

Comment

Originally posted by hart37 View Post
                          The thing I don't understand is how everyone's clothes haven't been ruined in 10 months of constant wear and tear, not to mention how much they would all stink yet no-one notices it.
                          They have showers, maybe they wash the clothes in them, too.

Comment

Okay that seems like a reasonable assumption

Comment

We know that Young's socks seem to be taking the brunt of the clothing wear and tear alone

Now if only the person wearing them was as tough as his socks ..

N.C

Comment

Show us a wire where they hung them clothes to dry, please Joe.
                                sigpic
                                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
                                X