Favourite Moments/Quotes/Choke Hold's from 'The Greater Good'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything in this thread.

A solid standout line that hasn't been mentioned is Eli's line about forgetting you're in another person's body. It had a whole lot of unsaid meaning wrapped up in it. Eli handled that situation well.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Eli's Freak out, The fight scene, The visual effects, and the explanation of Destinies mission

"ALL THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE AND WILL HAPPEN AGIAN"

Comment

I'd say one of the most significant moments in the episode was towards the end when Rush and Young attempt to space jump. Rush grabbing hold of Young was awesome, followed by Young's acknowledgment.

Comment

Wray talking to Ginn in the beginning.
          Discovering whose ship it is.
          Young and Rush fighting. Man, that was fierce!
          Everyone gathering to the bridge. And Perry trying to stire the ship in the middle of all of it. And seeing Destiny move more than just out of FTL, back into FTL.
          Rush and Young jumping out of the alien ship. Awesome.
          The end with Simeon.

Loved "The Greater Good"!
          sigpic

Comment

Rush's headbutt: Young took his own medicine mwa ha ha ha ha
            One Ring to rule the Dark Side
            sigpic
            Sith Nazghul

Comment

Also liked Volker's enthusiastic 'yay'.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeb View Post
                'The Greater Good', a title wonderfully summing up Rush's motives and goals since the beginning of the show.

Favourite Moments:

-Rush/Young scenes. I'm a sucker for a fight scene between these two and boy did this episode deliver. But thankfully they didn't stick with it for to long and instead allowed for the two to discuss what had been taking place all this time.
                I actually liked this fight a lot more than the earlier one as rush seemed to give a lot better than he got... till the choke hold that is.

- The scene towards the very end, with the main players of the crew playing onboard the bridge while Young oversaw their work, especially Eli crossing his fingers before taking them out of hyperspace.
                The only think i was surprised at there was Rush was NOT there.

Brody : ''Destiny just dropped out of FTL, twelve hours on the clock and we can't get a hold of Rush...as per usual''.
                Yup. And that both he and Young seemed to not be surprised he 'skated' out of answering where he was, was pure bliss!

Perry's "shut up" to the backseat drivers
                YUP> She got mucho cudos there.

- Eli's great line, snapping at Rush over the com: "YOU'VE HAD CONTROL OF THIS SHIP THE WHOLE TIME?" I wonder if he put two and two together with Riley as fast as Young did.
                I am surprised he was not MORE peeved than that.. Especially since he WAS on the shuttle that crashed along with Riley.

A solid standout line that hasn't been mentioned is Eli's line about forgetting you're in another person's body. It had a whole lot of unsaid meaning wrapped up in it. Eli handled that situation well.
                Was that a little hint of jelousy from Eli.. Or just a warning?

I'd say one of the most significant moments in the episode was towards the end when Rush and Young attempt to space jump. Rush grabbing hold of Young was awesome, followed by Young's acknowledgment.
                It was strange imo for Young to see it was rush saving his butt, espeially right after the butt whupping he gave him a little while ago.... I think that the 'we need to all work together on this' has more meaning now to young.

Comment

Pretty much nodding to everything that's been said before.
                  the Rush/Young beat down and the conversation after. why do they need wrestling on SyFy, when we've got this?

Greer to Simeon in the hallway " Get on your way- THAT way."
                  Oh and the space jump- awesome!!
                  Last edited by Perelandra; 10 November 2010, 07:10 AM. Reason: I can't spell

Comment

Crazy-ass ship-to-ship space jump. It was insane.

Also, Perry handled her backseat drivers excellently. Love that woman, I have a feeling I'm going to be crying a bit next week, dammit.
                    sigpic
                    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

My best moment would also be the Centrifugal jump off the seeder ship aliens.

I also like how Eli confronted Dr Perry about using somebody else body to do the naughty thing. Even if it shouldn't be a big deal since it seems everyone else is doing it and the US army don't see a problem with it... But actually seeing your gf kissing and being intimate with some other man must be something special.
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                        Crazy-ass ship-to-ship space jump. It was insane.

Also, Perry handled her backseat drivers excellently. Love that woman, I have a feeling I'm going to be crying a bit next week, dammit.
                        Definitely agree!

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                        Also liked Volker's enthusiastic 'yay'.
                        You could practically SEE the sarcasm tags!
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

eli sitting in the captian chair
                          the part when the one scientist was like "is she flying the ship", actually that whole scene

rush and young fighting/discussion

their space jumps, very exciting.
                          Last edited by blueray; 11 November 2010, 11:49 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Rush to Young: "How could I have trusted you if you do not even trust yourself."
                            Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

the entire "eli/brody/volker discover the bridge" scene

Scott "maybe i should fly"

Comment

this one: Rush shutting down the Kino feed when Amanda Perry enters the bridge (which of course elevates from top of Destiny) - probably because Young could otherwise have seen the bridge from the alien ship
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                                Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Working...
                                X