No announcement yet.

The True Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind that Rush only said unexpected/hidden order. There isn't necessarily any intelligence/sentience/life involved at all.

Comment

Originally posted by k1037 View Post
      Keep in mind that Rush only said unexpected/hidden order. There isn't necessarily any intelligence/sentience/life involved at all.
      What Rush said was that the pattern could not be natural, i.e. it was man-made.

Comment

"Meaning of life" stuff

Comment

So, if it is a message from the dawn of time, hidden in the background radiation, I can think of only 3 things it might say:

Spoiler:
          "We Apologize for the Inconvenience."

Or
          Spoiler:
          "Bad Wolf."

Or
          Spoiler:
          "Hello, Sweetie" and some coordinates.
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
            "Meaning of life" stuff
            Daniel would be sooo happy! His head would just blow off lol
            LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
              So, if it is a message from the dawn of time, hidden in the background radiation, I can think of only 3 things it might say:

Spoiler:

Or
              Spoiler:
              "Bad Wolf."

Or
              Spoiler:
              I see we got a Doctor Who fan here lol
              LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

It's funny the first series dealt with false gods now we are looking for "god like aliens" who knows maybe the Island knows....

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Well.. I think this unravels a few odd aspects of the show:

1) We know how the show ends. I think rush's comments about being able to change things foreshadows it and gives us a sad grandfather paradox ending. If the mission suceeds or if this entity intercedes the most likely result in my mind is they are offered either the knowledge or a way to have never gone to destiny not both. The writers can't let humanity have literally the power of "god" given to humanity.

2) The ancients may of never went back to destiny because of the rift with the ori? Perhaps those ancients who continued decided this was the wrong path, it was the pursuit of religion and some "god" when they belived that no such thing could exist, merlin said to daniel "I'm sure she (oma) had the best intentions but then so did the ori when they first began." What intentions did the ori have? What was it that took a people as logical and advanced as the ancients (pre asscension) and caused them to split? It wasn't drawing power from mortals as they hadn't created them yet and asscended so maybe this was it? Maybe the "fanatics" belived in worshiping this force and the ancients belived in scientific investigation of it?

3) Why are there seeder ships then? The gates make no sense if this is destiny's mission. If the gates were all "linked" and you could in theory with enough power dial any in the universe I might say its because the gates were more to "explore" then to "travel" but it's already been established they are not inter-galaxy or even intra-galaxy they are small local group gates.

Alot of oddities.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post

Spoiler:

Or
                    Spoiler:
                    "Bad Wolf."

Or
                    Spoiler:
                    Why not...
                    Spoiler:
                    all your base are belong to us

or
                    Spoiler:
                    ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE

or
                    Spoiler:
                    That's a good question. I really don't know that myself. I stopped counting after 200.

or maybe even
                    Spoiler:
                    If you want to save our world, you must hurry. We don't know how much longer we can withstand the nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by timmciglobal View Post
                      1) We know how the show ends. I think rush's comments about being able to change things foreshadows it and gives us a sad grandfather paradox ending. If the mission suceeds or if this entity intercedes the most likely result in my mind is they are offered either the knowledge or a way to have never gone to destiny not both. The writers can't let humanity have literally the power of "god" given to humanity.
                      Maybe only one of the crew will get it. That way only one person has it, keeps it to themselves, and saves the day for everyone else.

2) The ancients may of never went back to destiny because of the rift with the ori? Perhaps those ancients who continued decided this was the wrong path, it was the pursuit of religion and some "god" when they belived that no such thing could exist, merlin said to daniel "I'm sure she (oma) had the best intentions but then so did the ori when they first began." What intentions did the ori have? What was it that took a people as logical and advanced as the ancients (pre asscension) and caused them to split? It wasn't drawing power from mortals as they hadn't created them yet and asscended so maybe this was it? Maybe the "fanatics" belived in worshiping this force and the ancients belived in scientific investigation of it?
                      If the Ori knew about it, then they would be there.

3) Why are there seeder ships then? The gates make no sense if this is destiny's mission. If the gates were all "linked" and you could in theory with enough power dial any in the universe I might say its because the gates were more to "explore" then to "travel" but it's already been established they are not inter-galaxy or even intra-galaxy they are small local group gates.
                      The seeder ships are there so you have a way to get supplies easily.

Comment

Except there's the shuttles and I believe they may find the transport rings in a future episode.

So really, the Destiny doesn't really need the Gate.

Comment

What do the Ori have to do with anything? Isn't Destiny an Alteran endeavour that they started after leaving the Ori?

During the events of Ark of Truth the Stargate was nothing more than a schematic and they left the Ori at that exact time.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                            Except there's the shuttles and I believe they may find the transport rings in a future episode.

So really, the Destiny doesn't really need the Gate.
                            Shuttles are way more inefficient than the gate. Don't last nearly as long, either. They haven't found transport rings yet, and there's no evidence the seed ships drop them. Rings need a receiving platform to work.

Comment

I don't necessarily agree the Ori would be there since the ancients aren't there either. Maybe the Ori belived once they ascended "they" became the god and was truly what they were looking for all along and the Ancients believed once "they" ascended they answered that there was no god but just higher levels of existence and now they understood how the cosmos worked.

Both could of been blinded by the same action, it doesn't play well for me that the ancients would go sending a ship to look for "God" believed in it, had no clue how this background radiation worked then just "forgot" about it and said "meh, let's focus on more important things like building atlantis and cloaks."

There has to be a reason for both not going and looking. I don't buy that the ancients "forgot" and the ori never knew about this.

Tim

Comment

I don't necessarily agree the Ori would be there since the ancients aren't there either. Maybe the Ori belived once they ascended "they" became the god and was truly what they were looking for all along and the Ancients believed once "they" ascended they answered that there was no god but just higher levels of existence and now they understood how the cosmos worked.
                                As pointed out, Stargates didn't even exist before the split. The Ori never knew about it.

Both could of been blinded by the same action, it doesn't play well for me that the ancients would go sending a ship to look for "God" believed in it, had no clue how this background radiation worked then just "forgot" about it and said "meh, let's focus on more important things like building atlantis and cloaks."
                                It's not looking for God, it's looking for the pattern behind the existence of reality itself. Doesn't have to be theological. As for why they never went: plague, Wraith, ascension. Their society fell apart. Destiny is a very long-term mission. They just didn't hold out long enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X