X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Sounds like a job for Greer
    To be honest I think Greer will be about as angry as Rush and Eli will be......afterall, he was supposed to be keeping his eye on the guy.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
      why do they point out spoilers for the next episode in here? damn....
      otherwise I LOVED it! Please..... give them at least ONE MORE season. Rush & Young are buds now huh? maybe they can get drunk together after what will happen. Loved it. Everything! We Need A Soundtrack guys.
      Buds, huh? Nope. Not a chance in ... someplace very warm.

Comment

I give the episode 9/10! I think the whole thing was win/win, nothing really to criticize. The mission, Robert Carlyle called it "mind boggling" and so it is. So many possibility´s with these storyline.
        I really liked how Eli get´s pissed, and the inevitable Young/Rush showdown. I love these to get snarky at each other. And the fight was awesome! The FX, just great. Rush saving Young. Wonder how long the peace will last.

Seeing everyone on the bridge was about bloody time! Oh man Rush was so stubborn, that even I would had loved to punch him one or two times in this ep.
        Of course I love him for being "so much work"! Volker and Brody, funny as usual. Liked the Perry - Rush interaction. That LA guy is creepy and Greer´s scene with Simeon: "I think you are going.... that way", lol.

The only little complaint I have, not enough alien ship technology and the episode was definitely to short!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
          Who said it was anything to do with Intelligent design?

All he said was a possible message from around the Big Bang time, now that may mean the Big Bang was given a nudge, or a photon torpedo, but that in no-way means that everything we do is scripted.

N.C
          The very definition of the intelligent design theory is: "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection."

Your statement, "Big Bang was given a nudge, or a photon torpedo, but that in no-way means that everything we do is scripted," IMHO, leans more towards intelligent design than evolution.
          Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
            What do you mean "the same progression"? (in the sense that I'm really curious about what you mean by progression) It's exactly the same idea of that man in Windows or Opportunity or Annorax in the excellent Voyager 2-parter "Year of Hell". In YOH, you could see where this obsession could lead.
            Didn't much like Voyager so didn't see much of it, or the episode to which you're referring.

As far as progression, we're seeing Rush seemingly do the same things that one can assume were similarly done by that guy in WoO but that because Rush is the focus and the other guy isn't, we're getting far more story out of Rush. But the overall idea seems to be the same.

I think it's a good storyline for Rush (doing whatever it takes to save his wife).
            His wife is dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. I can't imagine that an intelligent man like that would think that his current obsession would bring her back. But it does seem like that's the case sometimes.

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
            Why does it have to be god? There's no reason it couldn't be something like what Eureka did with 'The Artifact', it being a remnant from a universe that existed before ours.
            Haven't seen that episode of Eureka so I can't really comment.

The impression I got out of the episode was just as I posted before. Likely, someone else will have made another assumption. Hopefully, one that will end up beign true because I don't like the direction I think the show is going re-Destiny's 'mission'.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            To be honest I think Greer will be about as angry as Rush and Eli will be......afterall, he was supposed to be keeping his eye on the guy.
            Greer doesn't need a reason to be angry. It's a permanent part of his personality.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I suspect that Rush didn't tell Young everything and is still withholding some information.
              I think he has. He tells Amanda that he has no choice but to trust Young. So he is likely going to be very honest with him now. Rush is not a bad guy, you saw his reaction when Riley was brought up. You know what, Young is not a bad guy either. It seems both of them have flaws and that is what makes the drama so great.

Hate to say it, because I know there are Chloe, Scott, Greer, and TJ lovers, but Young, Rush, and Eli are the stongest characters and help drive the show, the others are just supporters.

And next episode..

Spoiler:

We are going to see a really ruthless bad guy in action!
              sigpic

Comment

well, that was amazing. One of the best SG episodes ever made
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                  If he fails, he fails? He has NO idea whether Ginn has told all she knows. In that light:

Do you take this action? Even if you succeed, your life is over, and there's a pretty good chance that it will be pointless even if you do. Obviously, if you fail, your life is over, too. Both cases: your life is over, and there are good odds what you do will be pointless.

Only an idiot would take that action. Perhaps Simeon really is just crazy and thus not thinking straight, which is an explanation I can accept far more over trying to argue that he was making a smart move.

Which proves he's an idiot. I'm leaning more towards the crazy kind of idiot, similar to Young.
                  Many people aren't logical most of the time (most of us are idiots some of the time) - plus he seems alot more 'patriotic' or 'fanatical' than the others, at least about not betraying the LA - he already clashed with Varro and threatened Ginn over the issue.

With the big invasion imminent maybe it makes sense to him to lay down his life for the cause, no matter the risk. Lets say if in WW2 an Allied POW found out a fellow POW was giving the Germans the D Day Plans, wouldn't we expect them to take a shot at silencing that person even if they knew they'd die and didn't know for sure if the Germans already got some info?

Comment

Originally posted by antipodal View Post
                    The very definition of the intelligent design theory is: "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection."

Your statement, "Big Bang was given a nudge, or a photon torpedo, but that in no-way means that everything we do is scripted," IMHO, leans more towards intelligent design than evolution.
                    Wasn't the faith based intelligent design 'theory' dreamt up as opposition to the scientifically evidenced Evolution by natural selection theory? I'll let you guess which side of the debate I favour . So it should really only relate to living things as if it can't reproduce it can't evolve by natural selection. So I'd say it is possible that some giant space pixie could have sneezed out the big bang but still have no control over the forms life took as it evolved on this or any other planet.

Finding a complex pattern in the radiation from the big bang doesn't necessarily point to existence of god to me, at least not in the personal deity who cares what happens to us sense. An earthworm contains non random 'genetic' codes but it's not that smart - I mean I wouldn't base my life on its teachings. I suppose the writers may go with the creator god or giant space pixie story but they could go lots of other ways too.

Comment

I loved the scene where Scott and Wray find the bridge and start yelling and all the scientists are telling them to shut up! Great moment.

Loving how Eli stepped up and was waiting for this kind of thing from him. I noticed lots of other times when Rush was on the bridge it was Park or Brodie's shifts, almost as if he knew his chances of keeping things a secret were less when Eli was around. I was really hoping it would be Eli, it goes back to Eli's mission from young at the end of Earth and in Life. Loving that continuity.
                      I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Originally posted by kudra View Post
                        Wasn't the faith based intelligent design 'theory' dreamt up as opposition to the scientifically evidenced Evolution by natural selection theory?
                        Actually, it was devised as a way to get around the fact that they got beat in court when they tried to push straight creationism as something that should be taught in schools. Needless to say, it wasn't a very successful move.

Comment

{mod snip}

However, in keeping with the context of discussing this episode, and that's why we're all here, I will argue that Rush is even more maniacal.
                          Let's see. Of all the persons on Destiny and Earth, he chose Dr. Amanda Perry to pilot Destiny.
                          A grown woman who's been a quadriplegic since 9 years old, who had only 3 weeks of full body movement control several month ago. Someone who has never flown anything in her life? Who's ability to move is based on blowing into a wheelchair?
                          She already messed up the initial approach to the alien ship, and the second time was almost as bad.
                          This person is his choice to operate Destiny? To attempt intricate spaceship maneuver? The fact that it didn't turn out to be a complete disaster was purely luck.
                          So, just what transpired inside this character's brain to make these choices? And keeps on making these choices time after time? And, somehow you believe that Rush is going to stop cold turkey?
                          And it is your position to defend him?
                          Last edited by TameFarrar; 13 November 2010, 08:04 AM.

Comment

The episode wasn't quite as good as I was hoping for. I still like last week's better.

Loved:

- Rush/Young throwdown and most of the following conversation between them...even though I've never bought into Rush's thing about not being able to trust Young as his reason for not saying anything. Yeah that plays into it a little, but Rush just wanted the power of control for himself. You tell everyone else then you have to share that control...which is what he'll have to do now.

- Rush saving Young.

- Perry not stepping out of the way to let the boys drive the ship.

- The set up for next week's episode.

Meh:

- Stargate: SGU The Search for "god". Meh. I don't know. I had a feeling they were headed in this direction, but I guess I wanted something different. I mean the episode "Faith" last season was one of my favorites, but I treated it as a one-off ep and had no need for answers. Maybe this will grow on me depending on what the writers do with it and how it helps drive the story and characters for the rest of the season. I guess it doesn't much matter since I think it will take a miracle for the show to be renewed anyway. I just don't see this being such a big game changer as far as peoples' attitude about returning home.

Now the interesting thing for me is is Destiny now headed towards a point that is possibly towards what would be a hypothetical "center" of the universe or towards a hypothetical "edge"...a kind of beyond the rim journey? I always kind of assumed maybe it was hunting for the "edge" or seeking out the older parts of the Universe. I think where it's going may be more interesting than what they will find there.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

If you guys want to learn more about the debate between ID and science I direct you to this forum here:

http://www.evcforum.net/cgi-bin/dBoard.cgi?sst=true

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                I've been a big fan of the Young and Rush drama for this series. This episode for me was like taking a kid to Disney World. lol. Just them there on the floor talking it out had me at the edge of my seat. Because Rush was sounding less of a creep, and Young basically trying his best not to believe him, but he really does.

Also, how about Rush grabbing Young from floating away, the look and the nod of,
                                "I think we need to work together kinda feeling and trust eachother." It is good, because it is character development to make these two start getting along or at least trusting eachother.
                                *nodnod* That was one of my favourite parts too. Beat the crap out of each, calm down, talk. Bloody excellent!

As for the "search for god" stuff people are talking about, the structure could simply be some remnant of a pre-Big Bang universe in which there was intelligent life - maybe some super-duper-but-too-arrogant-for-their-own-good alien race that got wiped out when they booted up their Really Really REALLY Large Hadron Collider.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X