This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frostwolf View Post
    I would have agreed until the last minute. Now I'm too pissed about next week to like this episode very much.
    It makes me want to see the next ep even more, because I cared for those 2 characters and want to see vengeance ( as painfully as possible )!

Comment

I had hoped that Simeon would stick around. In every group you have some toads and they need to be there for unpredictability. I do hope that Ginn is not dead. The blending of the two factions adds to the dynamics. I do not feel the chemistry between TJ/Young and would compare it to an oil change. She and a relationship with Varro will be interesting in the chemistry angle and the story line. I hate to see things tied up in neat little bundles where superheroes ride off into the sunset. Looking forward to next week.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
        Simeon isn't stupid. He's one guy who knows he's alone when it comes to not cooperating. He doesn't know if Ginn spilled the beans yet, but he knows he has to act. If he fails, he fails, but the damage is done if he does nothing. He had a chance to nip it in the bud and he took it. It seems perfectly logical to me.
        If he fails, he fails? He has NO idea whether Ginn has told all she knows. In that light:

Killing her - MAYBE he stops her from telling all she knows... but how does he know she hasn't told someone else already? Like another LA member perhaps? Varro? If he kills her, his place on Destiny is done. No ifs, ands, or butts. That's a religious fanatic, someone willing to die for the cause... not a thug. The LA are thugs, remember; Simeon should be thinking of himself.

Not killing her - he can continue to observe and learn, showcasing his trustworthiness. If he really is fanatical to the LA, this is STILL the best option, because he can effectively function as a mole or a spy, waiting for the right moment. The LA could try to board the ship again, and he could maneuver himself into a position to help them, such as getting control of the bridge at the right moment to prevent them from killing the atmosphere in the gateroom.

As such, failing is pretty damn brutal, and thus not worth the risk for minimal gain. Especially when, even if he does kill her, he doesn't know if he even succeeded. Here's the choice before you:

Do you take this action? Even if you succeed, your life is over, and there's a pretty good chance that it will be pointless even if you do. Obviously, if you fail, your life is over, too. Both cases: your life is over, and there are good odds what you do will be pointless.

Only an idiot would take that action. Perhaps Simeon really is just crazy and thus not thinking straight, which is an explanation I can accept far more over trying to argue that he was making a smart move.

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
        He doesn't gain anything by talking to Perry regardless of whether Ginn has talked or not, how is Perry supposed to know?

Its obvious he is going to kill her to stop Ginn.
        Which proves he's an idiot. I'm leaning more towards the crazy kind of idiot, similar to Young.

Comment

A decent episode in my opinion. Hopefully now the show can finally and really go full throttle like TPTB said. Time for more action, more adventure, and more exploration.

Comment

Ship to ship jumping should be an Olympic sport.

It’s lucky the last third of the ep was so awesome though because the first 2/3rds were pretty dull. After the initial excitement of the new ship, it became clear that it was merely a plot device to get Rush and Young aboard. Then we had some hohum Rush intrigue.

However that final third of the ep delivered, with the awesome Rush/ Young fight, the reveal of the Destiny’s mission and the jumping from ship to ship. Plus the set up for next week’s ep, wow that should be good. Is it next tuesday yet?

Comment

I've been a big fan of the Young and Rush drama for this series. This episode for me was like taking a kid to Disney World. lol. Just them there on the floor talking it out had me at the edge of my seat. Because Rush was sounding less of a creep, and Young basically trying his best not to believe him, but he really does.

Also, how about Rush grabbing Young from floating away, the look and the nod of,
              "I think we need to work together kinda feeling and trust eachother." It is good, because it is character development to make these two start getting along or at least trusting eachother.
              sigpic

Comment

Awesome episode, I love it. Since they bring the Lucian alliance at the end of Season 1, I was looking forward to see them interact in Destiny. And of course what will be the alliance without a bad guy, a real bad guy because they have been fighting between them but is not the same. So I was glad when they begin to show Simeon's character, looking forward to the confrontantion between him and Greer specially. He have been kind of submissive because obviously he hasn't have the way to retaliate but it will be interesting to see them in the same level. And the secret of Rush is out, love the interaction between him and Young, specially the moment when Rush help Young, that moment was priceless after all their fighting. We'll see. Definitely another amazing one, again love the action. Definitely not a slow one. Looking forward to the next one, by the looks it would be awesome.

Spoiler:
                I only sad for Ginn, but I wonder, is you kill someone while the person is using the stones, do you kill both persons or one? Really don't remember is we see something like this before. I know that the connection can be broken but wonder how it would be when the connection brokes because one of the persons die.
                They hit us with guns, bazookas, tear gas, tanks, APVs, helicopters, rockets. I'm pretty sure at least one of them used really harsh language.
                --Markus--

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                  Killing her - MAYBE he stops her from telling all she knows... but how does he know she hasn't told someone else already? Like another LA member perhaps? Varro? If he kills her, his place on Destiny is done. No ifs, ands, or butts. That's a religious fanatic, someone willing to die for the cause... not a thug. The LA are thugs, remember; Simeon should be thinking of himself.
                  Most of the LA are thugs. It's not universal. If Simeon does nothing, she almost surely will spill the beans. He obviously know she was going to.

Not killing her - he can continue to observe and learn, showcasing his trustworthiness. If he really is fanatical to the LA, this is STILL the best option, because he can effectively function as a mole or a spy, waiting for the right moment. The LA could try to board the ship again, and he could maneuver himself into a position to help them, such as getting control of the bridge at the right moment to prevent them from killing the atmosphere in the gateroom.
                  And if the information Ginn gives them allows Earth to destroy the organization? A possible payoff in the future vs an immediate risk is a no-brainer.

As such, failing is pretty damn brutal, and thus not worth the risk for minimal gain. Especially when, even if he does kill her, he doesn't know if he even succeeded. Here's the choice before you:

Do you take this action? Even if you succeed, your life is over, and there's a pretty good chance that it will be pointless even if you do. Obviously, if you fail, your life is over, too. Both cases: your life is over, and there are good odds what you do will be pointless.

Only an idiot would take that action. Perhaps Simeon really is just crazy and thus not thinking straight, which is an explanation I can accept far more over trying to argue that he was making a smart move.
                  Fanatics would take that action, no question, and that is what Simeon comes across as to me. Look at how vehement he is about not betraying the Alliance to Varro. This is a guy who would sacrifice his life for the cause. Hell, he was pretty much outright billed as the type before the season started.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Also, how about Rush grabbing Young from floating away, the look and the nod of,
                    "I think we need to work together kinda feeling and trust eachother." It is good, because it is character development to make these two start getting along or at least trusting eachother.
                    Yep, says a lot about Rush that many of us knew, but some wanted desperately to not believe. Rush could have easily have accidentally "missed" Young and then the man would have been gone, out of his hair. But Rush really does care about people and does want to save their lives, regardless of who they are.

Rush is more human than many might think.

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                    Most of the LA are thugs. It's not universal. If Simeon does nothing, she almost surely will spill the beans. He obviously know she was going to.
                    Yes, but the point is that he didn't know whether she had or not. If she had, killing her would have accomplished nothing.

And if the information Ginn gives them allows Earth to destroy the organization? A possible payoff in the future vs an immediate risk is a no-brainer.
                    I doubt Earth can kill the LA that easily. Remember, the organization is much like an group of street gangs; they are loosely affiliated, but no one member knows enough to kill the entire thing. They kinda work together, but each group does what it wants.

Fanatics would take that action, no question, and that is what Simeon comes across as to me. Look at how vehement he is about not betraying the Alliance to Varro. This is a guy who would sacrifice his life for the cause. Hell, he was pretty much outright billed as the type before the season started.
                    And that's about the only reason I can see Simeon doing this; that he's stupid, crazy, and fanatical. Which was my complaint: he's an idiot.

Comment

Awesome episode! Watching a second time I picked up a lot more good things from the first part after I was able to watch it in peace and quiet.

Krystal
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm not sure about that-I have the feeling from dialogue I've heard on the show that both people would die- because when Telford was dyeing in Incursion Rush also started to pass out. But I'm wondering in this if both will die- I hope not.

I think Simeon's a dead man next week. or gets dumped on a planet

Comment

Yep, says a lot about Rush that many of us knew, but some wanted desperately to not believe. Rush could have easily have accidentally "missed" Young and then the man would have been gone, out of his hair. But Rush really does care about people and does want to save their lives, regardless of who they are.

Rush is more human than many might think.
                        This is good character development for Rush. For the viewers to now feel for him and can trust him as well as the rest of the crew. I don't think he has anymore reason to hide anything. He basically told Young, we have a mission we need to see this through, lets do this side by side, and etc. That gave me chills. Young laughed it off but I could tell he is willing to give it a shot.

Honestly, it would get old if they did not change their attitudes toward eachother, you need that development.
                        sigpic

Comment

Carl Binder, I set Thy Free from the cause of "Life"

Carl Binder has been forgiven for "Life". My least favorite episode of the series.

Carl Binder has been re-added to my X-mas card list.
                          sigpic

Comment

So - why exactly did Greer have to step in when Simeon was harassing Ginn? He had a GUARD for Gods sakes who just stood there and did nothing. Just so Greer could have a big tough guy scene? It was weak. And Simeon just walking around the ship at the end? I hope there is a believable explanation.

And so - is my interpretation correct that the Ancients were looiking for 'God' and since the tech won't allow them to 'see' him, they'll have to go on 'faith'? BLEH! BSG already did the God and Faith thing. It's why I stopped watching. I'm disappointed Stargate decided to go this route.

Carlyle's acting was brilliant as usual. Young is still unfit to lead and I'd really like him to just go away. He gives his rank and the military branch in which he serves an unbelievably bad name.

I love Carl if only for VERY LITTLE CHLOE.

Sad to see Ginn die but I was happy seeing Eli's dialogue with the doctor about being in someone else's body. It was concise, well-delivered, and the doctor was intelligent enough to read between the not-so-subtle lines.

I wish the whole big reveal hadn't been that the Ancients wanted to search for God. Made me think of the Star Trek movie where they did the same thing.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Carl Binder, I set Thy Free from the cause of "Life"

Carl Binder has been forgiven for "Life". My least favorite episode of the series.

Carl Binder has been re-added to my X-mas card list.
                              i'm wondering if he worked out that life was a terrible episode for the show and then with the advent of season 2 maybe he responded to that and the fact that the writers have seemingly been trying to make an effort to up the show. if the rest of the season is faster paced than it has been up until lately maybe he's got his marbles where they need to be to make it more engaging.

this is what the episode was about to me:

i'm hoping they dont turn it back to young vs. rush, i still want rush to be evil, cold, and calculating when necessary and young to be the flawed protective emotional leader, but i dont want any more rush vs. young.

more to the point, you have a christmas card list?

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                So - why exactly did Greer have to step in when Simeon was harassing Ginn? He had a GUARD for Gods sakes who just stood there and did nothing. Just so Greer could have a big tough guy scene? It was weak. And Simeon just walking around the ship at the end? I hope there is a believable explanation.

And so - is my interpretation correct that the Ancients were looiking for 'God' and since the tech won't allow them to 'see' him, they'll have to go on 'faith'? BLEH! BSG already did the God and Faith thing. It's why I stopped watching. I'm disappointed Stargate decided to go this route.
                                that guard reminded me so much of the ol' tokra guards, they never said a word never did anything.

the ancients arent necessarily looking for god... but it does look very much like that, i'll just say the show runners are walking a fine line imo. i dont think we'll see angels or any of that stuff though. i think it will be a very scientific treatment of it. i think it will be more about rush and his pursuit of being able to turn back time and fix things. maybe that's why he doesnt "care" as much about riley being killed and others being lost, because he believes that along with his wife, he can bring them back. maybe the whole "god" aspect wont be touched on as much. i'm hoping they dont go anywhere near god

Comment

Working...
                                X