Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It got me talking at the screen during some scenes. Some 'Noooooo's' and 'oh no's', and a 'what the....' makes it a good dramatic episode for me.

And the Destiny, for me, the most graceful, visually pleasing spaceship ever imagined, just love the way it glides through space, even better now that its course can be controlled. Wonderful!

For all this 'The Greater Good' gets a 9.

Comment

out of 10, i give this episode a 20

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
        I thought the writing was poor. There were significant plot holes and stuff which we should see (but as yet have not). For example: crew reactions to Rush. Too much is being explained away with comments like: (in response to how the crew is feeling) "Angry. But the truth is out now so that can only be a good thing."

Why don't we get to see the crew's anger at Rush? Heck, I'm thinking that Young would have had to put an armed guard on Rush to keep everyone else from lynching him. Granted, it might be difficult for Young to find a guard who wouldn't join the lynch mob...

And what the heck is with the sudden lack of guards on certain people? Simeon may have eluded, incapacitated or killed his guard, but where was the guard on Ginn? Yes, she was swapped out for Amanda Perry, however, what if there was an unexpected termination of the transference? Ginn (if she chose to) would be free to wander the ship for an extended period of time, and while Eli, Wray or even *You* might trust her, Young does not as yet share that same sense of trust. She should still have had a guard close to hand.

regards,
        G.
        I dont really count those as plot holes, just things we havn't seen (yet). We don't know how the crew will react to Destiny's mission, and we havn't seen the full reaction to Rush hiding the bridge because everyone had to focus on getting Rush and Young back home.
        Would be cool to see, hopefully we do get to see some members of the crew angry at Rush.
        Did think the episode was a little lackluster myself

Comment

I voted 8. It was great. There were some boring parts in it though, like nothing interesting being found on the alien ship. Plus I've been pretty lenient in rating some of the previous episodes.
          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

10/10 It was one of my favorites.
            http://crazystuffofrandomness.tumblr.com/ My Tumblr page...
            sigpic

Comment

This show never ceases to amaze me. 10 out of 10.

Comment

In my opinion: SGU is finally starting to get good! Cloverdale was SO BAD that I couldn't even watch it but this ep is the best one to date!

So I gave this ep a 10
                sigpic
                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Those Episode like "Trial and Error" and "The Greater Good" (as good as Losts "The Greater Good" imo) shows what potential this series has. I really hope it doesnt get canceled this season because we would loose something special here. "The Greater Good" had some slow parts but still it is an important one for the whole show because from now on the pace is starting to change (i hope)... good i love the show. I hope we see the crew from now on on the bridge!
                  sigpic

Comment

10. So worth it to see Eli in the "captain's chair"
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I gave it a good solid 8
                      sigpic

Comment

I think this episode had to be a little longer, it should have gone for at least an hour. Nevertheless, I give it a high rating, maybe 9, because it was still a pretty good episode. That twist at the end of the episode was amazing.

I think they could have extended the Young v Rush fight. The first time I saw Rush getting beaten up by Young (se01 ep10), I thought that was pretty brutal and was wondering if Rush would even get back up. This one wasn't so much.

I think it would have been cool if Eli couldn't find the control room so fast, maybe he almost finds the control room but then doesn't. Just to add tension.

I liked the jumping scene, but I feel that was also rushed.

What can I say, it's a 43 minute show with movie style writing. It's awesome any way you cut it.
                        SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                        SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                        ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                        Spoiler:
                        *beep*
                        Young: "What the hell was that?"
                        Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Working...
                        X