Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we can let Young slide on a single hit. That interview does imply they'll settle their differences, but a quick transitional period isn't ruled out. If Young hits him once, without going any further, it'll still be growth, especially if he does it before asking.

Comment

Aww, you people and your love of violence. "They very young..." as the Nox would say. ;p

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
        Aww, you people and your love of violence. "They very young..." as the Nox would say. ;p
        "Lousy beatniks."

Frankly, just based on what I've seen, I'd be surprised if Young doesn't get just a little physical. I agree it'd be a major step up for him not to, but unless things change a lot between "Trial and Error" and now, it almost feels like it would be out of character for him not to give Rush a good right hook for the problems Young would surely blame him for (losing Telford among them).

Comment

There was a spoiler I saw awhile back, where they talked about that scene, and there wasn't any mention of a hit. They made it sound like it was strangely calm and quick accepting. Sort of a "Oh, you've had access to the bridge for awhile now. Okay. Now that's out in the open and we can move on, for the greater good."

Ah, found it here on gateworld.

Moving forward, the relationship between Dr. Rush and Colonel Young will move in a new direction. After Young learns the truth there is “an 11-page scene between myself and Colonel Young,” Carlyle said. “It’s tremendous, and it’s something you don’t normally get in television — followed by a 6-page scene after that, where Rush explains everything to [Young] and confesses.

“But, not only that. There is, in fact, a mission. There has always been a mission. It has never been about going home. It’s a game-changer, as they like to say around here. Everything changes in that moment.

“So Young, instead of wanting to kill [Rush], says, ‘What is it?’ [Rush] tells him, and it’s so mind-boggling he actually manages to get Young on [his] side. The dynamic changes between Rush and Young in that moment. They decide to come together and move forward. Don’t start looking behind. Stop saying we don’t belong on this ship. Embrace it, and move forward.”

That implies to me that there is no hitting. Rush confesses about the bridge and says there is a mission, and Young, rather than hitting or yelling, simply asks, "What is it?" And they come together.

Remember, Young went down that path once before, and he acknowledged it was wrong. If he holds back, he'll have shown character growth. If he reverts to emotional violence, then he'll have regressed (or stayed the same) and basically be the person Rush wanted to withhold from in the first place. If they are going to come together, Both Young and Rush need to put things behind them, chief among them being their antagonism for each other. Hitting would be counterproductive.
          I don´t wont to disappoint you, but I think the two of them will have a major fight (as Joe Malozzie points it out, a down and dirty fight in "The Greater Good"), before the two of them come to a better understanding of each other. Also Robert Carlyle hint´s that in a Comic Con interview. I bet Young can not control himself any longer I mean he had to
          Spoiler:
          suffocating Riley, loose Telford, the thing with Chloe and maybe Scott´s infection on the planet where probably all Rush fault.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
            I don´t wont to disappoint you, but I think the two of them will have a major fight (as Joe Malozzie points it out, a down and dirty fight in "The Greater Good"), before the two of them come to a better understanding of each other. Also Robert Carlyle hint´s that in a Comic Con interview. I bet Young can not control himself any longer I mean he had to
            Spoiler:
            suffocating Riley, loose Telford, the thing with Chloe and maybe Scott´s infection on the planet where probably all Rush fault.
            A down and dirty fight doesn't mean it's between Rush and Young, unless you have a source that says it is. Because with the source I quoted, it says specifically, "So Young, instead of wanting to kill [Rush], says, 'What is it?' Rush tells him, and it's so mind-boggling he actually manages to get Young on [his] side."

Comment

How was what happened to chloe/scott rushs fault?

Comment

Originally posted by Makenshi View Post
                why did I read the damn spoilers again... ¬¬
                I did, too. But I'm not sure if I should regret it, because now I am so excited to see that episode
                sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

A down and dirty fight doesn't mean it's between Rush and Young, unless you have a source that says it is. Because with the source I quoted, it says specifically, "So Young, instead of wanting to kill [Rush], says, 'What is it?' Rush tells him, and it's so mind-boggling he actually manages to get Young on [his] side."
                  Spoiler:
                  evidence 1 for an epic Rush/Young fight: Robert Carlyle say it and I know how spoiler friendly he is.
                  evidence 2: MGM trailer, we see a pissed Young who hit Rush right in the face
                  evidence 3: The Comic Con trailer, two men fighting on a ship that is not Destiny, one is clearly Rush the other one probably Young (first I thought it was Simeon, but now that I have read the episode description I am sure)
                  My take is, Rush tells Perry about the bridge, Young overhear it, Young gets very angry, the two will fight and stop before killing each other off. Than Rush will tell Young everything because A: he have no choice B: he can´t risk to be left alone on the alien ship C: he realize that to tell Young everything is his only option sooner than later.
                  Last edited by myhelix; 29 October 2010, 11:40 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

in the season 2 trailer young says 'you broke the code?' rush says 'yes' young interjects, 'when?!' and you see what looks a lot like, young punching rush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NbBcLf1-jA [1:20-1:24] if you can pause it real good @ 1:23 or so, you see rush's shirt while young winds up. so we know young will hit rush.

they'll NEVER be done!!
                    Last edited by timebandit; 30 October 2010, 11:57 AM.
                    ....Its what I do!

Comment

hmmmmm a Booger ship heavily damaged?!

This furthers the theory of mine. Smurfs VS Boogers, end of the season.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        How was what happened to chloe/scott rushs fault?
                        Spoiler:
                        what I mean is if Rush has chosen the planet, like the one Riley died on, with manipulating Destiny´s path, than it´s his fault that Chloe have to donate blood and maybe infect Scott with whatever the Blueberry have done to her. But we don´t know that for sure.
                        sigpic

Comment

From GW:

"The Destiny is left stranded in space after an encounter with a damaged ship. While Young goes into panic mode, Rush refuses to divulge a valuable secret."
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                            From GW:

"The Destiny is left stranded in space after an encounter with a damaged ship. While Young goes into panic mode, Rush refuses to divulge a valuable secret."
                            Spoiler:
                            From other spoilers it seemed to me that it was the other ship that is out of power. Now that one appears to be saying it is Destiny that is out of power?

Comment

Originally posted by James71 View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              From other spoilers it seemed to me that it was the other ship that is out of power. Now that one appears to be saying it is Destiny that is out of power?
                              The first spoilers are likely more accurate.

Comment

I don't know what kind of mission is. But what makes them think they could finish the mission in years? Destiny has been travelling hundreds of thousands years, I don't think ten or twenty years with those around 70 people will make any differences.

Still find a way to earth during the grand mission would be a logical choice to me. YES, this mission could be a huge step for Rush and Young's relationship. But I don't think it could solve all their problems.

Young is a greater good person. No doubt, otherwise he would not try to kill Telford to get LA information or let LA member free to trade it. And Rush will probably share more information with others. But there are still some disagreements between these two.

Everybody knows that Destiny is out there for something, they are not idiots. It's just their first priority is to get the crew home and then they could send more qualified people on Destiny. Which makes Rush different than others is not they don't believe the mission, it is Rush is afraid he would be taken off the mission, so he won't have oppotunities to learn the advanced ancient technology. Even they now agree to do the mission, if somehow they find a way to go home, let's say an Icarus planet, Rush still will hide the secret and Young still will choose to get people home.
                                Last edited by SGeff; 01 November 2010, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X