Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this really the Amanda Perry we know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else realise in this episode though why Perry and Rush are actually made for eachother?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Amanda Perry and her virtual destiny plot was over simplified and the Langara mission plot was too much time outside the destiny. This episode is one of the SGU episodes that embracing failures without any slice of hopes. Kinda an episode long filler.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Anyone else realise in this episode though why Perry and Rush are actually made for eachother?
        mental illness?
        manipulators in love?

Comment

A couple of posters have mentioned this already.

Although a brilliant mind and an adult, Amanda has the emotional experience of a child and it was as a child she experienced the freedom of being uploaded to Destiny. The facts are that she became a quadraplegic when she was nine and in the first episode she was in she said that Rush "didn't see the chair" - he talked to her like she was a person, not just an intellect in a damaged body.

Of course she would get a big crush on him, who wouldn't? There probably wasn't anyone else who she could interact with on that level. And of course when she gets to act out a fantasy she doesn't have the experience to understand the full consequences of what she is doing.

Comment

Hi all.

My take is when Amanda Perry and Gin got uploaded into Destiny's "Matrix". They become part of Destiny, obviously, but I think their personna, characters and personality also become part of Destiny, as Destiny has "rubbed on" on them; If you know what I mean, it's like they become the extensions of Destiny's different aspect?

So with Amanda gaining new found and total freedom, she becomes bit maybe reckless, "hey I don't care of the consequences"; And Gin has always been the more cautious one… Just like somewhere in the show it was said, Amanda perhaps did not intend all that to happen the way it turned out...

Comment

I for one don't find an excuse for Amanda's actions. Unless the upload twisted something in her psyche. Otherwise, she's a grown woman, doesn't matter if she was wheelchair bound, that has nothing to do with her moral conscience. It was a choice she made and a bad one at that.
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                I for one don't find an excuse for Amanda's actions. Unless the upload twisted something in her psyche. Otherwise, she's a grown woman, doesn't matter if she was wheelchair bound, that has nothing to do with her moral conscience. It was a choice she made and a bad one at that.
                +1

Comment

Working...
                X