X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    It was supposed to start with 's'.
    Satay.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      Satay.
      S'more.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
        Hear, hear! Was it a devious move on the part of Homeworld Security? Hell yes. And General O'Neill himself signed off on this. Was it a shrewd move? Hell yes. And Woolsey himself pointed out of course that sovereign states serve their own interests. Do I condone the act? Definitely not. But at the same time it was great to see SGU bring that kind of realism to the screen. Let's be real here. The entire Stargate program started off as black ops. In black ops, nobody keeps their hands clean. Whether he was saying this directly or not, Telford was all about the ends justifying the means.

Edit: If SGU had gone forward past this season, I wonder about the political fallout of this incident with Langara and Earth's other allies in the Milky Way.
        This.

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
        I figured something like this was on the cards after that senator went to Destiny in a previous ep along with that scientist. Destiny is on the radar as a political tool on Earth and as such is gaining more importance. It is about a bit more than the lives of 80 people now.

Also, I'm not sure about the skepticism about Earth's actions. This kind of thing has been on the cards for very long time, the IOA and NID proves it. Those forces couldn't have as great an impact before because people like Jack and Hammond had some ability to keep them out under the guise of no one else being qualified and being out of touch with how things are on the front lines. Those characters were a law unto themselves for the most part, so the perception of Earth was dictated by the morality and principles of a few people. Now however, they can no longer escape oversight, and the kind of political thinking that humanity really engages in is coming to the forefront. Stargate Earth is not some enlightened society. It was never even truly worthy of the faith the Asgard put in it. Reality is setting in, and the milky way community will finally get a better picture of what Earth is really about. We look out for number one, first and always.
        And This!

I LIKE my morally grey characters. Particularly when military. I honestly hate it when the Armed Forces are portrayed as being super humans. Beause we're not. We're human. And the military forces in Stargate are doing a crazy job, and it honestly does not surprise me that such an operation would be not only planned, but condoned by the top. For those that get upset about this, wake up and realise that the world is not a lovely shiny place. There's a great saying 'We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm' - military force and political power, and thus defence and security is ultimatly about power.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

S'more.
          Saucy.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            Saucy.
            Soy sauce?
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Yes, I think DigiFluid has a point here. Although it was a good episode I think it was the stupiest thing in recent times they have done. I did not quite understand it was that mission approved by the SG:C or was it rouge mission?
              sigpic

Comment

Earth and her representatives have done countless morally questionable things over the seasons of the franchise and I have a hard time thinking of even one character who hasn't been involved in something underhanded at some point. And fandom has the same argument, every single time.

The characters who inhabit the franchise can be right *******s when they want to be, or when it suits their ends. Fandom just doesn't like to be reminded of that, or that we Earthlings are perhaps not as squeaky clean as we would like to think.

*shrugs* Same old, same old.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                  Yes, I think DigiFluid has a point here. Although it was a good episode I think it was the stupiest thing in recent times they have done. I did not quite understand it was that mission approved by the SG:C or was it rouge mission?
                  Remember SG1 Episode "Ethon"

When General Landry was away, and SG1 find out from a friend of the planet (Nation of Rand and Caledonia) about the Ori satellite weapon, Col Cameron and the rest of SG1 just make the decision to destory it with X-303 Prometheus in less than a few minute, i didn't see SG1 consult with anyone .
                  I suppose they ask the President later , just to rubber stamp it . there were no long term diplomtic consequence, because both Rand and Caledonia wipe each other out.
                  but Earth did lost the Prometheus X-303 and over 70 earth crew.

I though Earth could never ever screw up any more than "Ethon" until SGU episode "Seizure".
                  In term of planetary relation , episode "Ethon" and episode "Seizure" is about as bad as any planet can get when the military are given too much power

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    True... BUT i would hate to be the IOA after this Frak up.
                    I do not think this was a IOA decision, to me it look and sounded more like a HWC operation. Which we know is only an American operation. Through it may use IOA money.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 06 April 2011, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                      I'd argue things were different. They were directly modifying an enemy, no different than when the SGC was experimenting on Goa'ulds. It raised some interesting moral questions once they became humans, though. However, they were at war, and facing annihilation, and thus their actions understandable. It was no more morally deplorable then shooting an enemy soldier.

I don't mind morally gray heroes; Garak on DS9 was one of the fascinating characters I've ever seen. I really liked him. I have a problem with our SGC people dipping into that realm. Yeah, it may be cliche, but it seems to be all the rage these days to have morally gray heroes; SGU should not be trying to be BSG. Part of what made SG-1 and Atlantis stand out, was that they really tried to be the good guys.

And everyone here did like that, because they liked SG-1 and SGA. Or perhaps we have some people here that weren't really fans of those two shows, but became hooked on SGU. ;p
                      Why I like SGA and SG1, I just think SGU reach a whole new level of awesomeness and realism and acting that blows both of those shows out of the water.

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                        Soy sauce?
                        Saucy has several meanings. Since I am not sure which of them he meant, I couldn´t reply.
                        sigpic

Comment

Saucy has several meanings. Since I am not sure which of them he meant, I couldn´t reply.
                          Well now it's 'saucy' saucy.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Good lord. Our guys have done some underhanded things in the past, whether intentionally or not, but this is really a new low. Use the comm stones to take over a guard captain and president so you can experiment with a potentially world-destroying experiment (on a planet of thousands to millions of people!) when the locals have already said "hell no"? Holy hell guys.
                            That Young took part doesn't really bother or surprise me, but I am interested in just how far up it goes, and have a sneaking suspicion that it goes as high as Telford and some IOA guys, rather than a whole Earth deal
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

General O'Neill was apparently in on it. Which really lowers my opinion of it even farther.

And no, our heroes have never really been too bad or gray in the grand scheme of things. At some times, they may have stated they might have done gray things, but they always came through in the end. Or that it was really rare, and a direct result of immediate pressure. There was no immediate pressure here; at least, no believable immediate pressure. Considering that Destiny can easily repel any LA attack (at least for the two months they would have needed), this Earth paranoia leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

SG writers minds stuck in alternate universe once they done with the Continuum movie. I guess, that is why when they create the SGU series, all the morals elements in the series seem polarized with what we had in our universe here.

Comment

Working...
                                X