X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by senilegreen View Post
    Better than average episode.

Simulated sex - should have expected it, given the writers' previous obsession with stone-sex.

The Telford character is really coming off as power hungry and paranoid. Between that and his previous mind washing by the LA one wonders why the AF keeps him around. He should have been put out of the loop some time ago
    I completely agree but thats part of why I am enjoying the character so much. I kind of wish he was back on the ship.

Comment

Great episode, definitely one of the best of SGU! But i was extremely disapointed that they didnt even mention Atlantis or address Woolsey and Mckay not being there.

Comment

This episode feels pretty bittersweet, enjoyable but sad that we won't get to see more of SG1/A/U.

Did Woolsey say "SG-1 teams 2 and 3"?

Comment

Guess I'm in the minority here, but after enjoying last week's episode, I found this episode to be particularly weak and unenjoyable.

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
          The larger point I was trying to make is, earth apparently wont risk 'earth' or its resources to rescue 80 people, but will risk the entire population of our Langaran allies for those 80 people. Even if they were successful the premise is still kind of goofy.
          This was one thing that really bothered me. Didn't find it believable at all. Not even believable in the "this is science fiction so check your beliefs at the door" way.

Only in the story to show Earth as bad guys. As people who would betray another planet when that planet had actually been quite honorable in their efforts to sustain an alliance with Earth. Lame.

Oh and of course Eli gets no loving, and will get no loving, as he had to quarantine the people in the computer.

This show gets too bogged down in the "life sucks and we're going to show you just how much it sucks by showing you how good people do bad things, and how good people get to have an ounce of hope only to have that hope shattered under the crushing harshness of reality" style of writing.

Greer is going to die soon too, of course.
          Last edited by LeonK; 04 April 2011, 09:17 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
            This episode feels pretty bittersweet, enjoyable but sad that we won't get to see more of SG1/A/U.

Did Woolsey say "SG-1 teams 2 and 3"
            ?
            I think he just said that they had two SG teams standing by.

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
            Guess I'm in the minority here, but after enjoying last week's episode, I found this episode to be particularly weak and unenjoyable.

This was one thing that really bothered me. Didn't find it believable at all. Not even believable in the "this is science fiction so check your beliefs at the door" way.

Only in the story to show Earth as bad guys. As people who would betray another planet when that planet had actually been quite honorable in their efforts to sustain an alliance with Earth. Lame.

Oh and of course Eli gets no loving, and will get no loving, as he had to quarantine the people in the computer.

This show gets too bogged down in the "life sucks and we're going to show you just how much it sucks by showing you how good people do bad things, and how good people get to have an ounce of hope only to have that hope shattered under the crushing harshness of reality" style of writing.

Greer is going to die soon too, of course.
            Even though the show is done I would be really angry if Greer goes to the giant Gerald Field in the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
              I completely forgot about that whole episode with the Staff Weapon power source dialing the Ida Galaxy (i think that was the name). Man.. I hope someone was paying attention when Jack was making that thing...

Speaking of that episode... I always wondered why we never tried to get to the Ida galaxy and explore that place like we did with Pegasus and Destiny.
              That was The Fifth Race, I just happened to watch that one earlier today!

I loved Seizure but I too couldn't help but feel it was really anticlimactic. I mean really, we're back to square one? All that, we called in Rodney, attempted to take Langara's facility and it was all for naught? AND we lost Ginn and Amanda because Rush wanted to get his rocks off? I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed in the Earth humans or just with the writers on this one. Seems like everyone dropped the ball.

/did love the Shep and citrus references!

Comment

Even though the show is done I would be really angry if Greer goes to the giant Gerald Field in the sky.
                As would I, but I think it's going to happen.

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                That was The Fifth Race, I just happened to watch that one earlier today!
                See, what we need to do is, get someone to download the ancient repository into their head, then make up a little device to dial destiny, then go there and make a little device to dial back. Shabam, everyone's safe and at home!

I mean really, we're back to square one? All that, we called in Rodney, attempted to take Langara's facility and it was all for naught? AND we lost Ginn and Amanda because Rush wanted to get his rocks off? I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed in the Earth humans or just with the writers on this one. Seems like everyone dropped the ball.
                Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by senilegreen View Post

Simulated sex - should have expected it, given the writers' previous obsession with stone-sex.
                  More of a fan obsession really. It's only ever happened once.

Comment

(note i'm using a Jonas emoticon because of the location of the episode)

Anyone else chuckle when the LA guy who switched with Lt Scott saw his reflection and screamed?

Comment

Originally posted by LeonK View Post

See, what we need to do is, get someone to download the ancient repository into their head, then make up a little device to dial destiny, then go there and make a little device to dial back. Shabam, everyone's safe and at home!

Yep.
                      In the real world that would probably happen. But it kinda destroys the show. Download it, dial to destiny, hook up the the chair, the chair takes out the knowledge and Destiny becomes immensely more intelligent. and then they can dial back
                      Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

(note i'm using a Jonas emoticon because of the location of the episode)

Anyone else chuckle when the LA guy who switched with Lt Scott saw his reflection and screamed?
                        lol that was pretty good

/nitpick--he wasn't lucian alliance, he was Langaran.

Comment

oh, another thing-- this was flat out the greatest use of the stones i've ever seen!

Woolsey-"Please at least read the inscription on the bottom of the stone!" I lol'd so hard hahaha

Comment

oh, another thing-- this was flat out the greatest use of the stones i've ever seen!

Woolsey-"Please at least read the inscription on the bottom of the stone!" I lol'd so hard hahaha
                            Ha, I thought that was so underhanded and awesome. Loved it.
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

lol that was pretty good

/nitpick--he wasn't lucian alliance, he was Langaran.
                              ah! My mistake! I was so sure that the LA took over the planet during the episode but im thrilled that i was wrong.

Comment

Really disappointed in this episode. After the last few episodes i was sad that this show got cancelled. But after tonight im back to being glad.

1.) For starters, why bring in McKay and doing nothing with him and not focus on him? We should of learned or got something about Atlantis as hello this was our only shot to do it and hey it could of been a nice gift to those angry Atlantis fans to maybe watch and bring up some ratings cause at the time of filming i dont think Universe was canceled. And another thing, it would of been great to see McKay and Rush an Eli to have alot more time together or in Rush case some time. That would of been gold. Hell McKay could of boosted the Shields or and or figured something cool out about the ship.

2.) Why in bloody hell did they not metion either Jonas nor the Ori. We are in the same SG universe right?
                                Its the little things like this that makes a good show great or makes a bad show crap. U dont forget what brought you here. If not for SG1 and Atlantis, this show wouldnt of gotten here so why ignore its history.
                                Its like CSI NY doing a story in Vegas and totally ignoring CSI (Las Vegas). Hell was there been any metions of the ORI on this show?

What about the Super Gate? have they even tried that?

3.) I understand this is a Universe show, but i dont see O'Neal allowing for this situation to happen and piss off the Langara"s. I mean getting to Destiny is important WHY? And couldnt wait WHY? OH cause the LA might attack. Well hell if there anything left of Langara after what the ORI did to them? Wouldnt Jonas involement be enough to get the deal done?

Wouldnt Carter be the better person to explain it than Rodney?
                                Couldnt we just keep a crew on guard around the planet to help out?

4.)SG1 teams 4 & 5? I so hope i heard that wrong and it was really SG teams 4&5.

5.) Why in blue hell would McKay ever want to give up Atlantis for a old out of date junk like Destiny and also give up Keller?

6.) Did we need to spend half the episode on Rush in bed Perry when so much above could of happened or was said?

Wouldnt it be great to see McKay and Rush talk?

Again so much more could of happened, but the writers once again droped the ball and also totally got McKay wrong. He came across as boring as anyone could of done that part.

Makes me miss Atlantis even more.
                                LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Working...
                                X