Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good, solid, episode. The plot in Langara was fun in a very morally murky kinda way, and I'm glad we weren't bogged down in explanations about Atlantis or Jonas or the Ori thing - it just wasn't what the story was at the moment, because it's still SGU more than anything. McKay and Woolsey's appearances were beyond fun, and I really enjoyed seeing them interplay with the SGU-ites. Young's little line about Sheppard was expected, but still cool.

Now, as for the events on Destiny, I liked it a lot - being that it was the less "hopeful" other half of last week's events, with Greer getting sick, Perry getting out of control, Eli forced to quarantine Ginn in order to save Rush of all people... It was an awesome plot, very ouch-y, but I would've preferred, I don't know, maybe an episode to buffer between Hope and the virtual reality stuff this week so as not to get my hopes up one week about Ginn and Perry sticking around and taking them away another week.

And Rush destroying Destiny in the simulation was pure class. Seriously, he did it in like a second, and I couldn't be help but think if it'd take him that long in the real world. Like, wow.

Oh, and James's little human moment for the two prisoners was neat given that we learnt that the Langarans are still our buddies, and I'll never stop enjoying seeing Chloe hang out with the tech people, doing something and looking to enjoy it.

Good episode.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Its an old fandom joke given he hasn't been mentioned since S7.
      He really hasn't been mentioned since season 7? I thought they did, but now that I think about it, perhaps not...

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
        He really hasn't been mentioned since season 7? I thought they did, but now that I think about it, perhaps not...
        nope not even in season 9 or 10 when his planet was taken over by the ori
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          Good, solid, episode. The plot in Langara was fun in a very morally murky kinda way, and I'm glad we weren't bogged down in explanations about Atlantis or Jonas or the Ori thing - it just wasn't what the story was at the moment, because it's still SGU more than anything. McKay and Woolsey's appearances were beyond fun, and I really enjoyed seeing them interplay with the SGU-ites. Young's little line about Sheppard was expected, but still cool.

Now, as for the events on Destiny, I liked it a lot - being that it was the less "hopeful" other half of last week's events, with Greer getting sick, Perry getting out of control, Eli forced to quarantine Ginn in order to save Rush of all people... It was an awesome plot, very ouch-y, but I would've preferred, I don't know, maybe an episode to buffer between Hope and the virtual reality stuff this week so as not to get my hopes up one week about Ginn and Perry sticking around and taking them away another week.

And Rush destroying Destiny in the simulation was pure class. Seriously, he did it in like a second, and I couldn't be help but think if it'd take him that long in the real world. Like, wow.

Oh, and James's little human moment for the two prisoners was neat given that we learnt that the Langarans are still our buddies, and I'll never stop enjoying seeing Chloe hang out with the tech people, doing something and looking to enjoy it.

Good episode.
          I forgot all about that! I think Stargate has always been good at creating interesting minor characters (Syler, Todd, Bra'tac) and they are doing a fine job with the minor characters of SGU. I wouldn't mind seeing James get bumped up to a major role after this and stuff like her having that dream where she killed Scott because it showed that she still has feelings for him.

Comment

soooo everyone was ok with rush getting himself some lovin?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              Yup. I feel bad for Ginn and Eli though since its tempting to try but might not safe.

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                It's weird Corin Nemec was quoted as saying he dusted the boots off an character for the third series in the franchise. How could that not mean SGU?
                Was he though? All I've seen is a supposed quote on Stargate Wikia with no source. I dismissed it straight away, that site is known for it's BS.

Comment

nope not even in season 9 or 10 when his planet was taken over by the ori
                  Indeedy.

Oh yeah, Rush deserves some happiness from time to time I think. He seems to try pretty hard to make himself lonely and friendless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
                    I forgot all about that! I think Stargate has always been good at creating interesting minor characters (Syler, Todd, Bra'tac) and they are doing a fine job with the minor characters of SGU. I wouldn't mind seeing James get bumped up to a major role after this and stuff like her having that dream where she killed Scott because it showed that she still has feelings for him.
                    SGU is doing a great job at making the side characters shine as much as the main characters, really bringing out the ensemble aspect of the show - like Volker's stuff last week, James's little moment this week, and all of the stuff for Riley, Spencer and Franklin before they died which made them fully realised before that... It's a big character-based show that has like a dozen little side characters as a natural step after having two or three back in SG-1 and SGA. And stuff.

I know the fangirls won't mind. I say good for him. We got more Perry, which I loved, so yeah.

Yup. I feel bad for Ginn and Eli though since its tempting to try but might not safe.
                    Oh man, poor Eli gets screwed over again. Feel sorry for the guy. If I were him, Rush would be dead right now.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I thought a ZPM was ruled out because even with one it still takes a lot of its power to dial Atlantis (hence the need to the gate bridge) and the ship is so much farther away then Atlantis. So they figured it just wouldn't work.
                      It is whatever the writers claim it is, I don't think there is any consistency about it. The O'neill device that ran on the power of a single staff weapon boosted a whole gate enough to dial galaxy-to-galaxy. A single ZPM should be put that to shame. 2 or 3....

The larger point I was trying to make is, earth apparently wont risk 'earth' or its resources to rescue 80 people, but will risk the entire population of our Langaran allies for those 80 people. Even if they were successful the premise is still kind of goofy.

Now that we have taken over the bodies of your leaders, your facilities, risked the entire population of your planet to make the point we were right and your too ignorant a people to know better, you're going to let us use your gate whenever we want to send supplies to 80 of the 'wrong' people right?

Comment

Oh man, poor Eli gets screwed over again. Feel sorry for the guy. If I were him, Rush would be dead right now.
                        but at least ginn and mandy are still in the ship's memory. just out of reach

Comment

SGU is doing a great job at making the side characters shine as much as the main characters, really bringing out the ensemble aspect of the show - like Volker's stuff last week, James's little moment this week, and all of the stuff for Riley, Spencer and Franklin before they died which made them fully realised before that... It's a big character-based show that has like a dozen little side characters as a natural step after having two or three back in SG-1 and SGA. And stuff.

I know the fangirls won't mind. I say good for him. We got more Perry, which I loved, so yeah.

Oh man, poor Eli gets screwed over again. Feel sorry for the guy. If I were him, Rush would be dead right now
                          You know.. when every episode starts with Eli screaming at rush because he knew about the bridge the whole time it always makes me think Eli hates rush to the point where he would kill him but then the episode starts and it looks like they are okay with one another.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
                            It is whatever the writers claim it is, I don't think there is any consistency about it. The O'neill device that ran on the power of a single staff weapon boosted a whole gate enough to dial galaxy-to-galaxy. A single ZPM should be put that to shame. 2 or 3....

The larger point I was trying to make is, earth apparently wont risk 'earth' or its resources to rescue 80 people, but will risk the entire population of our Langaran allies for those 80 people. Even if they were successful the premise is still kind of goofy.

Now that we have taken over the bodies of your leaders, your facilities, risked the entire population of your planet to make the point we were right and your too ignorant a people to know better, you're going to let us use your gate whenever we want to send supplies to 80 of the 'wrong' people right?
                            I completely forgot about that whole episode with the Staff Weapon power source dialing the Ida Galaxy (i think that was the name). Man.. I hope someone was paying attention when Jack was making that thing...

Speaking of that episode... I always wondered why we never tried to get to the Ida galaxy and explore that place like we did with Pegasus and Destiny.

Comment

Better than average episode.

Simulated sex - should have expected it, given the writers' previous obsession with stone-sex.

The Telford character is really coming off as power hungry and paranoid. Between that and his previous mind washing by the LA one wonders why the AF keeps him around. He should have been put out of the loop some time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by senilegreen View Post
                                Simulated sex - should have expected it, given the writers' previous obsession with stone-sex..
                                only once doesn't count as a obsession

Comment

Working...
                                X