This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    overall this is the first ep to disappoint me in season 2. i buy the LA as a threat to earth but not the whole milky way galaxy. earth has the means to seriously crush the LA's ability to do anything and yet i still don't see it . grrr
    I think you are overestimating Earth's power. Yes our ships are superior but the Alliance has fleets and we have only a few. Never mind they don't exactly have an offical captial.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Vanek26 View Post
      I've seen that before. Not in a while. Season 1 mostly.
      Its that old? I cant believe I never saw it.
      Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      I just wish there was mentions of Jonas and Atlantis....its just so disappointing to me that there wasnt.
      I agree. I am sure the writers knew the fans would want something like that. I have been excited for this episode for such a long time just because we might get some information on the greater universe of stargate shows.
      It would have also been a great opportunity to appease the fans who are against SGU because they feel it killed Atlantis (Im not one of them) and maybe win them over a bit like saying "Let Rodney show you all the cool stuff we are doing over here and maybe you can join in as well!"

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I think you are overestimating Earth's power. Yes our ships are superior but the Alliance has fleets and we have only a few. Never mind they don't exactly have an offical captial.
        I dont think its so much how many ships they have but I think its there over all numbers and how they are hidden and could really be anywhere like Jelgate alluded too. I see them like terrorists who dont have the tech we do but use the fact that we don't know who or where they are to strike by surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live
          I hope there isn't any fighting between the AI or that they don't use them to try to create sexual tension or something. I know BSG comparisons have an immediate gag reflex, even if they have merit, but frisky disembodied women that only the scientist(s) can see... that would seem somewhat familiar no?
          It took one episode to go there.

So... Woolsey is the voice of reason and O'Neill is screwing over allies? (he approved it right?) What has happened. What happened to, 'we don't need their stuff, we do need them.'

Comment

O'Neill said that about their more advanced allies, not their less advanced ones that may be dealing under the table with their enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
              I dont think its so much how many ships they have but I think its there over all numbers and how they are hidden and could really be anywhere like Jelgate alluded too. I see them like terrorists who dont have the tech we do but use the fact that we don't know who or where they are to strike by surprise.
              Yeah, look at it like Al-Queda. They are a threat to the United States, and a significant one when they want to be. But are they as advanced as us? No! They are just resourceful, turn a tube into a mortar launcher with a car battery! And other things that are threats to our troops. They used planes to destroy thousands! This is the kind of threat the Lucian Alliance poses, not the same as the Ori, who are more advanced and therefore swoop over enemies with one hand.

Also, they are a threat to the entire Milky Way, they want Destiny, Langara is a well-known naquedah-core planet. A resource both sides need. And when resources are scarce, competition ensues.

EDIT: Naquadria-core planet*
              Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                O'Neill said that about their more advanced allies, not their less advanced ones that may be dealing under the table with their enemies.
                Why bother shutting down the N.I.D and recovering the touchstone then, or not taking the Sentinel? I'm pretty sure there wasn't an only screw less advanced allies policy.

It doesn't seem like SG1 can exist in an SGU universe.

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
                  Yeah, look at it like Al-Queda. They are a threat to the United States, and a significant one when they want to be. But are they as advanced as us? No! They are just resourceful, turn a tube into a mortar launcher with a car battery! And other things that are threats to our troops. They used planes to destroy thousands! This is the kind of threat the Lucian Alliance poses, not the same as the Ori, who are more advanced and therefore swoop over enemies with one hand.

Also, they are a threat to the entire Milky Way, they want Destiny, Langara is a well-known naquedah-core planet. A resource both sides need. And when resources are scarce, competition ensues.

EDIT: Naquadria-core planet*
                  Exactly. I think its really refreshing to see Milky Way enemies who don't have a tech advantage and who are not posing as false gods.

The only issue I have with the LA going after Destiny is that Destiny doesn't seem to offer them as much as Atlantis and the whole Pegasus galaxy would. I mean Atlantis is way more advanced and not to mention Pegasus actually has people to manipulate and use for there goals. The problem with them trying to get aboard Destiny is that we are more advanced and we arnt really getting anything useful out of the ship because we just want to go home.

Comment

Exactly. I think its really refreshing to see Milky Way enemies who don't have a tech advantage and who are not posing as false gods.

The only issue I have with the LA going after Destiny is that Destiny doesn't seem to offer them as much as Atlantis and the whole Pegasus galaxy would. I mean Atlantis is way more advanced and not to mention Pegasus actually has people to manipulate and use for there goals. The problem with them trying to get aboard Destiny is that we are more advanced and we arnt really getting anything useful out of the ship because we just want to go home.
                    right, for all Destiny's greatness, they really have discovered about one thing, well two I guess. One is that it can detect the background radiation stuff. The other is the consciousness transfer things. That's it and we have been there over a year. Someone had to stumble across something by now I feel, lol.
                    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
                      Why bother shutting down the N.I.D and recovering the touchstone then, or not taking the Sentinel? I'm pretty sure there wasn't an only screw less advanced allies policy.

It doesn't seem like SG1 can exist in an SGU universe.
                      Note: "that may be dealing under the table with their enemies." The Touchstone and the Sentinel were humanitarian missions.

Comment

Yeah - their interest in Destiny seems suspect. For as tired as i've grown of the LA it didn't interfere with my enjoyment of this episode. I've said it in 2 other threads but in my mind this is the greatest episode of SGU date and the best episode of Stargate on the whole since possibly the Atlantis mid-season 2 parter (Jackson/Asgard). Some of the complaints here seem rather misguided to me = the complaints that we weren't caught up on everything Atlantis related. Also, i totally loved the plan to "screw" the Langarans. Does it put us in the Grey? Definitely; but it was awesome. Says I anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by Spidey3121 View Post
                          Yeah - their interest in Destiny seems suspect. For as tired as i've grown of the LA it didn't interfere with my enjoyment of this episode. I've said it in 2 other threads but in my mind this is the greatest episode of SGU date and the best episode of Stargate on the whole since possibly the Atlantis mid-season 2 parter (Jackson/Asgard). Some of the complaints here seem rather misguided to me = the complaints that we weren't caught up on everything Atlantis related. Also, i totally loved the plan to "screw" the Langarans. Does it put us in the Grey? Definitely; but it was awesome. Says I anyways...
                          It is a good point that the Atlantis questions along with Langara dealing with the after effects of being an Ori controlled world, and Jonas would all be resolved from the perspective of the show but I just wish the writers would have just droped a line or two just to make me happy. I mean its not like we are going to find out in sg1 or Atlantis. If the end of SGU is really the end of Stargate as a whole I want everything cleared up that they can.

Actually, you saying the word "suspect" makes me wonder if the LA knows something about the ship that we dont some how.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                            Note: "that may be dealing under the table with their enemies." The Touchstone and the Sentinel were humanitarian missions.
                            I noted that, I just dismissed it. I don't think that "may be" qualifies as justification (as it turns out, it was wrong). I mean, the premise of this episode is kind of stupid.

Earth wont use up its ZPM's to try to rescue or 'lifeline' the 80ish people on Destiny. Wont fire up the worm hole drive with project arcturus because there is a 50% chance it would destroy an inhabited universe. But we will risk turning a planet of friendlies (Jonas Quinn friendlies) into enemies or destroying their planet and everyone on it for 80ish people and the oldest Ancient tech around? With O'neill's approval? How does that make any sense?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
                              I noted that, I just dismissed it. I don't think that "may be" qualifies as justification (as it turns out, it was wrong). I mean, the premise of this episode is kind of stupid.

Earth wont use up its ZPM's to try to rescue or 'lifeline' the 80ish people on Destiny. Wont fire up the worm hole drive with project arcturus because there is a 50% chance it would destroy an inhabited universe. But we will risk turning a planet of friendlies (Jonas Quinn friendlies) into enemies or destroying their planet and everyone on it for 80ish people and the oldest Ancient tech around? With O'neill's approval? How does that make any sense?
                              I thought a ZPM was ruled out because even with one it still takes a lot of its power to dial Atlantis (hence the need to the gate bridge) and the ship is so much farther away then Atlantis. So they figured it just wouldn't work.

Comment

It is a good point that the Atlantis questions along with Langara dealing with the after effects of being an Ori controlled world, and Jonas would all be resolved from the perspective of the show but I just wish the writers would have just droped a line or two just to make me happy. I mean its not like we are going to find out in sg1 or Atlantis. If the end of SGU is really the end of Stargate as a whole I want everything cleared up that they can.

Actually, you saying the word "suspect" makes me wonder if the LA knows something about the ship that we dont some how.
                                I've thought that all along. Why else would they be so passionate? They have to have found some kind of database in the Milky Way, afterall there are all kinds of artifacts left around from the ancients. And they know what it is. I also like the idea that Varro is really Ventrell from SG-1 (even though that is probably wrong since Dopud also played a character on Atlantis) and he is the leader of the Alliance, but undercover. So deep undercover, that even Kiva didn't know.

In the fifth episode I think, Simeon and Varro had a convo about feeding earth a false story. In that discussion we learn that Varro knows much more than he is letting on. And then he lies about it later. Also, Ginn seemed to know a lot about Destiny, and I don't think she told us all she knew.

I think there is a lot more the the Lucian Alliance than let on.

Comment

Working...
                                X