Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to say this, the ONLY redeeming quality of this episode was Rodney McKay. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by KlaxxonBlue View Post
      I hate to say this, the ONLY redeeming quality of this episode was Rodney McKay. Just my opinion.
      I thought that Robert Picardo did a really nice job as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KlaxxonBlue View Post
        I was expecting there to be more opinions like that by now written in every other thread. That everything else was utter bull, and only McKay made it bearable. Heh.

Right, now rating... Carlyle's performance doesn't allow me to put a lower number than a 9.
        sigpic

Comment

Not a big McKay fan
          The Rush Amanda sleep together thing was freaky
          Telford
          Don't believe Jack would agree to it.
          Feeling bad for Eli , he sacrificed Gin for the good of Destiny, when he had to isolate her too
          Not a bad ep
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

I'm giving it a 6 out of 10.

I honestly expected more from this episode. The B plot with Rush & Perry was actually more like the A plot. No mention of Atlantis or Jonas Quinn. Just didn't feel any suspense in the episode, was a little predictable that they wouldn't make the 9th chevron connection.

With the B plot it was okay. Though I did find myself not really caring about the Rush & Perry relationship and that we may not see Perry and Ginn again (Since its only been 1 episode since they were uploaded to the ships computer).

Comment

I am seriously surprised at how much I didn't like this episode, and it has nothing to do with McKay (who I thought was well-written and as always wonderfully played by David Hewitt).

I gave it a 6 out of 10 (my lowest rating this season!) and now I'll tell you why.

We are seriously to believe that the Stargate program, no matter how many assurances by their best scientist, is willing to (1) kidnap officials from another, allied world, (2) take a facility on an allied world by guile/force, and (3) try an experiment that has some non-zero chance (no matter how small) of destroying a planet full of people?

All to supply a small number of people on Destiny?

No, and if the answer is yes, then I am utterly disgusted. There is NO scientific experiment where the outcome is 100% certain - Rodney could have been as certain of his brilliant calculations as he could be, but he had never used their equipment before (he himself said it was "1940's technology" - what if something had experienced a mechanical failure? They would have committed genocide.

I was so disgusted by the premise of the A plot, I almost couldn't pay attention to the B plot.
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Well, if we thought they had already allied themselves with the Lucian Alliance then we'd have plenty of reason to gate in and take command. Being it turns out they didn't we (Earth) really look like *******s. Overall though i thought the plan to take over was fantastic. Once Woosley presented the stones and Scott popped up on Langara I got beyond giddy with excitement. As for the B-plot... well really it was like a 2nd A-plot and personally i thought it was a perfect blend of the 2; something they've struggled to achieve at times.

No amount of petty criticism is going to deter my belief that this was the greatest episode of SGU to date :-)

Comment

10/10 Can't think of any problems with the episode yet~ ! I'm sure the podcast callers will enlighten me on some problems, but I don't care! This is like Stargate: Full Throttle! So nice to hear McKay back in action saying that he is like a specter from the future! Now 4 episodes running of me having no complaints! 5 more to go, I hope! Wait....If we are talking about hopes here.......then way more than 5!

Spoiler:
                  Okay, well, before I pressed "quick reply"...I do gotta ask: Where the freak is Gloria? She must be around somewhere... Still. 10/10 even if I hate that we might now see the lovely ladies again...
                  sigpic
                  Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                  O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                  Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                  O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

I gave it a 5. I was expecting something along the lines of The Pegasus Project. The writers teased that it would require both Destiny and the Milky Way to do something simultaneously to accomplish something big. This episode disappointed - not really rewatchable. Last week's ep was MUCH better

Comment

I didn't vote, but I'd give it a 5. Kept comparing this episode to armegedon. We're coming, we're going, come on, I had a good spot picked out there. With EMH, without an EMH in just one episode. I love me some amanda perry eye candy, but the whole thing was a bit overkill IMO. Like 24 hours from being resurected from the dead, she's gonna get some god complex and risk lives and her own existence. That's just crazy. And the whole impersonating an official thing, I guess desperate times call for ..., but not that believable by premise alone. It's a definite drop in plot / writting. Definitely the weakest of 2.5. Unfortunately there's a couple of episodes of 2.0 that were probably just as off center IMO. Hopefully that's the last one of those for what's left.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                        I am seriously surprised at how much I didn't like this episode, and it has nothing to do with McKay (who I thought was well-written and as always wonderfully played by David Hewitt).

I gave it a 6 out of 10 (my lowest rating this season!) and now I'll tell you why.

We are seriously to believe that the Stargate program, no matter how many assurances by their best scientist, is willing to (1) kidnap officials from another, allied world, (2) take a facility on an allied world by guile/force, and (3) try an experiment that has some non-zero chance (no matter how small) of destroying a planet full of people?

All to supply a small number of people on Destiny?

No, and if the answer is yes, then I am utterly disgusted. There is NO scientific experiment where the outcome is 100% certain - Rodney could have been as certain of his brilliant calculations as he could be, but he had never used their equipment before (he himself said it was "1940's technology" - what if something had experienced a mechanical failure? They would have committed genocide.

I was so disgusted by the premise of the A plot, I almost couldn't pay attention to the B plot.
                        You bring up some good points. The Langarans had every right to reject the plan outright,and it was quite reasonable that they would want to take the proposal back to their own scientists/leaders for lengthy discussion"We'll get back to you." I need a re-watch, but I think HC thought that the LA had infiltrated or was planning to take over Langara, so thus the heavy-handedness. But it turned out they hadn't so the HC had egg on it's face.(oops) The Langarans were within their rights to make them shut it down-and the ending left Telford looking like a real creep IMO.
                        Otherwise I really liked the ep, Need a re-watch for a proper rating.

Comment

i was honestly a little dispointed. first of all i was suprised when i was more interested in the destiny storyline then what was going on on langara (no mention of jonas ). i was happy to hear shepherd mentioned though .

i did of course love eli and mckay interacting! but again that was on destiny. it was sad that they had to quantine perry and ginns program, but i guess that was the only way to save rush. and yeah i doubt we'll see them again.

overall, i'm giving it a 8, since it did have some good parts.
                          sigpic

Comment

8/10 ... I was a little disappointed with the lack of an argument between McKay and Rush...

Though I was amused by McKay arguing with Eli . I found the lack of any mention of Atlantis or Jonas Quinn to be disappointing too. All in all, not a bad episode, but I wish there were more references to Atlantis and Jonas Quinn... and I must say, I was kind of disappointed of how they dealt with the whole Langara situation.
                            sigpic
                            Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                              I thought that Robert Picardo did a really nice job as well.
                              Definitely!

Comment

7 from me. I considered even lower rating but Jack mentions and lovely (if too brief) Greer scenes pulled it up.

However, I am so utterly disgusted with the lack of Jonas mention that I can't even properly articulate it. The writers found a way to mention Sheppard who had absolutely NO relevance to the plot but couldn't come up with one sentence about Jonas in an episode taking place on his home planet?! Seriously?!

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                                Woolsey and Rodney were great. I loved seeing both characters again. I liked that they seemed to be hesitant about tricking the Langarans, and I felt they were written and portrayed pretty true to the way they were in SGA. Telford and Young seemed a bit too gung-ho about betraying people that were considered allies, but that was kinda understandable.
                                I'll go even further and say that for me they were true to the way they were portrayed in SG-1 where I liked them the best. After SGA that was no small feat and I commend the writers and actors for pulling it off.

No mention of Wray again; I find not even mentioning her for two episodes in a row kind of odd. She's not a favorite of mine, but she's played a big part in the goings on aboard Destiny, and has always been around previously.
                                Huh. Good point. I haven't even realised it until reading your post. How odd (lack of Wray, not you being right )

One thing I loved was Eli/McKay interaction. That scene was awesome!
                                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X