No announcement yet.

Chloe's Abilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing that bother me a little bit at the moment with the Chloe situation is that she seems not to be in control of her actions. I think for dramatic purpose it would be better if she's in control of her actions...eventually. She would feel like she's still herself but with a different point of view, emotions, physical (metaphysical ) capacity and knowledge. While people on the Destiny would probably still doubt her and/or try to cope with her transformation. Her not being in control of herself will be very good though if the blue aliens are really involve in all of this (in the sense that they planned for Chloe to be sent back on the Destiny ship). I can see a multitude of way this could turn out of the writers decide to go all the way.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Well, I for one don't want to this be a permanent thing.

I don't mind he having a bunch of knowledge that can help the crew, I just don't want to see her turned into a God Mode Mary Sue.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
        She went from suck to blow.
        SpaceBalls !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
          Well, I for one don't want to this be a permanent thing.

I don't mind he having a bunch of knowledge that can help the crew, I just don't want to see her turned into a God Mode Mary Sue.
          I want the transformation to be a permanent thing but I don't want her to be all powerful and knowledgeable, but be different and having to deal with those new emotions, capacity, etc is very interesting for a character. The trick for the writers is to make her transformations linked with the other storylines like the Destiny mission, the blue aliens threat, the new galaxy and lifeforms there, etc.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I am pretty sure she did something positive eventhough her reaction seemed negative. So far, whenever she blacked out, she didnt really do something bad. If she was pre-programmed to send a signal to the blues, she would have done so a long time ago. Doors wont hold her and security neither if they are not prepared to get their Head smashed in by a Girl.

I would go with it, that Chloe did send the Seedership on collision course. It seems like something Smurfette would do. It is a totally accaptable strategy if you dont care that that ship means a way home and it is a good excuse for TPTB to leave the Destiny Crew stranded a while longer till they find another seeder ship. (What are the odds of that? I guess 0)
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
              I think she hacked into the seed ships computer and set it on a collision course with the command ship.
              this
              sigpic

Comment

She went from suck to blow.
                SpaceBalls !!!
                Thanks for clarifying that, cause I was thinking something entirely different.

I think she did something to the FTL drive, to get them out in the nick of time leaving the seedship out to dry.
                Riley: "Hey what happened to you"
                Brody: "SHUT UP!"

Eli: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Athur C. Clarke "
                Young: "Turn the Mic back on. Winston Churchill"

Comment

I still don't think the "Blues" are as bad as they have been portrayed. I think the Ursini are not what they say they are or Telford didn't understand the images well enough. Chloe said not to trust them, any chance the Ursini AND the blues are at war with the Drones? Only difference is the Blues are more intelligent and wouldn't try to take on the mother ship head on with all of the drones present. Maybe they have been removed from thier home world by a hostile?

I mean when you think about what happend to Chloe it wasn't like they intended on her going back to Destiny. Since they wanted her on thier ship why would she be pre-programmed to send out codes to communicate with them? Chloe was never meant to go back to Destiny, it wasn't in thier original plan; she was taken back from them and therefore the idea that she could some how be a spy of some sort seems a little unbelievable to me.

I'm going with the idea that we have a major mis understanding with the Blues, they altered Chloe on accident but thought she could benifit and still persued it. They may have been looking for a cure for some disease crippling thier race or something. Also what is the chance that they want Destiny not because of the ship but the information it holds? Maybe they need all of the data on the computer to find something important to them and could care less about the ship as it were.

I think the Blues interest in Chloe was only to be an ambassador for them. A being both human and blue that understands the cultures, biology and emotions of the beings they are both studying and trying to communicate with.

Comment

New here, so spoiler tags to be sure!

Immediately after the episode I thought of the seeder ship collision course theory as posted above. Here is the thinking behind it.

As someone said above Chloe seems to have some understanding that the Ursini should not be trusted.
                    From what she has said it sounds like there is another consciousness inside her mind.
                    If you took the time to implant something into her that would transform her and instill some kind of consciousness into her it would make sense to give it a strong survival instinct.
                    For instance her blood being resistant to those creatures. In humans we have fight or flight mechanisms that biologically ensure our own survival.

To me the blues did a heck of a job giving whatever they did to her a very strong survival mechanism. As soon as she was told they were hitching a ride she said they shouldn't be trusted and then seemed to semi-blackout. Like the consciousness knew it was in danger and would have to act to ensure it's own survival. To the entity inside her sacrificing the browns is a no brainer.
                    Chloe however would more than likely never be able to "pull the trigger" so to speak on killing off a ship full of any race.... Therefore her regretful response at the end that it was too late was her regret for doing something she would think is wrong.

Just My opinion... Thought?

Comment

I tried inserting spoiler tags on last post, obviously didn't work. How do i edit the post?

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that Rush helped Chloe do what she did b/c there's a time period where he's MIA
                        Is it possible that the Aliens used Rush to get the equations to Clhoe

Comment

SeaCobra :

If you clicked to insert the spoiler tags ,they don't seem to have worked.

Luckily this is the Resurgence folder ,and anyone reading this thread is presumed to have already seen the ep.

If the thread was in SGU Gen Discussion or elsewhere instead ,then spoiler tags would be needed if the thread itself wasn't marked with the appropriate spoiler warnings.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by SeaCobra View Post
                            I tried inserting spoiler tags on last post, obviously didn't work. How do i edit the post?
                            No need for spoiler tags, this thread is at "Resurgence" episode folder. For editing, there should be a button 'Edit Post'.

Edit: Nvm.
                            sigpic

Comment

Anyone notice how Varro, I think hat's his name, couldn't stare at the sun when they were repowering but Chloe was able to do it the entire time no problem? Wonder what else will change.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                                SeaCobra :

If you clicked to insert the spoiler tags ,they don't seem to have worked.

Luckily this is the Resurgence folder ,and anyone reading this thread is presumed to have already seen the ep.

If the thread was in SGU Gen Discussion or elsewhere instead ,then spoiler tags would be needed if the thread itself wasn't marked with the appropriate spoiler warnings.
                                Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                                No need for spoiler tags, this thread is at "Resurgence" episode folder. For editing, there should be a button 'Edit Post'.

Edit: Nvm.
                                Thanks guys, I thought it was safe here so thanks for clarifying!

Also my posts are still being reviewed before posted, is that why i do NOT have an edit post button? I don't see it anywhere on my actual post or around the page.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                                X