No announcement yet.

Three questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably because the writing for the show isn't very good. They absolutely wasted the opportunity they had with Knepper on the show. I still like it but its certainly not that great of a show. The latest episode was more like stargate though imo.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
      Probably because the writing for the show isn't very good. They absolutely wasted the opportunity they had with Knepper on the show. I still like it but its certainly not that great of a show. The latest episode was more like stargate though imo.
      But writing in last episode was bad, because of to many plot holes.

Comment

Just watched the episode again and have got an answer for question 1. Destiny was waiting for the shuttle to get back, when they'd docked the crew were just deciding what to do when the seed ship showed up. Looking at this, they only had a minute or so thinking time, not very long, maybe give it a couple more minutes they would've realised about the star but before there just wasn't alot of thinking time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikec3 View Post
          I wont disagree with you there. I just meant in terms of entertainment. I enjoyed the space battles. They were an aspect of sga and the later seasons of sg1 that i really enjoyed.

Comment

I would imagine that Rush wasn't changed because the 'blues' didn't want to risk damaging their only source of information on Destiny and/or the Ancients. I would think they simply used him to obtain Intel.

Imagine you found a computer database on a foreign planet you were exploring. Is your first instinct to take it apart, learn how it works, put it back together with some new upgrades? Or would it be to try and access the information it contains; to get the answers to questions you've been asking for a very long time?

Comment

There were no plot holes as far as I can see.

Comment

I'd be interested in knowing what these plotholes were?

Comment

Telford arriving in the middle of the battle and saying: "follow me". How did he knew, that they control the ship?

Comment

Probably an educated guess seeing as they were following Destiny and they would have seen Destiny leave the course laid out.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by kamae View Post
                      I know there are probably some obvious answers for these but:

1) Why wouldnt Young/Rush think to fly into a star anyway as a route of escape during not only that conflict but any...since its already established that, that is indeed a star-ship which draws its power from stars...maybe thats reaching

2) How long was Telford gone? How come his hair isnt longer, and no facial hair. Did the hairless aliens have shaving kits? (I remember seeing a clip in season one showing greer shaving)

3) This may have already been answered, but why wasnt Rush afflicted like Chloe.

1.) Yes on the dramatic aspects, as mentioned by others. Also, perhaps it could be explained as lack of experience in fighting a space battle. How many battles have they fought in the time they have been on Destiny? Not that many, and the ship has been at less than 100% in each of them. Maybe it just didn't occur to them. Also, where did that star come from? I don't recall anyone mentioning them being "close" to a star.

2.) As others have mentioned, Telford was gone for about a month. About the hair thing: the thing I would point out is that each person who was going on the original mission through the gate to the ninth chevron address (including Telford) had been put through an electrolysis session to remove all non-essential body hair, which included facial hair. There's a brief mention of it in the pilot episode.

3.) Why wasn't Rush altered like Chloe? There could be a number of reasons for that, however, I suspect that because she is female and therefore able to give birth, that she was chosen. Perhaps they want to create some sort of hybrid in anticipation of conquering the Milky Way, or, they are able to find out about a new species by making one of them, one of "them".

regards,
                      G.
                      Last edited by Gollumpus; 02 December 2010, 06:23 PM. Reason: typo
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

Telford arriving in the middle of the battle and saying: "follow me". How did he knew, that they control the ship?
                        That's not a plothole.

Comment

Originally posted by kamae View Post
                          I know there are probably some obvious answers for these but:

1) Why wouldnt Young/Rush think to fly into a star anyway as a route of escape during not only that conflict but any...since its already established that, that is indeed a star-ship which draws its power from stars...maybe thats reaching

2) How long was Telford gone? How come his hair isnt longer, and no facial hair. Did the hairless aliens have shaving kits? (I remember seeing a clip in season one showing greer shaving)

3) This may have already been answered, but why wasnt Rush afflicted like Chloe.
                          1) It was their first battle since cracking the master code, and they may not have thought that it could work.

2) Telford was in the pods, too. They are stasis pods, which slow the aging (and hair) processes significantly.

3) I asked that question in SGU general discussion. We have had some answers to that question. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...-through-2.09*

Comment

In response to question 2 , it was indicated by Young that Telford was gone for a month.

As for question 3, it is unknown why Rush was not afflicted.
                            Abbas Karimjee
                            www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
                            The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              May be there research into Rush mind showed that he would be able counter act the programme much easier or perhaps his own mind would actually understand the blue programming an so tell the crew what eactly there plan is be he is under there full control.

So they used rush as a template to work off of to modify chloe..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                So they used rush as a template to work off of to modify chloe..
                                Oh dear, disturbing images are entering my mind of a Chloe/Rush hybrid ... or at the least Rush's intelligence in Chloe's body ..

N.C

Comment

Working...
                                X