X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEKY View Post
    hello all
    SGU last episode was very interesting. I love SGU. Please tell me where you be next episode? I know that now because of Christmas break.
    Probably April
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Probably April
      What is much more to it for long. It can not stand it until then. Otherwise, thank you for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Probably April

No... it can't be that long...

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post

No... it can't be that long...
          exactly, it's too long

Comment

April? ARRRGGHHHH!
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I am already working on my personal time-dilation device to speed up time unitl April. Good luck getting there lol.

Comment

Can we share in that.??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Can we share in that.??
                  ...maybe. It depends on whether or not I can get the Asgard core working in time. It might not even be done until next year's mid-season finale . Besides, I'll need a ZPM, or Destiny's star power.

Comment

oops...false memory
                    Last edited by alexkont; 18 February 2011, 01:36 AM.
                    -Why did the chicken cross the Moebius strip?
                    -To get to the same side!

Comment

Originally posted by alexkont View Post
                      I wonder what happens of lt. scott... being sucked into space and stuff
                      Eh?

Comment

Loved it much much moe the second time around now!!!! I treasure every sg:u episode that I own...
                        sigpic

Comment

Great episode, loved it. So much drama!
                          sigpic

Comment

Holy crap this was a great episode. The greatest of the Series, maybe the whole franchise.

Notes:
                            • The Visual Effects were just amazing in this one
                            • Joel's Score was amazing, especially near the end
                            • The look of horror on Park's face during the battle

Monday, how will Destiny be saved? What was Chloe doing?
                            sigpic

Comment

A combination of the SGU dramatic style with the mid-season finale flairs of SG1/SGA, this seems to be the first season finale to actually do something exciting and yet bore me halfway through.

To be fair I've always disliked the space battles that Stargate has shown, they always feel like a slow boring drawl of space floating around in a computer generated environment with tons of laser beams and the occasional Star Wars camera shot; this is no different from previous space battles and I find it quite odd that such a battle like this would be in SGU. This is supposed to be the moment where Destiny is under all out attack and yet the shots fired and the ships floating around space can't seem to match the intensity inside.

There's actually an errie feeling in the beginning with the warships, diverging from the path was a decent philosophical decision even though it's never mentioned again and the amount of VFX they used sold the emotion. The tensity that comes from Greer and Scott exploring the place signifies a step in the right direction for the episode and suggests that something awesome is going to happen.

And then the drones attack; I am amazed at how they wait until everybody was on the ship before they started attacking and man do Scott and Greer move slow. It actually took up a major portion of the episode that could of gone to better things, I'm all for drama but I'm also all for purpose and to me, seeing guys run away on a ship is not purpose.

I called the Drones automated the first time around and without personality and this is true as all they are are just floating ships. I would come to admire them for the futility and versatility they would shown but they're missing something that makes any Stargate villian/adversary memorable and that's a personality, even the Wraith had some form of culture that wasn't just sucking the lifeforce using their hands. The versility shown here compared to the last 2 SGU episodes is lacking; these don't feel like the threat that SGU would do anything to escape, yet... and because of that they're introduction is disapointing.

The characters do handle the edge well for the most part. Eli is realistic in his performance while Chloe manages to utilize the uncertainty and fear in order to play a major part in the episode and to draw people in; Young leads and while the way he leads may be similar to past SG episodes, I'm willing to let it slide mainly because it fits in with the style of SGU and because he manages to put some humanity into it. Scott and TJ hold themselves through gracefully with the progression of plots that they have, there may be some emotional development in these plots that I'm not aware of but for the most part they just felt there, as if to create a consistent family feeling.

I seem to be one of the few people to not be a big fan of Telford as I thought his appearance here added nothing to the table. That's funny, he's acted by Lou Diamond Phillips and everything and yet here it seems like a 3rd-rate-actor is delivering the lines. I'm not dissing his appeal, I'm just at a loss as to what makes him popular.
                              Back from the grave.

Comment

YOUNG: Eli, I want you to broadcast a message.
                                WALLACE: In Ancient?
                                YOUNG: Ancient, English, Bat Signal, whatever else you've got. Tell them we are not a threat.

A great episode. How the "....very curious race" (O'Neill in 'The Fifth Race) get themselves into trouble yet again! Even when I watched this the first time round I was saying...... don't change course, don't!!!

Still makes me wonder why humans will always go and explore a debris field floating in space, it's a debris field for a good reason! What the hell though, you know there is going to be some action and sure enough we get it and Destiny gets a battering again. Loved how the simulation brought the terrifying truth home to the horror of everyone.

Of course rewatching doesn't have that great surprise that the appearance of the seed ship and Telford's unexpected survival brought. I love it too that the aliens are the ones that get one up on the 'heroes' by double crossing them first, leaving them in dire straits, makes a refreshing change from the people from Earth coming out on top every time! In SGU they really have to work for things!

Comment

Working...
                                X