This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
    yes, but this is precisely why I'm so bothered by the shuttle scenes.
    Well, in any other SG situation, that's what they would have done. They would have taken the shuttle to go and explore the damaged vessels and find out what happened. It may not have been in the perfect manner that it was portrayed (I think they did a good job of it, though, and I really like the new shuttle), but they had to explore the wreckage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
      Also the engines had to be disabled for the cliffhanger at the end. Destiny can't escape.
      That would be bad wouldn't it: the next episode they are already in FTL and explain that they destroyed the control ship and don't mention it any further

Comment

I love that so far over 50% of people mark it as a 10!!! Lets keep that number up!
        sigpic
        Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
        O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
        Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
        O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

I would give it a 8.5/10, but there is no option, but because of the return of Telford will give it a 9/10. Excellent episode, but not the best of the season.
          sigpic

Comment

I gave it a 9. It was great but not perfect
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

¤º`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°Rated 9°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤

There was too much. It was about 3 episodes in one. That falls under flow problem. I would have given it a 6.5-7 if they would have cheaped on the presentation of everything. The scenes were all just so pretty.

Episode one - explore junkyard
              Episode two - seedship rescue and stardive escape
              Episode three - betrayal, attack new enemy

Comment

I gave it an 8

I felt like we made too many tactical mistakes to give it a 9 or 10
                -Young sending them into a battlefield less than a day old
                -Not waiting for the computer simulations to complete
                -Letting Chloe escape so easily
                -Trusting the aliens so quickly
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                  I gave it an 8

I felt like we made too many tactical mistakes to give it a 9 or 10
                  -Young sending them into a battlefield less than a day old
                  -Not waiting for the computer simulations to complete
                  -Letting Chloe escape so easily
                  -Trusting the aliens so quickly
                  I was under the impression that the battlefield was very old, not a day

Comment

I gave it a 9. My only problem with it was that I didn't think the "flow" of the episode worked as well as it might have.

Just as an example, Telford's exposition about his time with the Ursini broke up the pace of the episode.

Still, it was a very good episode. I loved Rush's weird talk with Eli - I know he was trying to help, and goodness knows if anyone on the ship knows exactly what Eli is feeling, it is probably Rush, but he really lacks social graces, doesn't he? Still, there is something about honesty and telling it like it is that is really helpful in hard times.
                    sigpic
                    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I gave a generous 8. Very good episode. The first half was a bit slow, but then it got actions and development for Chloe. Telford coming back and interaction with aliens (well alien ships) with their own motives. I gave, or could give, episodes like pathogen sabotage, 3 or 4. This episode is up there with Awakening as favorites of the season.
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

7 is the best I can do and that's being somewhat generous. I've enjoyed a number of eps this first half more than this one.

I'm with others that the flow of this ep was problematic. Biggest problem was that the stuff with the shuttle was wasted screen time. They could have still had that in the story since it was a plot device, but while they are doing nothing over there, do something else on screen on Destiny...or have made that more interesting. Happy to see Telford back.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Well, its official. For me Malice & Cloverdale (yes I loved it) is the best episode of the first ten seasons of season two. Resurgenece I give 8/10
                          sigpic

Comment

I gave it an 8 but it probably have given it a 7. Not as good as the Trial and Error through Visitation episodes.

There didn't really feel like there was any meat to the episode. The space battle was cool, but we never saw any aliens - why do I care about this battle? The whole shuttle thing took ages considering it didn't build to anything. Plus Telfords return was rushed - nobody cared that he wasn't dead? Not even Young? Also the Ursini NEEDED to be shown this episode so we actually cared about their characters, it kind of crippled the whole story. Plus did anyone else find a bunch of drones swarming destiny to just be a little dull?

So yeh not the biggest fan of this episode, although the scene where the two ships dived into the sun was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
                              Plus Telfords return was rushed - nobody cared that he wasn't dead? Not even Young? Also the Ursini NEEDED to be shown this episode so we actually cared about their characters, it kind of crippled the whole story. Plus did anyone else find a bunch of drones swarming destiny to just be a little dull?
                              They had a scene were Telford came on board, and Young was hugging him and asking questions and the such. The Ursini were shown in the Telford flashbacks.

The drones were a complete left field plot device. The writers might as well have thrown in the replicators, because that is pretty much what they described. They started with the smurfs, then the browns, and now they're to the berzerkers? wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                                I was under the impression that the battlefield was very old, not a day
                                Indeed, that is what I thought as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X