What is Rush up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
    Who else was he to blame? He'd have to reveal the bridge, otherwise, and Chloe was already under guard.
    Yep, that was an opportunity well-spotted and seized by Rush I can't help but enjoy how good he is at lying.

(Sorry that I was a bit vague on my opinion of this before, hence the misunderstanding)
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I think the primary motive for all Rush's behavior is his desire to complete the destiny mission, not returning to earth.
      He tries to frame Young and he kept the control room secret for the same reason, if the other people find about the room all what they do is trying to get home, and Rush want to go forward to complete the mission.

Comment

This episode show's Rush once again on the bridge of Destiny, bringing it in and out of FTL in areas with no stargates. He would then make a course correction. Franklin made reference to the countdown clock, not being easy to manipulate.
        What is Rush up to?
        sigpic

Comment

They explain that quite well. He's trying to learn how to control the ship but having a hard time doing it. The fact that the ship was not designed to be run by one man hasn't helped.

Comment

The course corrections are a result of his failed attempts to control the clock.

Comment

It probably doesn't help that the majority of the ship's systems are still locked out and Rush is having to try and operate the ship with only half the buttons working, so to speak. It'll be interesting to see how everyone deals with his knowledge and use of the bridge when it eventually comes out...

the men cheered, the women fainted, the children waved multicoloured flags !!!!

Comment

What's with this edge of universe stuff? AFAIK destiny has only crossed from one galaxy into another so far. Travelling between two galaxies is hardly covering the whole universe now is it?

zainea13s bit about the point in space sounds more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by seishuuu View Post
                  It probably doesn't help that the majority of the ship's systems are still locked out and Rush is having to try and operate the ship with only half the buttons working, so to speak. It'll be interesting to see how everyone deals with his knowledge and use of the bridge when it eventually comes out...
                  When everyone else finds out what Rush has been hiding, what's the appropriate "punishment" for what Rush has been doing when he's the one the crew apparently needs the most?

Comment

Rush may not be actually crazy, but he definitely has major issues. He should know better than to try and handle all of this by himself. He could end up screwing up big time, and the consequences would affect everyone on-board Destiny.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      When everyone else finds out what Rush has been hiding, what's the appropriate "punishment" for what Rush has been doing when he's the one the crew apparently needs the most?
                      Needed or not, I would lock him up. He has proven time and again he really can't be trusted. Rush manipulates everything.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Rush isn't crazy, but he is pretty dangerously obsessed. His actions up till now can be somewhat justified. He couldn't have known that the shuttle would crash and that someone would die as a result. And it can be argued that if he hadn't disconnected Destiny from the seed ship than Destiny would have lost power. Granted, each of these situations may have been avoided if Rush had acted differently, but there was no way he could have anticipated what happened in either case.

The whole thing with Chloe, however, is going beyond what could be considered justifiable. Chloe is changing in a way that no one understands. Rush claiming she is cured not only puts Chloe in quite a bit of unknown danger, but potentially puts him and everyone on the ship in danger if what she changes into becomes a threat.
                        sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

The universe has no edge anyway. Nor does it have a center.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Suspended sentence

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth View Post
                              He's obsessed to the point that he'd frame people for murder and risk the lives of people he knows and lives with. What's more, he justifies it. I don't think he's imagining his dead wife or Franklin. I think Franklin is real and his wife is a side-effect of his time in the chair. The man isn't normal, he obviously needs counseling. Seems to be heading to a second breakdown.
                              he recovered from the first one?
                              I agree totally, you've just described my long standing theory almost word for word.

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                                This was Rush's "treefrog" episode (Lost fans will get the reference) just when you think he's coming around its a glaring reminder that he's still a *******.
                                lol, yeah i can see that. he reminds me of locke sometimes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X