Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Eli the most valuable person on the ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion Eli is a Problem Solver he is able to think outside the box and come up with solutions.

That is the best form of Intelligence anyone can have.
    Anyone can read a book or be taught to think a certain way and apply that knowledge to come up with answers but someone who can do it naturally like Eli is far more valuble.

I wouldn't say that he is the most valuble because everyone has their own skill set.

Comment

yes
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The fact that Eli is the new Mckay makes SGU very unbeliveable. For a show that is trying to be more realistic than sg1 and sga i find his character very weak.

Comment

why so unbelievable?
          History has shown us that there are kids out there who can cut it with the best of them. A very select few have graduated from university at 12 or 13 years of age.
          Not that i am saying Eli is one of them.

If anything Mckay's Character was unrealistic because the guy could literally do anything. He was able to use tech that was still probably 100s of thousands of years superior to ours. there is Smart and then there is Unrealistic and McKay fell into the latter category a fair bit.

Comment

Originally posted by hassel View Post
            The fact that Eli is the new Mckay makes SGU very unbeliveable. For a show that is trying to be more realistic than sg1 and sga i find his character very weak.
            He is not the new Mckay, he still didn't almost blown up Destiny, and does not think he is the one.
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

He might not be the most valuable, but he is pretty high up there. His skillset is most often required in the various problems the crew faces. Granted he is still a long way behind Rush who is able to perceive and solve problems through a ridiculously well honed logical approach, but Eli is certainly critical in understanding the Destiny and making it do things. In any situation I think Rush would immediately want Eli on the bridge, but for the fact that Eli does whatever Young tells him to do, which Rush probably considers naive.

Comment

Silver Screen edition of Trivial Pursuit. Everyone wants him on their team. He kicks ass...

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                  He is not the new Mckay, he still didn't almost blown up Destiny, and does not think he is the one.
                  Nor does he work miracles when his 'a@@ is on the line.

Comment

True. Also why hasn't Eli summoned to the Rush's Math Corridor? He is supposed to be better than Rush at this things.
                    sigpic
                    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

True. Also why hasn't Eli summoned to the Rush's Math Corridor? He is supposed to be better than Rush at this things.
                      maybe for precisely that reason, that he could possibly be better than Rush at those things - and harder to blackmail than Blueberry Chloe
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Because Eli had to do some important personal stuff at that time.

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                        maybe for precisely that reason, that he could possibly be better than Rush at those things - and harder to blackmail than Blueberry Chloe
                        Do you really believe Young would miss the opportunity to compromise Rush with Eli's know-how, if this would be that easy. He could show Eli this hall when he's time for that. Eli might be the Genius Rush is not, but some problems aren't even for a genius not that easy-wizard-like to solve.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                          Do you really believe Young would miss the opportunity to compromise Rush with Eli's know-how, if this would be that easy. He could show Eli this hall when he's time for that. Eli might be the Genius Rush is not, but some problems aren't even for a genius not that easy-wizard-like to solve.
                          I definitely think that Eli is going to be shown that corridor, but the post I was responding to was asking why Rush hadn't shown him, not why anyone else would or wouldn't show him.

I don't really see Young as seeking to compromise Rush so much as Young seeking a check on Rush's current power to do things without any sort of balance or accountability.
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I think the hallway was just created about an hour before Chloe saw it, just to keep some of the suspicion off of Rush for his absenses. Eli will likely see it eventually. Whether or not the walls have been scrubbed by that time is the real question.

McKay wasn't all that believable. Mainly because he was "allowed" to do almost anything. How many on Destiny have their travel plans already mapped out days in advance? Their rations calculated down to the minimum amount. When to sleep, when to work, given that there is no solar rotation on a space ship. Which is about the only factors that I know of, that could lead to a mutiny, like the one in season one. The lattitude given all is pretty laxed in SG1 and SGA. How many did we see get administratively adjusted for the worse because of their actions in those series. Where on SGU, Chloe is acting weird, and heals too fast, lock her up, I don't want her going anywhere... Where shepperd, ford, and other have had biological alterations and weren't treated as a threat that quickly.

Eli has a natural ability, which is needed. More so than most, if not all other crew members. Not that he has had as many opportunities to flaunt his skills like Rush has. But Eli is responsible for a lot of firsts. First to solve the gate power equation. First to find the Kinos. First to use the elevator to go to the front of the ship. First to submit the sling shot math. First to do the time capsule thing. He's had a few distractions, snooping the crew to help the micro-manager. So he is a little behind Rush. But his learning curve towards what needs to be known is much quicker than Rush's. And in that respect, if they wish to get home in their lifetimes, he's their best answer. And therefor the most important as the whole expedition means nothing if nothing worthwhile gets returned to earth by the end of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Joben View Post
                              She was talking him up to get them to let his mother on board, nothing more
                              Maybe not,

The argument generally is that either Eli or Rush are the smartest and while it obviously takes a team effort (Park and Volker etc.) them two are really the main problem solvers. So you have the two smartest people on the ship and 1) Eli said it himself how much he wants to get home to his mom and 2)Rush clearly wants to stay on Destiny and doesn't care how.

So in terms of getting home Eli probably is the most valuable person on the ship.
                              LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
                              Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
                              99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                                Perhaps eli would figure out that the place is linked to the bridge and therefore his secret would be out.

Comment

Working...
                                X