Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not put a tok'ra in Eli's Mom, or a symbiote. That'll cure her. After watching 15 years of Stargate, the realism kinda goes out the window for me. Thankfully in this day and age HIV is not an automatic death sentence. So they portrayed that nicely.
    sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode a lot, but I liked Awakening more. The Eli and his mom scenes were really good; and Chloe might actually become more interesting so thats a plus. This was a really good emotional episode; and the stones were actually used well. I still like whats going on with Rush even if the character seems to be going further away from doing the right thing; its keeping things interesting for me.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Why not put a tok'ra in Eli's Mom, or a symbiote. That'll cure her.
        I'll go with the strained relationship we have with the Tok'ra
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          and what happen to jack.
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

What was that stuff that Teal'c used to take? That was used to replace his immunity system. As you know HIV/AIDS is a Immune deficiency virus. So problem solved.
            sigpic

Comment

What was that stuff that Teal'c used to take? That was used to replace his immunity system. As you know HIV/AIDS is a Immune deficiency virus. So problem solved.
              We can't use alien technology for everyone with security clearence.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

While the last episode, Awakening, was pretty good. This episode was Horrible with a big H. Incredibly boring.

Last week episode Awakening 7/10

This week minus the last 30 sec 2/10

This week plus the last 30 sec 3/10

I very much like the end of it. I like the way Rush and Chloe will work together..."if she values her freedom." That is just great!!
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

We can't use alien technology for everyone with security clearence.
                  Oh but it is ok to let her use the stones to see the ship.
                  sigpic

Comment

Even if she told someone about that, no one would believe her. By contrast, curing a supposedly incurable disease might raise some heads. I agree, though. Make an exception and call it a miracle or something. Stranger things have happened.

Comment

Thier isn't a big risk for her to use the stone versus asking the Tok'ra for some tretoin. If they would even give us some
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Let's see, Pathogen.

The Wray storyline is just as boring and annoying as anything. It's written realistically enough that it's just awkward to see so much of. I am glad Eli's mom reacted the way she did, about time someone did. It also gave an opportunity for the Destiny families support group to start and for Wray to redeem herself a bit. I hope Eli ends up being a bridge between Wray and the civilians and the military so that eventually the crew will gell.

Now the Chloe story seemed to go quite fast. Rush was pretty creepy when it was his turn, it was pretty obvious he had ulterior motive. I think his plan such as it is, is extremely risk. Chloe is turning into a blueberry alien and now she's got a close connection to the ship and you're going to keep things under control by use of BLACKMAIL? Yeesh. That's going to work. Sure.

Rush seems to really be losing it. His pathological inability to depend on anyone but himself--admittedly he is not surrounded by a great group--is going to result in a tremendous trainwreck, that seems clear. At least it gives Chloe something to do other than break Eli's heart and whine to Scott.

Finally, no lyrical montage just instrumental! I can get behind that. Anyhow, I thought the episode was solid with the exception of Wray' storyline. I'd give it a 6.5-7/10.

Comment

Thier isn't a big risk for her to use the stone versus asking the Tok'ra for some tretoin. If they would even give us some
                          Why would we ask the Tok'ra? This is something that is keeping Teal'c alive and vital to the survival of most Jaffa. You don't think the SGC would have gotten the recipe? In fact, they absolutely must have it, because Sam was able to replicate it with the Asgard transporters in "Unending". Even if they don't have it in the main timeline, that only proves it would be trivially easy to replicate.

Comment

I really liked this episode, it was a nice builder episode for events to come. I am intrigued to see where they are going with Chloe, and I don’t like Rush using her. But on Rush, is it me or does it seem like while he still does these underhanded things, that he seems like he feels bad about doing them?

I also liked how they handled Eli and his mom, and I did not see them bringing her to the ship so I was pleasantly surprised by that. I also liked seeing Wray get bossy, I think she needs to do that more with Young.

I don’t get why people seems to have a problem with the Wray/Sharon story, I like that they are showing the effects of Wray being trapped on Destiny is having on their relationship. And of course I simply like the fact that the one stable relationship is the lesbian one.

@SupremeLegate
                            Apogee Institute
                            Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

The episode seemed a little disjointed for me, and for once I actually did not like the stone use. Until this episode I have not had a problem with them at all, unlike many. But in this episode I felt it was simply a distraction from the storyline that should have been expanded upon; Chloe's transformation. While I can't say this was a bad episode, it was however an episode that really just left me more empty, as if the episode was interrupted. I think one true and honest criticism of this show is that it ideally would fit a cable channel like HBO or Starz better in that they allow longer per episode. I think if they had a full 60+ minutes to do this episode right it would have felt better. Instead it just seemed to jump from story to story. That worked fine in previous Stargate shows when it really was just 4 characters, but this show's expanded cast almost calls for longer per episode viewing. It works great when watching on DVD, but live it kind of sucks. Oh well.

Lastly, I think Simeon's character is going to be a hell of a lot more complex than many thought. I have to say that I was apprehensive when he was originally cast, but after tonight's episode I see it as a brilliant casting decision.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                                Why would we ask the Tok'ra? This is something that is keeping Teal'c alive and vital to the survival of most Jaffa. You don't think the SGC would have gotten the recipe? In fact, they absolutely must have it, because Sam was able to replicate it with the Asgard transporters in "Unending". Even if they don't have it in the main timeline, that only proves it would be trivially easy to replicate.
                                Having the recipe and the ability to create are two separate things. Thier was never any proof that we can create tretoin so I have to go with the status quo is we borrow it from the Tok'ra.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X