This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
    I think it's the definition of who "her people" are that's changing. There was a time when "her people" weren't on the Destiny and she did what she did for the IOA. I think that's been changing.
    As far as I've seen it, "her" people are mainly the civilians on Destiny. The soldiers have their back up with Young, the civilians had nobody in the beginning. She must have abandonment the idea the IOA could back up her position on Destiny very soon, cos de facto she's alone on Destiny, no back up there, from nobody. Her only job up to that point ("Space") was to pass Young's orders to the civilians, and inform them, what they have to do, or have not to do. So she must came at least after "Justice" to the point where she saw the non military part of Destiny's crew as "her" people. I think, she changed her approach at that time, not the first time here with Eli. But the difference is, this time she was successful, and her position had some kind of value.
    Last edited by Artemis-Neith; 25 October 2010, 11:27 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I'd love it if Wray notices Young's drinking and either does nothing about it or actively encourages it in order to secure her own power base. More character manipulation. Rush has his Chloe and Wray has her Young.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        I'd love it if Wray notices Young's drinking and either does nothing about it or actively encourages it in order to secure her own power base. More character manipulation. Rush has his Chloe and Wray has her Young.
        Rush, and Chloe? Yes, definitely. Wray, and Young? I doubt that. Young is not the man who let somebody manipulate him this easy. I guess, he will stop drinking at some point in the nearer future, and go back to business as usual. I don't know about that, but I'm confident for him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
          In all fairness he or has that right to want to see it cancelled. Why should he care about those of us who watch the show?
          He certainly has the right to want to see the show canceled, and in return, Callie and anyone else has the right to find that wish extremely unkind. If you don't like a show that others do like, all you have to do is not watch it. To wish it canceled is basically to say that you would like to make other people unhappy. That, by any definition, is unkind.
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
            Rush, and Chloe? Yes, definitely. Wray, and Young? I doubt that. Young is not the man who let somebody manipulate him this easy. I guess, he will stop drinking at some point in the nearer future, and go back to business as usual. I don't know about that, but I'm confident for him.
            He's turning into a drunk. At least, that's what the not-so-subtle director of each episode seems to be showing us. He's already 'letting' alcohol manipulate him. A few drinks might make him willing to listen to and follow Wrays 'suggestions'.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
              I think it's the definition of who "her people" are that's changing. There was a time when "her people" weren't on the Destiny and she did what she did for the IOA. I think that's been changing.
              I am wondering when it changed though.

Comment

Probably during Life; her visit with Sharon really humanized the whole situation IMHO and it became "get these people home" instead of "make sure the IOA has a stake in what's happening on the ship".

Or it could've been even earlier in Earth, when the IOA's plan nearly destroyed Destiny.

Comment

This episode was a 50-50 for me, it wasn't so good as the ones before but I enjoy the Alliance thing with Varro and Simeon, and although I really haven't like the use SGU give to the stones, the story between Eli and her mother was one of the best thing of this episode. But I have notice that in SGU the episodes concentrated on the stones tend to be more boring, or more the way they use the stones.(Except with the episode when Young connects to the alien). It was too slow for my taste.
                  They hit us with guns, bazookas, tear gas, tanks, APVs, helicopters, rockets. I'm pretty sure at least one of them used really harsh language.
                  --Markus--

Comment

1. Rush is scummier than ever.

2. Eli should have seen this problem with his Mum coming - extra rations for Wray - stroke of genius to use the stones to get her up there.

3. Man, you know Varro's dead!

4. OK, we've now pretty much confirmed Chloe's turning into a Blue - chair's surely done something though. What?
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRick View Post
                      This episode moved a little slower than I was expecting.
                      Might have something to do with those wretched stones. LOL. I just avoided the stones (wound the recording on as you do). Both SG1 and Atlantis had a way of getting home and making the home sequences part of the whole series. Here they seem too far away to really make MOST home scenes unviable. Nice to see Chloe have an acting break and have something interesting happen to her.

Comment

Watched this again today and I just love it. Every bit. Such a magnificent look at the people on the ship and those around them, so much great interplay between the crew, so many seeds sown. Brilliant stuff.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cool episode! I'm wondering why Wray gets so much home time, surely she's not the only member of the crew who has a spouse or partner at home. I still think Rush should come forward about that bridge, and I sure wonder what'sin store for Chloe...
                          sigpic

Comment

I was wondering how many folks on Destiny had a spouse or other at home. But the nature of their work, maybe not as many as average, the geeky scientist thing you know.
                            I know, Rush is cruising for a bruising!
                            sigpic

Comment

Again. Young beat him up pretty good already...

Oh, I don't know... I expect most geeky scientists have families just like other people.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good episode.

Those aliens did something to Chloe. They made her useful, that what they did.

I like how they let Eli's mom see him in the flesh.

Rush is still kind of an ass.

Tomorrow, now something's wrong with Scott.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X