Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW IN canada this is a major SPOILER THREAD lol ... i know its soo hard not to look though !!
    sigpic
    Kenton Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Kenton-Atlantis View Post
      WOW IN canada this is a major SPOILER THREAD lol ... i know its soo hard not to look though !!
      Generally the general discussion thread for an episode is a major spoiler thread for that episode. I would advise against entering such a thread for any episode you haven't watched.

Anyhow...
      Rush's Awesome Tunnel Of Math (RATOM). In the season trailers, I had thought that the RATOM was just some hallucinatory world Rush had entered like in Human, and that somehow Chloe had entered it too. I wasn't expecting it to be an actual place in the ship. Nifty.
      (I think I'll head over to the Where is Destiny Headed thing to continue the infiniteness of the universe discussion.)
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Orion475 View Post
        What's with Sharon and Eli's mother?
        Sharon is clearly under Lucian Alliance mind control and is about to start a sexual relationship with Eli's mom while Eli and Wray are trapped aboard Destiny.
        Spoiler:
        OK, seriously... They're forming a Those Left Behind club to help deal with having their loved ones stranded a few billion light years away. It makes sense that they should have someone non-military and non-IOA to talk to about how they're feeling.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

best ep of the season so far
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            best ep of the season so far
            So far, being the key phrase. Although the other episodes had some interesting moments and revelations, Eli and his mother scenes were priceless.
            Everytime I watch it, I can't stop from getting teary eyed.
            The only thing that would made it better would have been a few more seconds to the final hug, and then a cut to commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Uh, considering that they've been together 12 years, I'm pretty sure they've been stable for a long time.

It's only been unstable since Wray is now on the other side of the Universe - a pretty good reason, if you ask me.
              I've been married 26 years. I think I'm qualified to opine that they're both immature. My wife's a uterine cancer survivor and our relationship did not become "unstable". In fact, our relationship grew deeper than ever. So, now everyone knows not to come to you for relationship advice based in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
                That's a cute try, however, just like a moon orbiting earth, IF there are no boundaries, and IF it's speed is never decreased, the distance it could travel IS infinite. It would never stop orbiting the earth.

If the Universe is finite, then where ever it ends would be the boundary, the edge.
                Whatever exists beyond would have to be called something.
                There doesn't have to be an end. You're still not getting this. If 3D space is curved, which we're pretty sure it is, then you could travel in any direction for as long as you wanted and you'd end up back where you started, just like the 2D surface of a ball.
                Last edited by KEK; 22 October 2010, 02:59 AM.

Comment

I liked it. Although I liked last episode much more! I loved the Eli & Mom part as well as the Greer & Simeon part. I dont get why they dont use the character of Simeon more. Kinda surprising that the actor accepted his role because he his clearly very underused. I hope we see more of him this season otherwise it would have been a waste of money to hire robert knepper. I liked rush & cloe... and my god, was Young calm this episode . Wray getting some sympathie points from me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                    To be fair, things like that happened in the past, for example in Bounty attendees of Cam's high school reunion were told in "an open area", as was Cam's dying friend in Stronghold.
                    Which was right after a battle with LASERS and ships with funky rings teleporting people had just happened right in front of them all.

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                    Besides, I'm not sure if Eli broke the NDA. I mean in Earth he was given a choice: he could either tell his mom the truth or not, and he chose not to. But the fact that he could back then tells me, that his mom had been cleared.
                    I don't remember seeing any thing from Earth where he go told he could brief his mom.. Which would have meant SHE also would have had to sign the NDA back then.

They modified Chloe really fast! They must have been preparing to do it to Rush but decided to do her instead.
                    I am thinking they tried but cause of his 'resistance' to their mind probing, realized he would be much more useful as is.. Heck they could have left him as is after scanning his brain and figuring out how 'kiniving he is' and making chloe into what she is going towards would leave an opening for 'help' rush could not overlook.. thereby getting them their way into the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

I don't remember seeing any thing from Earth where he go told he could brief his mom.. Which would have meant SHE also would have had to sign the NDA back then.

EARTH. Eli is sitting in a car with Major Green. They have parked outside Eli's house.

WALLACE: She's not gonna understand. She can barely follow an episode of "Star Trek"!

GREEN: You don't have to tell her.
                      Its pretty clear he was given authority to tell his mother about where he is. He just chose not too.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by BadOnion View Post
                        The universe is not infinite.
                        Perhaps you need to watch Avalon again! (SG-1 season 9)

"There is only one truth: the universe is infinite"

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Which was right after a battle with LASERS and ships with funky rings teleporting people had just happened right in front of them all.
                          Funny, I don't remember anything of the sort when Maj Ferguson was dying in a hospital and Cam decided to tell him because he felt like it (Stronghold).

As jelgate said:

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Its pretty clear he was given authority to tell his mother about where he is. He just chose not too.
                          Exactly. There's also this dialogue:

CHLOE/MCCORMACK
                          Eh…okay. How'd your mom take it?

ELI/WILLIAMS
                          Couldn't do it. I told her I was a co-worker.
                          Regardless of whether you remember it or not, Eli obviously could tell his mom what was going on.
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I give the episode 8/10.
                            Love the fact we finally get to see the the toll it take on people get left behind, like Eli´s Mom and Wray´s girlfriend. Great acting from David Blue. I think it shows also a softer side of Camille, was great how she helped Eli out. So Wray is not just a self-absorbed IOA puppet, she slowly grow as human being.
                            Rush get a bit more sneaky every episode, wonder how the crew will react when they find out he cause more than one big problem with flying the ship around.
                            Interesting direction Chloe´s character take and I am curious how that will affect her relationship with Scott and how (if) they gonna resolve that problem.
                            That Simeon guy likes to have trouble and Greer waits till he´ll do something stupid, again.
                            The pissed Brody and Park where also funny.

Rush don´t answer the radio.
                            Park: That is getting ridiculous
                            Brody: No, that getting old very fast.

Cool episode with great directing, Robert Carlyle knows how to capture the subtle moments.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                              Interesting direction Chloe´s character take and I am curious how that will affect her relationship with Scott and how (if) they gonna resolve that problem.
                              Well, the last time Scott was this enamored with Cloe, she betrayed him in 'Divided'.
                              So, don't be surprised if she does it again.
                              For filler episodes, this was pretty good one.
                              You won't get many resolution till the mid-season cliffhanger. The writers are building. we just have to stay on the ride till they show us. Hopefully it will be worth t.

Cool episode with great directing, Robert Carlyle knows how to capture the subtle moments.
                              They gave RC an easy one to direct. Most competent directors would have done just as well. The writing was excellent. This episode was equivalent to slow pitching a softball to Hank Aaron.
                              The Eli and mother story was bound to be resolved this way.
                              I thought that Eli was going to demand this resolution from Young/O'Neill.
                              Instead they used Wray, Just as well.

The scene following Eli/Mother hug perfectly illustrates Young and Rush characters.
                              Young gave the credit for Eli's mother visit where it belonged. Not even a moment of hesitation in telling the truth, followed right away by Rush lying and scheming to further his goal.

Comment

All,

I was a bit bored so thought I would do a blow by blow of the episode, if you are in the UK you will understand some of my quotes a little more. This kept me going through the episode thankfully so here it is.

0:00 - The usual "previously on SGU"
                                1:00 - 5 second view of the ship (warning SCI-FI element so must be removed ASAP)
                                1:05 - its the latest couple of episodes of coronation street (ala David Platt blacking out and not remembering where or what he is doing), expect Chloe to have Epilepsy and start crashing cars in to people any day now.
                                2:50 - 4:15 - rush on the bridge couple of facts lightly brushed over, again it had to be removed from screen ASAP due to SCI-FI elements
                                4:22 - Soap mode again (Eli and mum)
                                6:46 - The lesbian reunion (at least Sophie and Sian are good looking lesbians and have a sense of humour)
                                7:10 - 5 second fly by of the ship
                                7:15 - Back to the soap again, Chloe and boyfriend having a boring chat.
                                8:09 - Lesbian dinner time (at least they didn't burn the kitchen down like Sophie and Sian did in helpded to do in last weeks coronation street).
                                8:45 - releasing the prisoners (Wheres Chakotay?)
                                9:29 - Baby chat
                                9:45 - Fight between the Marque and Starfleet (oops sorry wrong SCI-FI show)
                                10:45 - Ship goes in to FTL, tiny bit of SCI-FI here.
                                11:10 - Spent too long in the SCI-FI moment, back to a chat between Bellana and Janeyway about trust (oops sorry wrong program again)
                                12:05 - We find Chloe
                                12:20 - Back to Coronation street, Sarah has lost her keys and Sian is critiscing her (oops sorry wrong program).
                                13:19 - Back to the hospital
                                15:15 - Back to ship, Chloe blacks out again (least its not in a court house like in Correie), needs a CAT scan but will have to wait on the NHS waiting list (at least David's is getting his rushed through).
                                15:53 - Back ot the hospital
                                17:34 - Chloes boyfreind finds the diary in an alien language, expect this to be brushed over and not explored too much.
                                18:18 - The Stalking of Chloe begins.
                                19:19 - Eli has a warm chat with the lesbian woman whos name I don't know.
                                20:38 - Heart to heart chat between Chloe and whatever her boyfriends name is.
                                20:56 - Shift change Rush chats to Chloe for a bit, at least it is now SCI FI related
                                22:33 - End of Scifi - Marquee visit Starfleet.
                                23:30 - Shift change again back to Chloe and boyfriend.
                                24:03 - Back to earth, here the soap gain.
                                25:03 - 2 Marquee have a disagreement
                                25:38 - 3 seconds outside the ship where we get to see a plaent, everybody say ooooooo
                                26:00 - Timer starts again, SCI- FI story line again
                                27:22 - rush confronted and takes young to his secret thinking area.
                                28:00 - Marquee starfleet fight again
                                29:41 - Back to Chloe
                                30:09 - The 2 lesbians have a heart to heart
                                32:02 - Spying on Chloe
                                32:34 - back in hospital
                                34:40 - Elis mum sent to the ship we get to see a planet up close, again everybody say ooooooo
                                36:25 - Heart to heart between Eli and Young.
                                37:00 - The chair will magically cure!
                                37:50 - Chloes going to sit in the chair, 30 seconds of near scifi action but alas nothing interesting happens.
                                38:30 - Eli thanking whatever her name is for letting his Mum coming to visit
                                39:30 - Chloes back in bed to have a quick sleep
                                39:40 - Back to earth
                                40:00 - Chloe not cured.
                                40:50 - And for tonights crappy Emo montage
                                41:30 - Rush and what we are lead to believe is the ships computer are chatting on the bridge.
                                41:50 - Back to the crappy montage
                                42:18 - Thank god it is over!

That is the end of the episode and the end of me watching SGU. I have given it chance after chance but I just can't watch this mindless soap any more.

It took me 2 attempts to watch it, the first was Wednesday when I watched 10 minutes but fast forwarded a lot of it and scrapped the idea and watched SG1 which gave me my Stargate fix and then to do the above!

I never wish this on any show but please, I am begging you cancel this show.

Comment

Working...
                                X