Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's good at pushing buttons.

Comment

im starting to think that chloe will eventually take control of her own mind in the end and help them

Comment

From what I've gathered so far I think Cloe will play a vital part when the blue guy's finaly catch up with desteny. I don't know for shure if the stuff she is writing on the wall is Ancient but I think it's not. So when they catch up she will be the only one on the ship who can read what the blue guy's are saying, maybe she can even understand their spoken language. (Would be kind of funny to actually hear her speak the alien language :-) ) Or the blues start shooting right away and there is no point in understading them who knows.

So I remain hopefull that this story ark will unfold in the near future.
        Riley: "Hey what happened to you"
        Brody: "SHUT UP!"

Eli: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Athur C. Clarke "
        Young: "Turn the Mic back on. Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
          I think it was the look on her face, she wasn't in control the way she said she was.
          Agreed. The fact she didn't even acknowledge anyone calling her, and continued pushing buttons.. showed she was not in control. I was glad eli called her on it.

However, Chloe made it very clear in this last episode that she's starting to feel in control of what is happening to her brain. Sure, this may not be the case (i.e. the blank stare when she was at the controls), or perhaps she has yet to harness it fully. Perhaps more time will show us that these changes are not actually changing Chloe's personality so much as they're changing a given skill set.
          With how easily she slipped into the fuge state and not remember what she did, i would seriously doubt she is in control in any fashion.

def i liked her as the female daniel jackson last season. smurf chloe is boring
          I did like her attempt to imitate Dr Jackson..

Comment

One of the problems I think with Chloe is that she doesn't really have another character thats in her peer group to play off of that isn't intrested in her romantically. Keeping Ginn around could have helped with that. Ginn and Chloe could have become friends, they had the fact that they were both kind of outsiders in common and maybe they could have worked together.
            My favorite Chloe scene was the one in Faith when she and TJ were talking on the planet. She needs more scenes like that, imo, to help develop her a bit. I think shes a good support person and a good friend, and I like her scenes with Eli except for the underlying romantic tension coming from Eli crushing on her. I didn't like Eli snapping at her in Malice but I understand that he was upset over Ginn. I think Chloe does have potential but she needs to be developed more but I'm not really sure if giving her alien powers is a good way to do it; I'm not particularly fond of this storyline so far, but we'll see.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
              One of the problems I think with Chloe is that she doesn't really have another character thats in her peer group to play off of that isn't intrested in her romantically. Keeping Ginn around could have helped with that. Ginn and Chloe could have become friends, they had the fact that they were both kind of outsiders in common and maybe they could have worked together.
              Good observation, I think you're right.

Most of the SGU audience is male, I don't think Chloe plays well to that group simply because the romance doesn't which covers most of the scenes Chloe is involved in on the show.

Its like "oh shes kissing/shagging/flirting with Scott again - I don't care about this".

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                My favorite Chloe scene was the one in Faith when she and TJ were talking on the planet. She needs more scenes like that, imo, to help develop her a bit. I think shes a good support person and a good friend, and I like her scenes with Eli except for the underlying romantic tension coming from Eli crushing on her. I didn't like Eli snapping at her in Malice but I understand that he was upset over Ginn. I think Chloe does have potential but she needs to be developed more but I'm not really sure if giving her alien powers is a good way to do it; I'm not particularly fond of this storyline so far, but we'll see.
                Yeah, that would have been nice. I always hoped that Chloe and TJ would develop a friendship. Moments like in "Awakening", when Chloe offered TJ to talk about her baby, or in "Subversion", when Chloe comforted a crying TJ seemed perfect for this, but it hasn't happened yet. It would be interesting to see Chloe create more relationships among the crew.
                sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Gosh you guys tell some incredibly funny Anti-Chloe jokes.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cnnrstrav View Post
                    Gosh you guys tell some incredibly funny Anti-Chloe jokes.
                    Why did the Chloe cross the road?
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      def i liked her as the female daniel jackson last season. smurf chloe is boring
                      OH I love it! A female smurf Daniel Jackson Chloe would be ever cooler though!

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        Because it's what passes for character development on SGU?

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          To get to the other side....................of the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                            Yeah, that would have been nice. I always hoped that Chloe and TJ would develop a friendship. Moments like in "Awakening", when Chloe offered TJ to talk about her baby, or in "Subversion", when Chloe comforted a crying TJ seemed perfect for this, but it hasn't happened yet. It would be interesting to see Chloe create more relationships among the crew.
                            I admire the wishful thinking

But this is Stargate and the writers either don't know how to write female characters, or don't care enough about them to give them any meaningful airtime. It took them a good few seasons to "find" Sam, and the less said about the SGA women, the better.

I remember an interview with the SGU female cast, with them praising the "strong, independent women" (or words to that effect), and look where they've ended up. Sure, there's an argument for Wray fitting the bill, especially now that she's not trying to take control for the IOA, but TJ and Chloe have been nothing (IMO) but the butt of the "women in SG" joke.

/rant

Comment

. No , I do not think so. Ultimately she is loosing her personality and her consciousness is being altered. Although she is recently able to function at as a useful individual, despite her mutation , we do know that she is not always aware of what she was doing and as her condition progresses, the aliens may gain further control of mind. This possibility leaves the ship susceptible to attack.
                              Last edited by smart; 20 November 2010, 03:43 PM.
                              Abbas Karimjee
                              www.abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com
                              The latest Stargate Atlantis, SG1 , Universe , movies and the future of Stargate news.

Comment

I kinda like the idea of Chloe completely under alien control going all evil and wreaking havoc on Destiny.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X