This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
    The look on Simeon's face when him and Rush were shooting at each other was shocking.

Simeon must have been pleased that Rush had bad aim.
    Given Simeon's personality and actions, I'd say that big smirk on his face was amusement at Rush being a bad shot, and that he actually thought he might be able to still win (because of Rush's poor aim) even though he was injured.
    sigpic

Comment

Great episode. Simeon really gave them a run for their money (but what else could you expect from a guy played by Robert Kneeper?) but ultimatley no one in SGU is as badass as Rush. Lots of new information, great scenes between Scott & Rush and the Chloe plot is moving forwar. The only thing I didn't like was the unnecessary slow motion explosion but that is really a minor complaint.

But I am really sad to see Mandy and Gin go
      In the darkness of night we hear the whispers of the void

Comment

Top episode. SGU season 2 has been a rip roaring success so far in terms of quality in my book. Only 2 crap eps out of 8, which is a great strike rate.
        sigpic

Comment

I think it was a really good episode but I can't help but think that the entire idea of getting him to spill what information he knows was ridiculously naive. Rush was right, he would of never talked and I don't buy that young/SGC would of thought he would especially since Gin probably told them something akin to "he's been playing you all along, he's lied from day one, he's threatened us if we tell the truth."

Tim

Comment

My guess is that Gin told them enough, she had some time to do so.

Comment

It was good episode. Better than pathogen or cloverdale. But...

In my best Rush voice (as if he was talking to Greer in Air III):
              "Cowboys and Indians... How quaint."

The space cows saved it IMO. And of course Super Chloe saves the day again. 2nd time this season...

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                I half-expected Rush to eject the magazine trying to kill Simeon, but that's McKay comedy and it wouldn't fit. Rush is still a terrible shot, though. I've shot guns only a few times, but even the first time I could hit a man-sized target somewhere from that distance. Rush had the perfect setup time to start, too. Then again, he was trying to draw Simeon in, and that stampede was worth it.
                IMO Rush was not even trying to hit Simeon. He wanted him to turn and come back after him to get him positioned in the middle of the canyon so that the animals would stampede him. He had already positioned the bomb to get them run in that direction. Simeon was surely first thinking that he could get rid of Rush quickly and only when he heard the animals approach he must have realized that Rush had trapped him.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                And the time clock in this episode, what the heck was going on there? Rush/Scott/Greer take shelter from Simeon shooting, the ship drops out of FTL and they have 8 hours, and then 5 minutes later back on the planet Scott calculates they only have an hour left. Then once Greer and Scott get back to the gate, James tells them they have less than 2 hours left
                They need time to walk back to the gate. The one hour Scott mentioned was not the remaining time for Destiny before jumping back into FTL, but the time they still had before they were forced to turn around and go back to the gate.
                Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

To whom it may concern: I would like to thank the person or persons in control who have decided to remove the sappy music from the show.. it was making me sick..er. <Snipped by Moderator>
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 November 2010, 03:04 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Just got through watching it. Another Robert C. Cooper classic! And to me, is paired with ''Time'' as his best SGU episodes. Goldsmith's score at the end was excellent, easily my 2nd favourte episode of the Season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                      And of course Super Chloe saves the day again. 2nd time this season...
                      Yay for magic Chloe, what will they ever do without her?

SGU is starting to get a little to depressing.

Comment

Good episode. I find it strange, however, that Ginn didn't mention anything to Eli about a possible attack on Earth shortly after they had sex. "BTW, fat ass, my buddies are going to blow up your planet. Thought you should know." The military personnel were dropping like flies, eh? Young is such a moron for risking his people's lives to capture Simeon alive because he has valuable information, blah, blah. Both Varro and Rush seem to be better leaders than Young. Rush certainly had the right idea about what needed to be done. lol

8/10
                        sigpic

Comment

Whoa! But is he really dead?! Strange things happen in space and no one can hear you scream. Hmmmmm.
                          Robert Knepper is fabulous in this role. Even though you love to hate him (Simeon), I will miss him.
                          I like the way Eli is showing the other side of his character now. He's no longer a Mama's boy dork.
                          Loved the alien dinos and that Simeon was taken down by a herd with a pack mentality. Seems a fitting end. He was laughing in Rush's face when he said he had information. He wouldn't have told anything. He was committed to die when he saw the gate open.
                          Varro/Young scene was a bit weak but I guess that needed to be put in as he (Varro) is the heir apparent for the remainder of the LA on the ship.
                          I'm going in to watch the episode in peace and quiet and see what I missed from last night.
                          This was a great episode and can't for next week.

Comment

The only reason I did not give it a 10/10 was the idea that Simeon needed to be brought back alive. He killed 4 people, wounded a few others, including Greer, and even Varro said he is dangerous. He killed Ginn to prevent any info from being leaked, you really think he would give that info away? What was the info about? An attack on Earth? Oh yeah Earth has never been attacked before, lol. So the threat of him dying with that info just did not really hold water. It should of been a manhunt from the beginning and a shoot to kill order issued by Young. I think that would of been more tense or maybe not, I dunno, lol. Maybe, have Simeon ready to kill greer and Rush from behind shoot him. That would of scored some point for Rush with Greer. But, how Simeon met his end was done very well anyway, so no complaints there.

Plus, I don't think Greer would of restrainted or tried to stop Rush if he had the opportunity to kill him while in their presence. Scott, seemed to be following orders but he also knew Simeon was too dangerous to be brought back alive.

Anyway, great character development all around.
                            sigpic

Comment

A question about the title "Malice". it means "1: desire to cause pain, injury, or distress to another and 2: intent to commit an unlawful act or cause harm without legal justification or excuse"

It is of course related to Rush who wants to hurt/kill Simeon out of revenge and without legal justification. It would relate also to Eli, who would like to do the same. But could it also apply to Simeon himself?
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                                The space cows saved it IMO.
                                Cows? I prefer to view them as hard ass roaring space rhinos!!
                                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                                X