This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oneminute View Post
    Can someone help with this please: the explosion which set off the herd happened behind Simeon, i.e. on the opposite side of the plain from where Rush was hiding. How did Rush manage to get it there? it looks far away, and Simeon seemed to have walked only a small distance between Rush spotting the herd from mountain top, and Rush setting off the explosion. I wondered if it was placed there already much earlier, but Rush can be seen taking the C4 out of the backpack when he is on the mountain top. I seem to have missed something, thanks!
    Simeon was limping fairly slow. RUsh probably circled around and planted it before running back. It is somewhat unrealistically far off, though.

Comment

Another great episode! Simeon's death was awesome, and Carlyle's performance was outstanding. He deserves a second Gemini award David Blue did also a great work. And we saw James in action! I really enjoyed Malice.

Comment

Simeon would only talk if they could get him in a room with Greer, Teal'c and Ronon.
        But that's not possible.

[edit]
        Rush got the C4 over where he needed it with his mad throwing skillz.
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
          i laughed my ass off when rush blew his brains out! epic kill!
          I'd be surprised if Full Metal Jacket wasn't your favorite movie:

"Hey Rush, we ought to put you up for the congressional medal of... ugly! Ha-ha!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cylykon View Post
            I'd be surprised if Full Metal Jacket wasn't your favorite movie:

"Hey Rush, we ought to put you up for the congressional medal of... ugly! Ha-ha!"
            that movie does indeed hold a special place in my heart. god bless R. Lee. Ermy!

Comment

Originally posted by StarShadow View Post
              Eli lost his father when he abandoned his HIV infected wife.
              very good point. everyone's saying he's never felt loss and i totally forgot about that! good call! green for you

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post

I was actually worried about Park and James. They're not in the promo photos as women of SGU and every sort of panel discussion, they're not on the panel either. I guess they could be / will be red shirted sooner or later. Which would suck if the LA destroys earth. Limited breeding potential.
                okay, i just have to share this. this is what happens with watching so much scifi...

regarding the bolded... i read it and though, 'oh, not an earth fan, so where are you from?' and i glanced over to see if it said where you were from... like you wouldn't be from earth!!
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Now this is Stargate.

They've really turned it around this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                    Amazing episode!! best yet!! amazing performances by Robert Carlyle and David Blue! This ep is a turning point for Eli I believe.. and poor Rush that is the 2nd women he loved that he has lost.. and I am so not blaming Rush for shooting Simeon.. even though it looked like he was going to spill about the attack on Earth.. but I don't think he would ever tell and if he did it would have been false info.. I am so going to miss Ginn she was a favorite of mine I hope the rest of the season is like this episode!

all people are talking about rush...hell i like his character, but well i am more concerned with eli then with rush, hell eli has only one person on the ship he can really talk to (chloe - and with her changing...well he will be alone in way, soon) because they are similar in age and background (at least a little, both went to university, both are intelligent....) and then, well i am sorry to say it, but for a nerd like eli to find a girl (even more on that spaceship!) is really hard to do (even if it's a girl as good looking as Ginn was (hell, i would not mind having her as my girlfriend) and i hope this does not do any lasting damage to him - in that context i hate that he had no chance to take that ******* simoen out himself (and it puts young on my list again because if someone would kill TJ or his wife, i am SURE that he would go after them, but then he does not let other people do the same....i can undestand his reasoning, but still, i do not like that)

as for rush going after simoen, hell i cheered when he shot that ****er (hell i would have been pistol whipping him - even wounded as he was - to death, after doing that to a woman i loved)

as for simoen killing ginn, a girl - even one from his own clan - well, i am sorry, but that man clearly was a sociopath (young should have never let that one walk and i would support him if he locked the rest of the LA back up)

well my few cents

greetings LAX

Comment

Rush's aim was crap cos he broke his glasses fiddling with the bomb (and that he needed Simeon to be in the right position for the fat merecats-meet-t-rexes to run him over), shooting him up close wouldn't be such a problem.

I got the feeling he was trying to hit him originally cos Rush looks at the gun at one point in such a way like you do in the fairground when you think the sights are off on a gun, and that the stampede was a backup plan.

Cool epp though, nice to see some peoples' alternate personalities coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        okay, i just have to share this. this is what happens with watching so much scifi...

regarding the bolded... i read it and though, 'oh, not an earth fan, so where are you from?' and i glanced over to see if it said where you were from... like you wouldn't be from earth!!
                        ???

I guess not an issue with stargate given that the galaxies are littered with humans. But for SGU where the only contact with them is via stones. Break the receiving end on that and we're left with a very limited gene pool on Destiny. And if they start getting injured and killed as fast as the last couple of episodes. SGU is going to resemble a stand up comic act soon. With only one comic. New friends... yea...

Comment

I wish Eli had gone with Rush. He had as much reason for revenge, if not more. I mean, I'm pretty sure he slept with Ginn in "The Greater Good". And he could have used the kinos to find Simeon, possibly faster than Scott and the soldiers. I do see some good character development for him as he turns into Rush 2.0.

Overall, an excellent episode. Though I really wish they hadn't killed Ginn...

Comment

This episode had its flaws but it was easily the best episode yet.
                            Scott and Greer could have acted more like soldiers instead of wandering and talking to Rush while a Sniper was gunning for them.
                            But give me some SGC Soldiers, a Gun Fight, a Desert and a Stargate and some half descent actors and don't forget some SCI FI scenes like Destiny FTL and the Keno add the time ticking away and lets not forget the Killing of Extras and I think you have a real show finally, yee ha
                            sigpic

Comment

I wish Eli went too and got shot in the leg, that is the sort of drama I can deal with, and I am not joking. Greer got shot instead ? I mean he is the real soldier and he gets Shot because he stands up in front of sniper ?????
                              sigpic

Comment

Rush had a Kino; Simeon shot it. That wouldn't play out any different if Eli could control it.

Comment

Working...
                                X