X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Misfits View Post
    ...Bi-Pedal...
    Are you sure? I'm sure they walked on all fours and looked like very furry buffalos.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreol View Post
      Are you sure? I'm sure they walked on all fours and looked like very furry buffalos.
      Yeah, I'm sure.
      As the camera pans in toward Rush, as the stampede is happening, you can see the creatures running by.
      Their body looked very similar to T-Rex. Huge hind legs with small frontal appendages, with long tail that balances the creature on it's hind legs.
      Quite similar to the one that inhibited Abidos in the Original Stargate movie.

Comment

I was just looking at some stills, I think they were definitely bipedal. Chicken-cow-a-saurs. Apparently, when you barbecue them, they taste just like chicken.
        sigpic
        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by derrickh View Post
          This episode had too many holes for me to enjoy it. Simeon was able to kill his guard, Ginn, shoot 2 more marines (by simply walking toward them), take a hostage, and escape? It made the entire military look incompetant. In fact, this episode was like a nonstop 'these guys suck' montage. I didn't like that at all. Rush is a genius, but he's no military genius. When the 'highly trained professionals' showed up, they should've shown us that they were highly trained professionals. Instead, they walked into trap after trap. While Rush single handedly brings down a guy that just embarassed the SGC.
          Simeon had the element of surprise on his side.

That, and the fact that he himself is probably a military genius, considering his background.

I almost liked Eli's 'let me at em' stance. But his 'give me a gun' mantra reeked of false bravado. I was expecting him to use his rage and intelligence and the power of ancient technology to catch Simeon. Imagine a shot of the gate opening, and 100 Kinos flying out with Eli processing the information and pinpointing Simeon's position. And then using the Kinos to incite the stampeding space cows. That would've been bad ass. Instead, he comes off like a whiny, impotent kid in oversized fatigues.
          Well yeah. He just lost someone he loved; you really think he'll be thinking straight?

Comment

The ones on Abydos were quadrupeds, which is what he's referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by lars View Post
              He killed his guard, he went to Ginn and killed her, on his way to the gate room he shot two more guards. One of the last two guards didn't make it. That'd be only three kills, did I miss someone? Greer was shot, Vanessa and her two companions were blasted away but will live.
              I think one of the guys with Lt James died.

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
              Just got through watching it. Another Robert C. Cooper classic! And to me, is paired with ''Time'' as his best SGU episodes. Goldsmith's score at the end was excellent, easily my 2nd favourte episode of the Season.
              I should've guessed that. Most of my favorite episodes were either written or directed by RCC.

Originally posted by sblade View Post
              Good episode. I find it strange, however, that Ginn didn't mention anything to Eli about a possible attack on Earth shortly after they had sex. "BTW, fat ass, my buddies are going to blow up your planet. Thought you should know." The military personnel were dropping like flies, eh? Young is such a moron for risking his people's lives to capture Simeon alive because he has valuable information, blah, blah. Both Varro and Rush seem to be better leaders than Young. Rush certainly had the right idea about what needed to be done. lol

8/10
              They already knew the attack was coming.

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
              A question about the title "Malice". it means "1: desire to cause pain, injury, or distress to another and 2: intent to commit an unlawful act or cause harm without legal justification or excuse"

It is of course related to Rush who wants to hurt/kill Simeon out of revenge and without legal justification. It would relate also to Eli, who would like to do the same. But could it also apply to Simeon himself?
              It's about Rush and Simeon.

Originally posted by derrickh View Post
              This episode had too many holes for me to enjoy it. Simeon was able to kill his guard, Ginn, shoot 2 more marines (by simply walking toward them), take a hostage, and escape? It made the entire military look incompetant. In fact, this episode was like a nonstop 'these guys suck' montage. I didn't like that at all. Rush is a genius, but he's no military genius. When the 'highly trained professionals' showed up, they should've shown us that they were highly trained professionals. Instead, they walked into trap after trap. While Rush single handedly brings down a guy that just embarassed the SGC.

I almost liked Eli's 'let me at em' stance. But his 'give me a gun' mantra reeked of false bravado. I was expecting him to use his rage and intelligence and the power of ancient technology to catch Simeon. Imagine a shot of the gate opening, and 100 Kinos flying out with Eli processing the information and pinpointing Simeon's position. And then using the Kinos to incite the stampeding space cows. That would've been bad ass. Instead, he comes off like a whiny, impotent kid in oversized fatigues.

Chloe... If she can plot new FTL courses, then she should be able to plot a course back to the milky way. It may take a year or 2, but it'd be better than -not- going home. Let's see if they manage to forget about that development.

D
              They'd never make it back to the Milky Way. There's really no point in risking going back through the Blue Aliens' galaxy for that.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I don't think so. Those were quadrupeds and not reptilian at all.

But yeah, the creatures that Rush used to defeat Simeon looked like bi-pedal dinos.

Comment

So how many did die? Ginn and Perry, Simeons Guard and one other soldier? And you thought Rush's aim was bad... A virtual arsenal and he takes out at most 2 others, previously not taken out in the previous episode. 4 soldiers wounded, one didn't make it or something like that. Was that one Simeons guard or someone else?

I was actually worried about Park and James. They're not in the promo photos as women of SGU and every sort of panel discussion, they're not on the panel either. I guess they could be / will be red shirted sooner or later. Which would suck if the LA destroys earth. Limited breeding potential.

The LA is a threat IMO. They come from several planets. Earth is but one planet. No asgard, jaffa, or tokra since the war ended per say. So there is a volnerability there. If only by force of numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan
                    I think one of the guys with Lt James died.
                    No, I think they survived. One had a broken arm and the other was knocked unconscious.

On the episode, That was quite a moving scene with Park sitting on the ground with the bomb on her back. The actress really sold the character's distress well. I feel bad for Volker as well. It's one of those trap situations where after the fact you can't help but feel like crap no matter what anyone says to you. Survivor's guilt I guess, though it might be nice to pull that Volker/Park interaction into the main story a bit more.

Comment

Where did you get that number from?
                      I don't believe it has ever been stated how many galaxies Destiny has traveled through.
                      If you want an approximation, considering what we do know, Destiny would have traveled 1 galaxy per year, approximately.
                      That would mean that Destiny should have traveled through million+ galaxies.
                      That's a loooong way.
                      In the starmap scene in Air part I we see destiny's route taking it through a couple of galaxies, and it makes a beep every time it goes through a galaxy. When off screen we keep hearing the beeps, a couple dozen beeps actually. There's probably somewhere out there who tried to count the beeps.

Everything else you said: Fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                        In the starmap scene in Air part I we see destiny's route taking it through a couple of galaxies, and it makes a beep every time it goes through a galaxy. When off screen we keep hearing the beeps, a couple dozen beeps actually. There's probably somewhere out there who tried to count the beeps.

Everything else you said: Fair enough

Hi, check out Q&A in Joe Malozzis blog of Oct 25:

" It’s the same answer I give those who ask: “Now that Rush has control of the ship, couldn’t he just turn Destiny around and fly it back to Earth?” Again, theoretically, yes. If they flew non-stop in FTL without stopping for food or water, they could probably make it back in approximately 50 000 years."

Comment

Originally posted by oneminute View Post
                          Hi, check out Q&A in Joe Malozzis blog of Oct 25:

" It’s the same answer I give those who ask: “Now that Rush has control of the ship, couldn’t he just turn Destiny around and fly it back to Earth?” Again, theoretically, yes. If they flew non-stop in FTL without stopping for food or water, they could probably make it back in approximately 50 000 years."

I think the Ancients found what they were looking for (God aka Center of the Universe) and then ascended leaving Destiny to be found by the 'fifth race'.

I wouldn't be surprised to find, at the end, that Destiny is on a 'round the galaxy tour' and is already headed home...
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Can someone help with this please: the explosion which set off the herd happened behind Simeon, i.e. on the opposite side of the plain from where Rush was hiding. How did Rush manage to get it there? it looks far away, and Simeon seemed to have walked only a small distance between Rush spotting the herd from mountain top, and Rush setting off the explosion. I wondered if it was placed there already much earlier, but Rush can be seen taking the C4 out of the backpack when he is on the mountain top. I seem to have missed something, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              I think the Ancients found what they were looking for (God aka Center of the Universe) and then ascended leaving Destiny to be found by the 'fifth race'.

I wouldn't be surprised to find, at the end, that Destiny is on a 'round the galaxy tour' and is already headed home...
                              I think they'd realise that, assuming they had any kind of navigational data from Destiny's systems. They'd see that they would either be heading out toward the edge of the universe (and thus, away from Earth) or they'd notice a pattern in the charts that was contrary to that, a curve for instance, that indicated they were turning back toward Earth slowly.

Comment

Eli lost his father when he abandoned his HIV infected wife.

Comment

Working...
                                X