Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I half-expected Rush to eject the magazine trying to kill Simeon, but that's McKay comedy and it wouldn't fit. Rush is still a terrible shot, though. I've shot guns only a few times, but even the first time I could hit a man-sized target somewhere from that distance. Rush had the perfect setup time to start, too. Then again, he was trying to draw Simeon in, and that stampede was worth it.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Yes. After some some time with Greer.
    Even in general, sometimes people won't break, and Simeon looks like the type.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      You should watch "24" dude. Some people just won't talk.

BTW, what Rush did make Greer look weak or a BS'er, because Greer is all talk, Rush did it, and pulled the trigger. If I was in his shoes I would probably do the same thing. He was too dangerous to be left alive.
      I totally agree with that. He wouldn't have given up any info he had, so it just wasn't worth keeping him around.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I totally agree with that. He wouldn't have given up any info he had, so it just wasn't worth keeping him around.
        if only they'd have blown his brains out a few episodes ago, we'd all be better off!

Comment

Thats because 24 was poorly written. It rarely rational sense.
          Poorly Written? Compare SGU's situation to what Jack Bauer did to get people to talk or took actions for the "Greater Good" makes the cast's actions of SGU look like an episode of the Teletubbies.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
            I half-expected Rush to eject the magazine trying to kill Simeon, but that's McKay comedy and it wouldn't fit. Rush is still a terrible shot, though. I've shot guns only a few times, but even the first time I could hit a man-sized target somewhere from that distance. Rush had the perfect setup time to start, too. Then again, he was trying to draw Simeon in, and that stampede was worth it.

The Greer thing was a joke. But if we want to be serious its a good possibility Simeon wouldn't break but its also possible he would break given time. We wouldn't know until we tried.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
              if only they'd have blown his brains out a few episodes ago, we'd all be better off!
              he should have been left on the planet with the other LA people!! I still don't see why he was chosen to stay on Destiny..
              sigpic

Comment

Poorly Written? Compare SGU's situation to what Jack Bauer did to get people to talk or took actions for the "Greater Good" makes the cast's actions of SGU look like an episode of the Teletubbies.
                And Bauer's grander then life stunts was difficult to grasp. But this isn't the 24 thread.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

lol Jack Bauer makes Rush and Young look like saints.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post

Since you brought up SGA, oh man, Major Davis is going to kill me. But this episode reminded a little bit of "The Eye" when Sheppard went on a killing spree when he thought Weir was dead. Kolya = Simeon all the way! Robert Davi and Robert Knepper are best in these bad guy roles.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                      i applauded when simeon got trampled and then laughed my ass off when rush blew his brains out! epic kill!

no way would simeon ever have shared his knowledge. he was just begging for help and would have screwed us later on.

i really, really, really would have tried to bring one of those alien gazelles home for a steak dinner. shame they didn't.

/i personally think this episode had enough action in it to rival most SG-1 or Atlantis episodes... thoughts?
                      Not even close. This was a decent episode though, so I'll give it that.

Comment

Speaking of the Chloe arc its getting a little drawn out. I think its about time we find a conclusion to Chloe being infected.
                        I quite like infected Chloe, its the closest I can think of too having a alien main character on the ship! Well, other than the LA.

But I quite liked the episode! Rush always seems to have the most interesting stuff going on, what a epic character! Although I was hoping to see more Simeon as I think he would be a great recurring villain but I suppose this isn't SG1 or SGA so oh well. I shall miss Ginn.

Comment

Since you brought up SGA, oh man, Major Davis is going to kill me. But this episode reminded a little bit of "The Eye" when Sheppard went on a killing spree when he thought Weir was dead. Kolya = Simeon all the way! Robert Davi and Robert Knepper are best in these bad guy roles.
                          I thought of Koyla as well! Too bad Simeon isn't likely to come back. A good bad guy just like Koyla.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            I quite like infected Chloe, its the closest I can think of too having a alien main character on the ship! Well, other than the LA.

But I quite liked the episode! Rush always seems to have the most interesting stuff going on, what a epic character! Although I was hoping to see more Simeon as I think he would be a great recurring villain but I suppose this isn't SG1 or SGA so oh well. I shall miss Ginn.
                            Its not a bad storyline just stretched out.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

ROFL....

*grabs pitchfork*

It was a good and fair comparison though... But, in most cases, comparing SGA to SGU is like comparing 24 to the teletubies. It's like someone on the 24 forums going "great ep... Reminded me of an ep from the teletubies a few years ago"
                              sigpic

Comment

Its not a bad storyline just stretched out.
                                I was kinda hoping it to be a permanent storyline. But I suppose it does seem a bit stretched.

Comment

Working...
                                X