This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
    sorry but if the options were limited in terms of choices Greer has AT LEAST just as much of a chance at guessing which is the right switch to pull as Rush does in effectively tracking down and taking on a trained dangerous killer who is armed. All that stuff about basic fighting instincts is nice and all but I’m going to assume that Simeon is about close to a marine in terms of technique. If so I don’t care if you’re the smartest man in the world, there’s a 99% chance you’re going to end up a dead man if you go after a guy like Simeon. Especially in the open dessert and especially if you don’t have any legit military/fighting training of your own. People like yourself may think what Rush is trying to do is more feasible than my example of Greer picking the right switch, but that’s probably because years of TV and movies have made you feel that way. All those shows and films in which the average man/average woman (by average I mean in terms of strength, conditioning, fighting skills) are shown to take on the more physically imposing foe and walk away victorious. That’s fairyland stuff. Not saying it has never happened in the history of mankind but then again my Greer scenario has surely happened plenty of times too over the centuries. The point is that what Rush is trying to do just seems too unrealistic.

As for your point about Rush being angry I get that. But you don’t seem to understand my point: it’s the writers playing favorites. Who cares if Rush is angry? Based upon what we know I’m sure Eli is angry too. A lot of people are probably angry. But only Rush is “allowed” to take out that anger. Instead of being kept on the sidelines along with other characters who would be out of their element chasing Simeon, the writers just had to place Rush smack in the middle of the action/plot. Again. The writers could have written the story in so many ways that it could have been Volker or Wray or Young or TJ or Park who were looking for revenge. But they chose Rush. They didn’t have to do that; if they are any good they could make the story just as powerful with an angered Rush having to wait it out with the rest of the crew to see if Greer and Scott could get Simeon. But TPTB instead chose to throw him in the mix and make another episode all about him. For SGU its par for the course.
    First do you forget Rush got a gun? He doesn't need to get physical, he simply just needs to shoot Simeon in the back, there are many easy ways to shoot him. And you said yourself it is an open desert, don't need any tracking experience, just follow the foot step. Besides Young is running a bootcamp on Destiny(Life), Rush probably get some serious training. He definitely has some shooting skills, in "Time" Greer even taught Eli how to shoot a machine gun. All of those things are reasonable.

Second they didn't play Rush that heavily. "Intevention" spend a lot of time focus on TJ. "Aftermath" is about the crew crashing on that planet. "Awakening" is focused on Telford. "Pathegon" shows Eli and Wray visit earth. "Cloverdale" is Scott's dream. "Trail and Error" probably about Young. What makes you think they only focus on Rush? Yes Rush figured Destiny's secret but that's understandable, they only show a few minutes in some episodes, so is Young's mentally cracking and Chloe's turning alien.

Third why is Rush only "allowed" to go? That's because Rush cares about Perry, you do know that, right? He probably just wants to hang out with her, so there's a pretty good chance that he finds the body first. So he goes first before Young knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
      Wow, that sounds... intense. I am very interested to see how it all turns out in the end
      I wet myself when i read that!!!!
      However i feel sorry that two of my favorite characters once again get killed off the show.

Comment

OMG I'm so angry at that Lucien person killing Ginn/Rush's girl. I knew they should have gotten rid of him when they had the chance!

Comment

from the trailer this is going to be a sad/sateda ep.

can't freekin wait.
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Now Eli and Rush must team up to kill ahole Lucian alliance guy! I just knew from the actor that this character would be up to no good.

Comment

Knepper is a great "bad guy" type character. Oooo, this will be good. Rush is going to go all kinds of nuts to get revenge.

Comment

UGH!!!

That is such a T-Bag thing for Simeon to do! They always give him the violent, cold-blooded killer bad guy role!

Greer should have killed him right there and then after the Park incident. Seriously.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Title: "Who Kills Simeon After he Kills Ginn/Perry??"

Whos Gonna Kill Simeon, Next Episode (or soon enough)??

My Vote is Greer All The Way!!
                  sigpic

Destiny: Coming To a Universe Near You......

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ghlight=Malice

Comment

It kinda defeats the purpose of spoiler tags if you have to open them to have ANY idea at all what the thread is about.

You might want to at least tell people which episode you're spoiling.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Malice

Comment

Not sure how much of this is spoilery, so I'll be safe:
                          Spoiler:
                          I actually wish it would be Eli that takes down that no good scum sucking bottom feeding snake in the grass {plus other words}. Poor guy, he finally finds a girl interested in him the same way, and the last image of her living, is someone else's consciousness kissing Rush through her body
                          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                          Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                            Not sure how much of this is spoilery, so I'll be safe:
                            Spoiler:
                            I actually wish it would be Eli that takes down that no good scum sucking bottom feeding snake in the grass {plus other words}. Poor guy, he finally finds a girl interested in him the same way, and the last image of her living, is someone else's consciousness kissing Rush through her body
                            it makes sense that rush do it. his loss is greater

Comment

I usually don't look at the advanced synopsis of episodes.

But after seeing tonight's episode, 207, I figured I knew what was coming and so I read it for 208.

Won't get into details cause of the spoiler thing, but I must say I really dislike the rather obvious event that is going to occur(and which is confirmed in the synopsis).

Finally get some character interaction/story I like....so much for that.

Comment

Malice Sneak Peek (Youtube)

Comment

Working...
                                X