Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should the Lucian Alliance prisoners be dealt with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a situation will come up where man power is a major issue i can see varro and his men getting drafted in to help.

I see the lucians splitting into two camps simeons group who wont cooperate and varros that will eventually become part of the crew plus that redhead will end up in varro's camp.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

this will end up like LOST where people in Internet forums will be screaming for their 5 years back (that were wasted..).. or 2 years, or??

heheheh lolol..
      My Story:
      http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

i think that most LA guys are people who work for an ideal. and i think our ideal and their ideal will mix pretty well, aside from some executional details.

what i think the ginger girl and Varro showed, is that they are more open minded than they seemed. they have an ideal but they kinda realised they would be stuck together. after the various deaths, they're even lower on people, and well, with the LA onboard + Young's crew, i think this can work.

personally i'd have acted like Varro. Simeon, well his constant gun-pointing annoyed me. happy he's dead.

Comment

That's dannick

I'm sure Aftermath will explore what to do with the prisoners.

Comment

well we dont know what there goal was. since the LA had done their on reserch of the ship
            now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              i think that most LA guys are people who work for an ideal. and i think our ideal and their ideal will mix pretty well, aside from some executional details.

what i think the ginger girl and Varro showed, is that they are more open minded than they seemed. they have an ideal but they kinda realised they would be stuck together. after the various deaths, they're even lower on people, and well, with the LA onboard + Young's crew, i think this can work.

personally i'd have acted like Varro. Simeon, well his constant gun-pointing annoyed me. happy he's dead.
              I would say they have a goal rather than an ideal and are quite comfortable ruthlessly obtaining it. Varro was the most honorable of the group and he said the original plan was to maroon them all on a planet. Without an adequate survey and supplies this action is tantamount to a death sentence. Comparisons have been made to the Maquis from DS9. The Maquis were defending their homes from the Cardassians, a ruthless military dictatorship. Most were honorable people forced into a no win situation by a political action of the Federation. The LA are no better than mercenaries or terrorists imo. I doubt few of them could ever really be trusted. The most prudent action imo would be to strand them all on the first habitable planet. It would probably be less cruel to just shoot them all but leaving a hostile force on the ship for any length of time is far far too risky imo. It would be too easy for them to again seize control of the ship and Destiny can little afford the supplies and man power required for any extended incarceration.
              Last edited by Blackhole; 29 September 2010, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Did the LA bring a change of clothes? Might get a bit uncomfortable with their skin tight outfits.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                  Did the LA bring a change of clothes? Might get a bit uncomfortable with their skin tight outfits.
                  Everyone on this show needs to find some replacement clothes. The ones they have won't last forever.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                    I would say they have a goal rather than an ideal and are quite comfortable ruthlessly obtaining it. Varro was the most honorable of the group and he said the original plan was to maroon them all on a planet. Without an adequate survey and supplies this action is tantamount to a death sentence. Comparisons have been made to the Maquis from DS9. The Maquis were defending their homes from the Cardassians, a ruthless military dictatorship. Most were honorable people forced into a no win situation by a political action of the Federation. The LA are no better than mercenaries or terrorists imo. I doubt few of them could ever really be trusted. The most prudent action imo would be to strand them all on the first habitable planet. It would probably be less cruel to just shoot them all but leaving a hostile force on the ship for any length of time is far far too risky imo. It would be too easy for them to again seize control of the ship and Destiny can little afford the supplies and man power required for any extended incarceration.
                    Varro seems reasonable and noble for the most part. I wouldn't have any problem bringing him into the Destiny crew. And the five or so that were loyal to Varro and were exiled with him, Coz was one of them, are probably decent as well. We gave Teal'c and other Jaffa a chance after they probably did much worse. That said the rest of the LA are a problem. The only decent ones left with Varro, that means that the majority were either okay with crazy Dannic, or to scared to go with Varro. Gin only turned on Dannic because he was going to get her and everyone killed, rather by radiation or simple 'you've failed me, I'm going to strangle you like darth vader now'.

That means out of the 20-30 or so LAs on board only 6 are actually close to being trustworthy, the rest are either cowards or murderers. Since Varro is the ranking LA on board he might be able to bring them into line, but since Varro got exiled himself he doesn't seem to have a lot of influence with the rest of the LA. Simeon will probably be the most problamatic as he seems to be space pirate Rush.

Young can't execute them all, or he'd be no different than the LA. He can't exile them to a planet after his whole 'it's a death sentence!' speach. He can't trust most of them since they outnumber the military personel. He can't keep them prisoner, it's too much a strain on supply, and eventually they'd figure a way to escape. Young's best bet is to work with Varro to integrate the trustworthy LA's into the crew, keep them seperated and not grouped. The troublesome ones will make a move rather quickly and can be eliminated soon.

That said I don't think Earth, the IOA, the SGC, or O'Neil is going to like this.
                    sigpic
                    Doci of the BAG

Comment

find the ones that might be useful like scientist and such and kill the rest,,or drop the off on a planet. No complications
                      "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

Originally posted by coZma View Post
                        find the ones that might be useful like scientist and such and kill the rest,,or drop the off on a planet. No complications
                        Execpt we don't kill our prisoners. And exiling them to a planet is pretty much a death sentence. If we wanted them all dead with no complications that would have been venting the gateroom when they gated in. Now we have to deal with them.
                        sigpic
                        Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                          Varro seems reasonable and noble for the most part. I wouldn't have any problem bringing him into the Destiny crew. And the five or so that were loyal to Varro and were exiled with him, Coz was one of them, are probably decent as well. We gave Teal'c and other Jaffa a chance after they probably did much worse. That said the rest of the LA are a problem. The only decent ones left with Varro, that means that the majority were either okay with crazy Dannic, or to scared to go with Varro. Gin only turned on Dannic because he was going to get her and everyone killed, rather by radiation or simple 'you've failed me, I'm going to strangle you like darth vader now'.

That means out of the 20-30 or so LAs on board only 6 are actually close to being trustworthy, the rest are either cowards or murderers. Since Varro is the ranking LA on board he might be able to bring them into line, but since Varro got exiled himself he doesn't seem to have a lot of influence with the rest of the LA. Simeon will probably be the most problamatic as he seems to be space pirate Rush.

Young can't execute them all, or he'd be no different than the LA. He can't exile them to a planet after his whole 'it's a death sentence!' speach. He can't trust most of them since they outnumber the military personel. He can't keep them prisoner, it's too much a strain on supply, and eventually they'd figure a way to escape. Young's best bet is to work with Varro to integrate the trustworthy LA's into the crew, keep them seperated and not grouped. The troublesome ones will make a move rather quickly and can be eliminated soon.

That said I don't think Earth, the IOA, the SGC, or O'Neil is going to like this.
                          I would say Varro was honorable not noble but he did risk his life trying to give them all a chance. I agree that the ones you mentioned of the LA are the most trustworthy of the group. Teal’c was forced to do what he did. Often he had to choose the least evil action. Overall, I think his actions mitigated the Gould’s brutality.

I don't think marooning all the LA would make Young as bad as they are. The LA chose to ruthlessly invade Destiny. Young has no moral obligation to preserve their lives. Doing so with their very limited supplies and manpower would be supremely foolish. The LA is a very large and very well trained hostile force. As long as they remain on Destiny they represent a serious threat. Imo Young has no choice but to remove them and marooning them on the first habitable planet is his only viable and most civil option.
                          Last edited by Blackhole; 29 September 2010, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I would say Varro was honorable not noble but he did risk his life trying to give them all a chance. I agree that the ones you mentioned of the LA are the most trustworthy of the group.

I don't think marooning all the LA would make Young as bad as they are. The LA chose to ruthlessly invade Destiny. Young has no moral obligation to preserve their lives and doing so with their very limited supplies and manpower would be supremely foolish. The LA is a very large and very well trained hostile force. As long as they remain on Destiny they represent a serious threat. Imo Young has no choice but to remove them and marooning them on the first habitable planet is his only viable option.
                            Yes but as Young said how do you determine habitable? It would take a long time to determine whether a planet was capable of supporting human life. Sure it may have oxygen, what about food and water? And what about whether said food or water is even edible? It could have serious health problems in it, it may not even be compatible with human biology. Not to mention all the new germs, bacteria, wildlife, weather. Putting any group of people on an alien planet is a death sentence.

The LA are prisoners of war now, we have to treat them with all the rights that entails, even if they didn't do the same for us. The best thing that could happen is a massive Blue attack. That would show the LA that Earth may be their enemy but until they get home they need to work together if they want to live.
                            sigpic
                            Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                              Yes but as Young said how do you determine habitable? It would take a long time to determine whether a planet was capable of supporting human life. Sure it may have oxygen, what about food and water? And what about whether said food or water is even edible? It could have serious health problems in it, it may not even be compatible with human biology. Not to mention all the new germs, bacteria, wildlife, weather. Putting any group of people on an alien planet is a death sentence.
                              All true, spacing them would probably be less cruel.

The LA are prisoners of war now, we have to treat them with all the rights that entails, even if they didn't do the same for us. The best thing that could happen is a massive Blue attack. That would show the LA that Earth may be their enemy but until they get home they need to work together if they want to live.
                              Destiny isn't Earth. Granting prisoners rights is very noble but unfortunately isn't practical. Any extended incarceration would dangerously drain Destiny's limited resources and put everyone on board at a far too great of risk. They need to be removed and marooning is the most viable and civil option. The fact that they will all likely die is unfortunate but imo completely unavoidable.
                              Last edited by Blackhole; 29 September 2010, 09:05 PM.

Comment

All true, spacing them would probably be less cruel.
                                This isn't BSG! We don't space people here!

Destiny isn't Earth. Granting prisoners rights is very noble but unfortunately isn't practical. Any extended incarceration would dangerously drain Destiny's limited resources and put everyone on board at a far too great of risk. They need to be removed and marooning is the most viable and civil option. The fact that they will all likely die is unfortunate but imo completely unavoidable.
                                But the Destiny crew is still from earth. Young is an officer of the United States, we don't execute Prisoners of War no matter what. Regardless of what is necessary. Now if those LA's should choose to live offworld rather than stay prisoners of war then by all means let them through the gate to their new home.
                                sigpic
                                Doci of the BAG

Comment

Working...
                                X