Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode and i also what happening to Chloe.
    I also find the subplot of TJ very interesting too.
    Kevin Morgan

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
      I didn't like this episode very much. But it was entertaining enough. Let's say I wouldn't want to rewatch it. It had a good pacing and I liked the TJ storyline.

The whole episode felt contrived a bit to me. For example, Rush having just enough control to retake the ship beside a radiating pulsar. Or having a "magic" room which better shielding protecting them for the radiation. The LA scientist killing the new leader, but nobody killed her or took the leadership. Or the Alien keeping the baby but not TJ (if it's real), beside the fact that they seem to follow what happened on the Destiny in the first place and brought TJ on their planet. Or the LA not blowing up the door of the hydroponic because supposedly people would die inside. Or Scott and Greer having found a way to hide somewhere, somehow.

On the other hand, I like the little mystery behind TJ's situation. Beyond the contrive aspect of it mentioned above, I like the way Rush retook the ship.

For me, it's like the SGA episode "The Queen". While there's some action, it's a little bit too bland and contrived to be considered a very good episode. I give it a 6/10. * me ducking to avoid the tomatoes thrown at me*
      Lets look at a couple of your points.

There is under 5 minutes left before the shield fails complately and everyone dies. Dannic is definately crazy and no one dared challenge him for fear of death. Kiva is gone so unless you want to be leader for a couple of minutes before dying it would imply she had the guts to do what everyone in that room was thinking.

Again, there was under 5 minutes remaining and since Dannic said earlier that he wanted Rush to answer a few questions Telford simply mentioned that the exposion could blow Rush up.

Try watching the episode again. Most people seem to miss things the first time around.

As far as the hydroponics being better shielded. If I am not mistaken this compartment is near the center of the ship and I think of how the shields were reduced/collapsed to conserve power on Atlantis when they were traveling through space just protecting the main spire. I invisioned something similar when Rush said he was slowly drawing power from the shields.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Because their is no evidence to back it up. Its just hopeless fan dream
        Actually there is no evidence either way. Everyone is just assuming that after this length of time they will never show up. I do understand that it is a long shot. Very long shot. I have read blogs where it was stated that Furlings will not ever surface and then I have read the opposite. I do agree with you that it is a fan dream but not 100% hopeless until someone from the show puts in writing.

Comment

Good episode

I liked the TJ sub-plot, i wanna see where that leads to
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Good A-plot, not so good B-plot. Loved Rush holding a gun to the LA's head, so to speak. Didn't like the TJ scenes.

Chloe's recovery is so cheap and convenient that I'm calling Chekhov's Gun on this one.

I am looking forward to the integration of the LA into the crew. And the redhead is growing on me fast.

Comment

Whats with all the hate for the bald guy? I thought he filled Kiva's void well. The Lucian Alliance were prepared to possibly give their lives for the cause, and he was willing to call Rush's bluff. I dont think he was crazy, I think he was most committed to his side's goals.

He did however miss a possible way out by leaving the Destiny through the Stargate and coming back when the radiation had passed. Of course I have no idea how long the radiation lasts or what not, but that could have been on the table.

Comment

A light in the sky transports TJ and her baby out of her body to a group of submissive humans living a medieval lifestyle on a planet apparently created by....GODS.
                TJ is sent back to her body with the Warned no one will beleive her by a gentlemen who admits if these being were going to return them home they probably would have by now.

Ascended beings use stargates to travel.

How many Ori were at home when the bomb went through the Supergate?
                :-0 !

Comment

Where to start...

The good:

How they saved the guys stuck outside the ship. Really smart I think and definitely not what I expected. Wish they would of milked it longer and had rush & gang "captured" by the patrol then you find out they did survive.

The planet aliens. I think it's pretty obvious that the ancients much like us would have asked "where did we come from?" and if they seeded life in the milky way... who created them? I think we're finally going to explore the idea of a "First race" and these aliens who created the planet are the "First ones" and why destiny is out there. I bet the ancients found somewhere millions of years ago some clue as to there being older races and looked to find them believing that would answer the questions of existence. I think they didn't go back to destiny because they found ascension and said "oh that must of been where the first ones went" and their logic of finding "the others" once ascending proved that viewpoint to them.

The Bad:

Leg wounds that magically repair themselves. Idiotic. More idiotic that no ones seems to mind that a bleeding out person magically gets better.

The baby is ... where? She's a medic... if you think your baby might of been saved or maybe it was all a hallucination then go look. It may be grizzly as hell but you could see.

Overall I'd give it a B. It was better then I feared but not as good as I hoped.

Tim

Comment

maybe its just because cute redheads on tv never seem to be evil, but i knew she would be our side in some way, as for the look her and varro exchanged it looked like he felt betrayed that she didn't speak up when he did, i think they might be close friends, partners, or even siblings, some kind of close relationship anyway

Comment

Am I the only one that finds Varro being on their side annoying

Comment

Garek was taken to Celestus and made a prior....out of body. Vala was taken from a rupturing wormhole and laid impregnated in a comfy spot, the people on the "FAITH" planet are living in medival homesteads, a couple was clearly chosen to raise the infant, One man has the ability to commune with the aliens telling Tj, she made her choice, that no one would believe her, and admitted of these aliens were going to send them home..they would have by now.

These are Ori on the rim!

The two fundamental differences between the Ori and the Ancients were science and spirituality. Non interfernece vs. ascending followers. Later you see the ancients abandon technology after many "evils"created along the way for a spiritual existnece. And while it was claimed that the Ori never ascended their followers, whose to say they didn't try at first and fail, contaminating their ranks by those not ready to ascend.

Who those being one the faith planet are exactly remains to be scene, but there's no way in hell that was a hallucination...not with what the writers revealed. When TJ fesses up Ming Na's internal alarm as an IOA rep should be 2 +2 together very quickly.

Comment

I really don't see why people don't like TJ's story line I found it intriguing.. I mean come on if she was dreaming why would she dream that she is on that planet and that she has to give up her child I would think she would dream she is back on Earth her baby is alive and well and she is living her life out normally.

Leg wounds that magically repair themselves. Idiotic. More idiotic that no ones seems to mind that a bleeding out person magically gets better.
                          Is it any different then when John Sheppard got infected with the retrovirus? Sure with that we knew that it was the retrovirus, Chloe's situation is a little more mysterious and I am sure there are people scratching their heads at Chloe's situation and are concerned, but they just got the ship back they have more pressing concerns at the moment. Chloe is alive that's all they care about, the why they can figure out later.

So in all I really enjoyed this episode. There wasn't anything I didn't like. Loved that Rush came in and saved the ship (yet again). And the look on Young's face when he heard! I already covered my opinion on TJ's storyline and Chloe.. Oh the beginning how Matt and Greer survived so cool! So yeah can't wait for next week's episode!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Good episode! Good to have SGU back. Let's hope there's no hiatus this time.
                            On a side note, and I can't believe no-one's picked up on it yet.

Doesn't the Nebula TJ saw look like one big ascended being? Maybe it's a big crowd of ascended beings following them around, curious as to what they are going to do aboard Destiny. Kinda like the Shapeshifter's Homeworld on DS9.
                            Destiny's original crew, perhaps?

Oh, and please, GOD, not the Furlings....

Comment

Ok, this was just awesome. Reminds me of the early Sg-1, or to be more precise it had the same emotional impact as Sg-1 use to have on me. The combination and intermingle of realism and action (the A-plot) with the unexplained and abstract (TJ plot) done without rushing the pace like they used to do on SGA definitely made this one of my favorite SGU episodes to date. GG
                              "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

Saphire_jade: No, not really. If someone in my crew amazingly didn't die from a bullet wound she was bleeding out from and in fact amazingly got better I'd be very concerned. In fact, being as this same person was kidnapped by aliens and a crazy group of people just tried to purposely maroon themselves on my ship I'd be VERY concerned as to why.

It's idiotic.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X