This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Especially since (as someone else mentioned) Telford was initially supposed to be the leader on destiny once the gate got working..
    Except that he's the mole who got the LA the information that enabled them to dial Destiny in the first place. I doubt he's in line for command of the good ship Destiny.
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

It was a good start. I thought the whole faith planet stuff was a dream sequence, but who knows. If the baby is there on Destiny, then it pretty much sums it up. Then again, the planet builders may have a way to build new bodies and just transfer consciousnesses.

I did find it odd that Chloe, Greer, Scott, and Eli made it back to the back of the ship so fast. Maybe they weren't as close to the front of the ship as we thought. I was kinda hoping there would be a 2 episode arc where they made it back to the gate room and found all kinds of neat things like rovers, labs, medical bays, armories, etc but had no way to get to them due to holes in the hull or something. "HA HA you can't use me "

We still don't know how the LA knew about Destiny or what it means to them. Varro was acting like it was a savior ship or something and didn't want to hurt anyone. Like the ship would punish them to committing murder. There has to be more to their ideology of Destiny, I hope the explain it more soon.

I didn't recognize the couple that came into the cabin, were those the people that walked through the gate in the first season and we never saw again? I don't remember their names. If so, maybe the faith planet is a home for the souls of the dead. Maybe the spire scanned Destiny and knew who was on it, then when they die their soul goes to that planet to live out eternity in peace. It would make a little sense, since Caine said they didn't expect to survive the winter but one day the cabins just appeared. Maybe they all died one night during a severe freeze and once dead, their souls found the cabins which are on a higher plane....... sounds bat crazy, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
        But that's the point; it shouldn't be a mystery. Or to the point, it's only a mystery because the writers are deliberately not showing us something the characters should know. Even off-screen, TJ should have asked to see where her baby was, or what happened to it, probably as a way to see if she was really dreaming or not.
        I presumed the baby was taken off TJ by the doctor who came to the Destiny through the stones. Maybe the aliens can duplicate/clone people if it was real.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

In real life, the baby would be tagged and bagged, then held for a proper burial or whatever the family wanted to do with it. So, even if it's dead, they'd keep it around for TJ to decide what she wants to do with it. Logically, then, this would be something TJ would face, and it's important to show because it's important to the plot line they introduced: Was it real or was it a dream?

So that's the plot hole at worst, and a wallbanger at best. If it's obvious what a character should do, and they don't do it, then you rightfully call them stupid. It's like having a ship come under attack, so you know the captain should order shields up and return fire, and you keep waiting for him to do so... and he doesn't, and there's no reason given for why he doesn't.

Comment

In real life, the baby would be tagged and bagged, then held for a proper burial or whatever the family wanted to do with it. So, even if it's dead, they'd keep it around for TJ to decide what she wants to do with it. Logically, then, this would be something TJ would face, and it's important to show because it's important to the plot line they introduced: Was it real or was it a dream?

So that's the plot hole at worst, and a wallbanger at best.
            I agree that dealing with the whereabouts of the baby would add to the story. And increase the dramatic part since TJ would be confused about the whole situation. Making the whole plot more visceral. I really like the mystery behind the TJ story.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

In real life, the baby would be tagged and bagged, then held for a proper burial or whatever the family wanted to do with it.
              Except that the Lucian Alliance was in control at the time so it's possible they could have disposed of the baby?

Or maybe she actually doesn't want to see the baby's body because in her mind, as long as she doesn't see the body then the baby is alive and safe on that planet. Regardless of whether it really happened or if it was all a dream, it's her way of coping with the trauma of what happened and she doesn't want to do anything that might threaten her belief that the baby is still alive somewhere.
              Last edited by tinerin; 30 September 2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I loved the episode. The only thing that I didn't like was the slow pacing of T.J.'s story. It just made me impatient for them to get back to the action every time.

I really was happy that Telford survived. Young is not a good leader. I will enjoy any conflict between he and Telford regarding who should be in charge.

Comment

Divine Intervention

The Good:
                  >A very sensible plan from Rush to take back the ship. KILL EVABODY!!!!!!!
                  >Chloe's injury. Now, when I thought the Godlike Aliens healed her, this was in the ugly category. When I remembered my own speculation from last season that the aliens might have experimented on her and Rush... This could be interesting. What other changes will she undergo?
                  >Lt. James! A pleasure to see you as always!
                  >Dr. Brightman! Always coming to the ship at the worst possible times!
                  >The nebula at the end. It'll give TJ some hope.
                  >What ever shall become of the Lucian Alliance prisoners?
                  >The crew now have cool brown leather clothes to wear! Well, they can patch up the bullet holes.
                  >The new planet was cool.
                  >TPTB having the guts to kill off the baby.

The Bad:
                  >TPTB not having the guts to kill off the baby completely.
                  >Telford survived? *sigh* Even as a good guy, I really don't want to be seeing Diamond on the show.
                  >How convenient that Scott and Greer just ran to the other side of the ship... an option that didn't occur to the Big Brains Eli and Rush.
                  >That redhead Lucian tech... She seemed so weak and frail, totally not like her deceased commander. I suppose they hired an actress who screamed 'weak and frail' so that when she almost empties a clip in Bald Psycho it's all the more 'shocking'. Though it really wasn't.
                  >Will TJ start a romance with the Lucian de facto leader, creating the show's new love triangle? *gag*

The Ugly:

>Where is this 'divine' Intervention crap going exactly? BSG found God, now SGU's finding him/her/it, too?!

The Verdict:
                  >I enjoyed the episode. It continued the strong positive turn SGU's taken since the mid-season 1 opener. I look forward to more episodes of this quality... minus anything to do with Alien Gods.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I feel pretty dumb for not thinking of the 'walk to the far side of the ship' solution Scott and Greer saved themselves with. So simple!
                    I really liked how Ginn's character developed, leaded to the point where she capped Dannic
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

For me, it's kind of a "ok, so what now" episode again. Old cliffhangers dealt with, some mystery injected, crew exiled, Lucian Alliance talked down, crew back aboard, interpersonal issues still all nicely mucked up. Nothing to get really excited about, but also nothing to really take exception to.

Most fun moment: How naturally the LA used the stones. They have more wounded than doctors, so they do the absolutely sensible thing... bring in more doctors. Anybody remember how long it took our guys to get this logical in their stone- use ?

Comment

I just watched this ep on Hulu. I don't know. Maybe I was just too tired and up too late.

I guess I'm not such a big fan of the 'Magic-Love-Nebulae-Fixes-All-BooBoos' genre.

Rush seemed depressed at the end of the show. I think he was hoping to get rid of all the Lucien Alliance people because he knew that the future would be rife with discord/anarchy if they ended up staying aboard the Destiny.

There's no choice now but to somehow form an integrated crew. Young can't leave 'em locked up forever or they'll just start plotting a turn-the-tables plan.

What is the Lucien Alliance agenda? Is integrating them with the rest of the crew feasible? Time for some serious Young & Varro discussions.

Speaking of the 'Magic Love Nebulae', this is new, no? I mean, it seems like some other kind of alien(s) than the bipeds in ships and it appears to be the one(s) responsible for the new earth-like planet in the middle-of-nowhere. Has it long been in the habit of following the Destiny around? Will it keep following the Destiny around, or will it have the good sense to realize that it was just a convenient tool for pulling a 'dramatic-writing-gone-wild', story out of the proverbial beginner painter's corner?
                        sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

I am just not sure I find the integrated Lucian Alliance crew, and the trust type plots that would go with it, terribly interesting. I would much prefer new alien races and world exploration, or even new things about the ship itself.

But hey I will keep plugging away.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                            I am just not sure I find the integrated Lucian Alliance crew, and the trust type plots that would go with it, terribly interesting. I would much prefer new alien races and world exploration, or even new things about the ship itself.

But hey I will keep plugging away.
                            I agree with you Phenom I would prefer more new alien races, world exploration and new things about Destiny.. but like you I am going to keep at it. The show isn't bad now, just could be better if those things were added.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
                              Rush seemed depressed at the end of the show. I think he was hoping to get rid of all the Lucien Alliance people because he knew that the future would be rife with discord/anarchy if they ended up staying aboard the Destiny.
                              Rife with discord/anarchy? Plotting and scheming and endless power games? Sounds like business as usual at the Destiny, then.
                              sigpic
                              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by tinerin View Post
                                Or maybe she actually doesn't want to see the baby's body because in her mind, as long as she doesn't see the body then the baby is alive and safe on that planet. Regardless of whether it really happened or if it was all a dream, it's her way of coping with the trauma of what happened and she doesn't want to do anything that might threaten her belief that the baby is still alive somewhere.
                                Couldn't agree more. Don't see why TJ would be acting in a way that even approaches logical after just finding out her baby has died or has been tranported back to a planet they passed months ago. I also don't see why certain people seem to be under the impression that everything has to be done immediately or it's not logical or is a 'plothole'. For example, the claims that Young didn't speak to the LA prisoner's immediately has been claimed to be illogical or a plothole but why exactly would he want to speak to them after having just got back to the ship after being stranded on an alien planet, having lost people under his command and most significantly having just finding out TJ has lost her (and his) baby. In his position I think i'd be quite inclined to let them stew in a secured area of the ship for a while before even thinking about doing anything productive with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X