Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    In... your... opinion.
    )
    egle wins the thread
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      We already have
      Did I miss a thread that had ratings info? I haven't read all the way through this one...
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
        In... your... opinion.

TJ part is what I loved most about this episode.
        exactly what i was thinking
        "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

Originally posted by Krazeh View Post
          Seriously? Are we going to have another season of people getting upset because the show doesn't show stuff as fast as you think they should?
          You're right. Why should anyone be forced to deal with things in a logical manner? Hell, let's just have the entire SGA crew up show for now reason! Oh oh, I know! Apophis should come back as a good guy traveling in a wraith cruiser that's fitted with an asgard hyperdrive and he wants to help Destiny! Yes, you are right! Let's throw all logic, reason, and rationality out the window! Brilliant!
          It's a serial, there's plenty of time to deal with the aftermath of the loss of people, babies and introduction of LA prisoners. Perhaps they could do it in an episode called 'Aftermath'? Ya know I think i'm going to write to them and suggest they do just that.

Oh wait, turns out they've already had that idea, who'd have thought it?
          Yes, do something today, when you can put it off until tomorrow and instead insert some nonsensical things with a bad song instead? I like the cut of your job, young man. You should get into writing post haste!

Comment

I thought this was a solid episode. Not outstanding, but a fairly logical way for the writers to get the team out of the mess they were in without the classic shoot your way out. Some of the TJ "dream" stuff drug on a bit too long.

Loved:
            • Rush of course. The most interesting character of the bunch for me.
            • Young pushed over the edge.

Liked:
            • Telford lives. Though had already seen that LDP was in several eps. Let him command for a while.
            • Kiva dead. Didn't like much to begin with as she was still too close to the LA characterization that I hated on SG-1. No reason to have her remain alive as she was ruthless with no reason to ever work with us.
            • T-Bag...even though he wasn't used much in this ep. He was more low-key than I imagined he'd be. I assume they have something more in mind for RK's character.
            • Julie McNiven and her character. Liked her on Supernatural so nice to see her again.

On the Fence:
            • The ascension of TJ's baby. It's a nice thought for TJ's sake, but *ugg* ascension again...or something essentially similar. Kind of a cop out on having the baby "die".
            • LA being on Destiny. They are going to have to thin the herd at some point.

Disliked:
            • Whatever these all powerful aliens are...which at this point I'm going to assume are basically Ancients. And I pretty much hate the Ancients. If they are this powerful, then they will have to come up with some lame excuse for them not helping the crew return home.
            • The music montage. Bleh on the song. The montage was okay to get across several points but lose the song and give me some nice instrumental score.

Looking forward to the next ep and the rest of the seasons.
            Last edited by LoneStar1836; 04 October 2010, 07:32 AM. Reason: sp
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
              I'm going to disagree with you on that, so if you could just go ahead and remember that no one forces you to read a thread, that'd be great.

Seriously, can we stop with this BS line of reasoning? I don't agree with the OP that it was horrible, but the whole elementary schoolyard retort of "Well, if you don't like it, don't watch it!" completely misses the point. Understand why people say such things, because they honestly DO like the show but feel a particular episode or direction is just not living up to standards. There is such a thing as opinions and valid criticism.

Having said that, I thought it was average, maybe a bit below average. It did the job it needed to, but it just felt a bit off in a few places. TJ not asking about her baby, not seeing a discussion with the captured LA, the horrid ending song, Dannic being too comically evil to take seriously thus tossing my sense of belief out the window, Scott and Greer suddenly being invincible despite a whole team getting wtfpwned in the S1 season finale.... I think I've covered my pet peeves. I would have liked those things to have been handled better.
              well said, i couldnt agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                I think the reason will be revealed later. Dannick said everyone who came on board was willing to die. I doubt that they would all maroon themselves on a ship a universe away unless there was a very good reason to do so and a good chance of getting back. I suspect their rational will be revealed soon and it will be the source of a new major plot development.
                I agree with you on this. I think Dannic was the only person who was really willing to die. He was 110% loyal to Kiva. He was always within a foot or so of Kiva. IMO more bodyguard than leader anyway. Once she died the intellect, agressive leadership and the full scale incursion died as well. Kiva, definately out manuevered and out smarted Young and Ray.

Remember, Kiva said to Telford "Next time they would send supplies through first" and Telford said "if there is a next time". It leaves that open to interpretation that the LA had plans in the works for multiple trips. There is a lot of loose ends yet to be explored. Like, How did the blue aliens know how to sabotage the FTL drive assuming we believe they have never been on board an Ancient ship. Unless they have boarded one of the Ancient seeding ships and find Destiny as a bigger prize/opportunity than a seeding ship. Or, how did the LA figure out how to manufacture the devices to unlock the doors. It is not like they have a Destiny TYPE Door somewhere to measure, fit and test.

I think it is logical to assume the LA knows more about Destiny than anyone on Earth. Maybe, they discovered an Acient database that no one else has found that contains a library of knowledge on Destiny. I think it is also logical that there is a power source unknown to Earth that makes ZPM's seem like batteries in comparison. I would assume the Ancients traveled back and forth between Destiny and home base (which was on earth by the way) including the seeding ships or why would there be the need for some many crew quarters, observation decks, facilities, labs, all those darn consoles everywhere and of course, "The Chair", etc.

Comment

I didnt like so much the beginning of the episode too... but the episode was ok... 8.5/10
                  Next few episodes will be awesome

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                    Man, what's with all the probies around here right now?

Anyways, the episode was solid. Rock solid of rockiness. Did what it had to do, gave me a few moments of surprise, and tied up every little cliffhanger from last year satisfactorily. I think the fallout will be particularly enjoyable.

First off, the Lucian Alliance characters: I like Ginn. A lot. Even when she was playing hot tech girl, I liked her, but when she up and shot Darric in the ass for being an all-round prick, she got elevated in my eyes. Lol, I bet most of the onlookers weren't going to cross her after that one - shades of crazy ol' Kiva wrapped up in a redheaded hottie. Simeon, Robert Knepper's character, didn't get much screentime, but I liked what I saw. He's got the look of someone subtle and quiet about him, and the scene with Telford especially demonstrated that he's one to look out for. Varro is impressive too - he became attached to TJ pretty damn quickly, which made him slightly more admirable. Like I said, it's the fallout that'll be interesting (Ginn and Simeon, especially).

Now, to TJ. First off, Alaina Huffman did a great job throughout, and more TJ is never a bad thing in my book. Not a bad resolution to the baby storyline, really - I expected straight up miscarriage followed by angst, but I guess Intervention (Oh, I get it!) is good enough. Her scenes with Caine did drag a little, but when they got to the point and really drove the final emotional point home, it was great.

Unfortunately, while we got a lot of exposure for TJ, everybody else kinda got shortchanged. Don't get me wrong - it was great to see the whole gang again, but I was kinda hoping for more exposure for them. It just didn't feel as if Young wasn't really around much, or that Rush was up to his usual tricks... I don't know, it's hard to explain. Chloe's mysterious healing thing'll definitely be something in the future, at least. Should be fun. Eli was Eli. Good ol' Eli. Scott and Greer's badassery impressed me - we've only gotten glimpses of them actually being soldiers and fighting and stuff, but they did pretty great here.

Oh, and Riley survived to fight another day. Awesome. Bring on the rest of season two then.
                    Great comments. A lot of what you say is similar to my thoughts. I think that the Simeon character showed very quickly that he has a suspicious nature and will question things a lot. He is probably a true blue loyal LA soldier and should not be trusted in the end.

Ginn is the one we see in the previews so that storyline will be interesting to follow. Maybe this will help Eli to grow up more during season 2.

The Varro character definately showed signs of favoring TJ and with the baby gone and Young really loving his wife Emily works well for those two to develop. I think Varro will be an easy character to like just like he was in the SGA episode "Tracker". He was a neutral character even though he was a hit man in that SG1 episode where Mitchell went to his high school reunion. He is a character that should be in more episodes. Some opinions has him being another Chakotay but it is more likely that the chain of command will be Young and then Telford.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      That seems like a cop out to me. I want to see how they deal with Young/ Telford leadership issues. They are both of equal military authority. Or how Greer and Telford clash now that he isn't brainwashed
                      I totally agree Jel. I am looking forward to how that will unfold. My guess is that Young is "In Command" which O'Neill has confirmed. O'Nell said to Young that "If you are not up to the task, I will get someone else who can". For that I believe Telford will be Youngs #1. For Now!! I do believe that the way Young's character is portrayed that the good Telford would make a better leader. Greer? My guess is Telford will understand that his brainwashing/attitude caused the problems between the two and Telford will let bygones be bygones.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        Did I miss a thread that had ratings info? I haven't read all the way through this one...
                        They're under News and Features on the GW home page, but I haven't been able to open the story. Headline claims the ratings were lackluster. Doesn't bode well, does it?
                        sigpic

Comment

1.175 million. Not a good number at all, but at least they have nine episodes to get it back up to a decent mid-point. /optimism

Comment

I don't think the Aliens are Ancients at all. They are somebody new, and presumably more powerful. At least compared to how the Alterans were portrayed by the end.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

The episode was good for a season opener and finishing up what was there-but still more to come.

I loved Telford being alive.

I loved Rush finally getting to prove his point about doing things that have to be done. This is what he's been trying to get Young to do all along. If Young had just shut the oxygen off in the gate room when they knew they were coming then the people that died and possibly a baby would still be on the ship alive. Yes Telford could have died but they might could have brought him back with CPR.

Now the whole TJ thing-nah I didn't like that. First off-I believe when people ascended before-the body went with it. So was there no body left behind in her body afterwards...I just don't see that not being mentioned. I think it was a cop out that they did this. And truly they could have really done some great things with the baby. Like having a Kino keeping watch over her. Things like that.

But other then that I loved the episode. Greer got his "permission to use lethal force" and Chloe is well, maybe they could have built that up a little better but we'll see.

Comment

I watched this again this evening, this time with my wife. She really enjoyed it, and I thought it was even better the second time around.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X