This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post

The other ending bit that annoyed me: the false sense of suspension when the ship dropped out of FTL and they spent like a minute building up the hype of "Is it safe here?" Come on, the episode is almost over. We know it's going to be safe.
    it's not Sga
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
      In perfect Bill Lundbergh immitation: "M'yeah... I'm just going to disagree with you on that, so if you could just go ahead and remember that no one forces you to watch the show, that'd be great."
      *takes a sip from coffee cup and walks away*
      I'm going to disagree with you on that, so if you could just go ahead and remember that no one forces you to read a thread, that'd be great.

Seriously, can we stop with this BS line of reasoning? I don't agree with the OP that it was horrible, but the whole elementary schoolyard retort of "Well, if you don't like it, don't watch it!" completely misses the point. Understand why people say such things, because they honestly DO like the show but feel a particular episode or direction is just not living up to standards. There is such a thing as opinions and valid criticism.

Having said that, I thought it was average, maybe a bit below average. It did the job it needed to, but it just felt a bit off in a few places. TJ not asking about her baby, not seeing a discussion with the captured LA, the horrid ending song, Dannic being too comically evil to take seriously thus tossing my sense of belief out the window, Scott and Greer suddenly being invincible despite a whole team getting wtfpwned in the S1 season finale.... I think I've covered my pet peeves. I would have liked those things to have been handled better.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        it's not Sga
        What I mean is, they weren't fooling anyone with the idea that they just jumped into danger again. Very very rarely does an episode approach it's end, especially in a season premiere, and they suddenly institute a new threat out of the blue. We all knew there wasn't going to be any radiation, because it's bad storytelling to toss your heroes right back into the hole they just struggled to get out of at the very end.

Comment

-loved the planet
          -some raw firefight action isn't bad every once in a while.
          The whole story line with Telford. I'm liking good Telford, he may fit the redemption role because he did bad things that he wants to make up for but he wasn't himself when he did them. This may give some of the folks the hero they've wanted in the show.
          -The intervention story line is finally over and we can move on.

Dislikes:
          - Main one is that so much was spoiled by the season 2 trailer, down to why Chloe healed Although I probably would have figured that one out.
          -Faith Aliens. Probably really depends on where they go with it in the future but didn't like how they were used.

Over all I'm glad the show is back.
          I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
            I thought that they used the NEXUS (again from another show) and Admiral Kirk was going to appear in that cabin cooking breakfast..

well, in real life if there is a gamma ray burst, you cannot hide ont he other side of the earth if one hits the earth, so why could you hide from a pulsar on the other side of a space ship??

The prisoners are psycopaths..
            but but but, destiny is made out of Ancient radiation resistant plotonium infused lead! No really but didn't they have the lower half of the ship's shields up and strengthened or was that something that Rush had to set up after they fixed that thing. I know the feeling when sometimes your science knowledge distracts from a story.
            Last edited by Skiznot; 29 September 2010, 10:45 AM.
            I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Well that was enjoyable. Perhaps imo not the greatest episode of stargate, but still good fun. A nice fast pace in it, but clearly still different to SG1 and SGA such as with the focus on TJ and the fact that Rush really doesn’t follow the whole “we don’t leave our people behind” shtick. For me the episode is somewhere between a 7.5 and an 8. It was good but it felt like it was partly there to wrap up plot points from Incursion. That being said I have high hopes for the future episodes what with all the plot threads that were introduced in the ep.

Comment

I thought it was a good episode - I will agree that the TJ storyline was weird, weird, weird. And that's ok with me, because I'm wondering where the hell are they going with it? Is TJ gonna go nuts trying to figure out if it was a dream or something else? Why did the aliens want her baby (if that is what happened)? Good reasons, bad evil alien reasons? What is up with that nebula?

Weird, but interesting. Sounds like good science fiction to me.
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I really enjoyed the ep.It had a lot of turns before they solved the LA problem. I liked the TJ storyline, hope there is something more behind her dream. Rush saved the day, but he wasn't really happy with his decision. And Youngs face when he heard what had happened. And a small thing: the mud and the water on the floor when the people came back through the gate. They should have made the LA guys clean the floor.
                  So I'm looking forward to the next season!
                  sigpic

Comment

What I mean is, they weren't fooling anyone with the idea that they just jumped into danger again. Very very rarely does an episode approach it's end, especially in a season premiere, and they suddenly institute a new threat out of the blue. We all knew there wasn't going to be any radiation, because it's bad storytelling to toss your heroes right back into the hole they just struggled to get out of at the very end.
                    I think they didn't try to fool anyone. Brody checking whether it's safe reminded me the of "Pain". They don't want this to happen again, and are scared. It's the same as getting hit by a car. Time might go by, but no matter where the victim is about to cross the street, s/he checks and double checks again if it's safe to go.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                      They should have made the LA guys clean the floor. !
                      You're right! They should've cleaned the gate room's floor, it was all wet and stuff when the crew came back from the planet.
                      sigpic

Comment

It sure wasn't the best premiere I have seen, but it definitely wasn't the worst. I thought the episode was interesting but somewhat of a disappointment compared to the last three episodes of season one.

Comment

Having said that, I thought it was average, maybe a bit below average. It did the job it needed to, but it just felt a bit off in a few places. TJ not asking about her baby, not seeing a discussion with the captured LA,
                          Well, there was a bit in between ( during the song ) before she got up and walked to the observation deck, that we didn't see, she might've asked about her baby then. Although I doubt she'd ask "could I see the body if my baby please?"
                          Unless you're talking about something else, then disregard the above
                          I think that a discussion with the captured LA will take place in Aftermath. It kinda has the title for it, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            I think they didn't try to fool anyone. Brody checking whether it's safe reminded me the of "Pain". They don't want this to happen again, and are scared. It's the same as getting hit by a car. Time might go by, but no matter where the victim is about to cross the street, s/he checks and double checks again if it's safe to go.
                            I agree it's a logical idea, but it's something that doesn't need to be shown. Especially when there ARE things that need to be shown and aren't.

Comment

Great season premiere, I think I´ll give it 8/10.

Like:

-The planet with the violent weather
                              -Rush being pragmatic as ever
                              -Scott and Greer´s mission to take the ship back
                              -Young try´s to kill that Dannic guy
                              -Dead Kiva
                              -The Read Hair shoot the LA guy
                              -Rush save´s the day
                              -Good mix between drama, action and mystery
                              -Usual great performance from all the leads
                              -Chloe´s mysterious healing
                              -TJ´s baby storyline (like and dislike it)
                              -I love the music montage at the end and the song was amazing!

Dislike:

-The TJ storyline takes out the overall fast pace for the episode (although I like the mysterious side of it)
                              -No one dies, at least no one we care about.
                              -They should have kill Telford, let´s see how that will work out.
                              -The Dannic guy was way to typically bad
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                                Well, there was a bit in between ( during the song ) before she got up and walked to the observation deck, that we didn't see, she might've asked about her baby then. Although I doubt she'd ask "could I see the body if my baby please?"
                                Unless you're talking about something else, then disregard the above
                                I think that a discussion with the captured LA will take place in Aftermath. It kinda has the title for it, doesn't it?
                                I'll agree about the Aftermath thing, although what I hoped was a small speech from Young to the LA, and then working out more of the specifics in Aftermath.

As for TJ, if it had been me, I would have wanted to know if I had imagined all that, or if it was real. One way to tell would have been the baby. If it was real, and we still saw the corpse (well, not directly on screen, but having evidence that TJ saw it), it certainly would make things more interesting if Caine and the others do return to the ship somehow with a baby. At any rate, that's why it is a plot hole. It's a point of a plot where there is a big hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X