• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    I said nothing negative.
    I was ready to get the popcorn.
    sigpic

Comment

Are you sure you were not watching Wrestling by accident? SGU was on at 9pm not 10pm.
      sigpic

Comment

FWIW they do get kudos for using a Mumford & Sons song at the end of the episode. Cracking band, awesome album & fantastic to watch live.
        Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Well that sucks....I thoroughly enjoyed it.
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

i think if you are someone who believes the upper hand or some advanced aliens, you will accept the TJ's thing and like it. Personally i do not believe it at all, so i do find it is a little too much.

Other than that this episode is great, i really like how rush handle the situation, looking forward to see how they deal with the LA.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

Doubtful.
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                That depends on how far she was.. iirc was she not around the 7th month? Who's to say they could not have left it in for her body to reabsorb.
                Babies are already quite big in the 7th month. It can make a woman ill, if it don't get out of the body and it won't just be reabsorbed.

Comment

The pacing seemed off a bit with regards to the TJ storyline and I didn't like the episode opening with the dream/hallucination/vision/whatever because it threw me right out of the excitement of the season 1 finale, but overall I really liked the episode. Sucks that you didn't.
                  Originally posted by Callista
                  Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                  Originally posted by HPMom
                  She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I thought it was ok. Still don't like Young at all and someone just needs to remove him from command.

Hated the TJ storyline. That nebula reminded me of the SG-1 episode Grace and the 'aliens' aka the Ancients (because didn't JM say they'd be dealing more with them this season?) 'ascending' the baby like the residents of Abydos just didn't sit well with me. The baby just should have died.

Otherwise, the episode was ok, which is more than I can say for most of the rest of last season
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I thought that they used the NEXUS (again from another show) and Admiral Kirk was going to appear in that cabin cooking breakfast..

With all of the holes they keep cutting into the ship, it will soon be like flying swiss cheese..

Greer and Scott hid fromt he star burst on the othyer side of the ship..

well, in real life if there is a gamma ray burst, you cannot hide ont he other side of the earth if one hits the earth, so why could you hide from a pulsar on the other side of a space ship??

The prisoners are psycopaths..
                      Last edited by retiredat44; 29 September 2010, 08:30 AM.
                      My Story:
                      http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        The baby just should have died.
                        It has, its just the planet builders frakking with TJ's head and trying to get her to lure the Destiny into their nebula for some nefarious reason. Any advanced aliens considered to be Gods or have levels of powers bordering on divine have always been trouble in the Stargate franchise. Long may that continue!
                        Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          I thought it was ok. Still don't like Young at all and someone just needs to remove him from command.

Hated the TJ storyline. That nebula reminded me of the SG-1 episode Grace and the 'aliens' aka the Ancients (because didn't JM say they'd be dealing more with them this season?) 'ascending' the baby like the residents of Abydos just didn't sit well with me. The baby just should have died.

Otherwise, the episode was ok, which is more than I can say for most of the rest of last season
                          I don't think it's the ancients. The unknown race which was referred to in Faith and this episode is probably something completely different.
                          sigpic

Comment

You're completely in the minority and I'm not quite sure what you expected to happen here. This was a fantastic episode and set the town wonderfully for a new season. Go watch something else if you didn't like it, don't go complaining about it on a forum of people who loved it. It accomplishes nothing.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

Intarweb forums are places for people to express opinions. Castigating him/her/it for expressing a negative opinion of something you consider in a positive light accomplishes nothing aswell you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                                It's not a plot hole since even TJ didn't disappeared off the ship while she was on the planet. At least, according to Wray and what we saw. Let's say it's something that add to the whole mystery of the situation.
                                But that's the point; it shouldn't be a mystery. Or to the point, it's only a mystery because the writers are deliberately not showing us something the characters should know. Even off-screen, TJ should have asked to see where her baby was, or what happened to it, probably as a way to see if she was really dreaming or not.

Anyway, a couple other things I forgot to include in my first post: The ending wasn't well done. I was expecting some kind of speech to the LA people, but instead we get another horrible music montage. Sometimes the songs have been decent, but this one just grated. I swear, it seemed like the same phrase repeated over and over and over and over like a cat yowling in pain outside your window while you're trying to sleep so you just want to drop a brick on it.

I can grudgingly accept if the music montages won't go away, but pick better songs damn it. Don't just stick a music montage in there because you can. That music montage replaced TJ asking about her baby, and replaced an initial discussion with the LA which should have been there. Despite what the real reason may be, it really feels like a lot of these are tacked in just to have them, even if you have to displace other things.

The other ending bit that annoyed me: the false sense of suspension when the ship dropped out of FTL and they spent like a minute building up the hype of "Is it safe here?" Come on, the episode is almost over. We know it's going to be safe.

Anyway, as a whole, the episode was okay. Not real bad, but not real good, either. It resolved things, which is what it should have done, but the whole process felt a bit... off to me.

In before the whining of "Well if you HATE SGU so much, why don't you just not watch it and go AWAY!?!?!" because someone is going to get bent out of shape that someone is picking out flaws in something they hold near and dear to their heart. Which would be totally missing the point that someone can like it and yet have valid criticisms.

Comment

Working...
                                X