This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
    Well if what escyos says about Chloe is true, the same thing could explain why Rush could read that stuff...he was captured for longer than her!
    That's quite right, with the exception that he was able to "read" this stuff before he was captured, just have a look on the script excerpt from "Lost" in Post #89. For this reason, I'm not sure whether the "reading" question has something to do with what the blue aliens had done to Chloe, and maybe Rush, as well. If they've done something with Chloe, why not with Rush, who was some days more in their hands? That's a good point. But, I think, we'll see in Autumn what happens in those eoisodes. So long
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah my time line was a little out of whack, good call!
      sigpic

Comment

Rush never said anything about reading the alien language, just that he saw something that "appeared to be a map of this galaxy, including the Stargates." - for all we know he stumbled upon it accidentally instead of actually recognizing the right button to push to get at it like Chloe did.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Rush never said anything about reading the alien language, just that he saw something that "appeared to be a map of this galaxy, including the Stargates." - for all we know he stumbled upon it accidentally instead of actually recognizing the right button to push to get at it like Chloe did.
          "read" don't mean really read something. That was my point, to recognise a single sign as a symbol for Destiny, what Chloe and Rush most likely did, don't mean that you're able to read and understand an alien text.
          sigpic

Comment

"Most likely" being the key phrase here. We saw Chloe recognizing the symbol, but did Rush? Maybe he just pushed that button at random?

Comment

"Most likely" being the key phrase here. We saw Chloe recognizing the symbol, but did Rush? Maybe he just pushed that button at random?
              "Maybe" being the key phrase here. How did you know for sure that Rush did not, but Chloe did? I guess, that both recognise the symbol, it's not unimpossible, it's likely, but I'm not sure, for both of them.
              sigpic

Comment

I think my point was that, it's a real possibility that the Blues treated Chloe differently from how they treated Rush, so that the former can read the Blues' language while the latter can't.

But yeah, I don't think we can be sure of anything right now. Damn this long wait!!

Comment

I think my point was that, it's a real possibility that the Blues treated Chloe differently from how they treated Rush, so that the former can read the Blues' language while the latter can't.

But yeah, I don't think we can be sure of anything right now. Damn this long wait!!
                  Rush was implanted with a tracking device, but Chloe was not. I don't think they would of captured Chloe and done nothing to her. I reckon they realised Rush had a lot of relevant knowledge and tried to read hi mind. But we all know Chloe's mind is... er... hollow so perhaps they implanted something else in her, which leads to this 'thing' we see in the trailer? Perhaps some of their DNA?

Either way, both Rush and Chloe were connected to the Blue Man Group via their minds, so couldn't Chloe just pick up some consciousness from her alien counterpart?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott7070 View Post
                    Rush was implanted with a tracking device, but Chloe was not. I don't think they would of captured Chloe and done nothing to her. I reckon they realised Rush had a lot of relevant knowledge and tried to read hi mind. But we all know Chloe's mind is... er... hollow so perhaps they implanted something else in her, which leads to this 'thing' we see in the trailer? Perhaps some of their DNA?

Either way, both Rush and Chloe were connected to the Blue Man Group via their minds, so couldn't Chloe just pick up some consciousness from her alien counterpart?
                    I don't know this. So it's a "we" exclusive me. For me she's a normal, intelligent, and not bad looking, young woman, out of her usual place. Not more, but also not less. To say she's "hollow" is... er... unfair...

Don't you think, btw, that whatever with Chloe happens, is part of episode 4 Pathogen?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                      I don't know this. So it's a "we" exclusive me. For me she's a normal, intelligent, and not bad looking, young woman, out of her usual place. Not more, but also not less. To say she's "hollow" is... er... unfair...

Don't you think, btw, that whatever with Chloe happens, is part of episode 4 Pathogen?
                      I was purposely being mean there, sorry, she is obviously a bright young lady - but to be frank, in comparison Rush's mind is of more worth to the blue aliens (Chloe wouldn't know anything of great use to them, Rush certainly would).

Pathogen would be a likely contender yeah, but to me it appears more than a single episode of story - so perhaps we would see it start to manifest earlier.
                      sigpic

Comment

I was purposely being mean there, sorry, she is obviously a bright young lady - but to be frank, in comparison Rush's mind is of more worth to the blue aliens (Chloe wouldn't know anything of great use to them, Rush certainly would).

Pathogen would be a likely contender yeah, but to me it appears more than a single episode of story - so perhaps we would see it start to manifest earlier.
                        Yeah, I see.

It wouldn't surprise me, if all of this (whatever it turns out to be) will start with her rescue, but we'll see the whole outcome later. And the rescue should be very soon in the next episode, she didn't look good in the last shoot of "Incursion".
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                          Yeah, I see.

It wouldn't surprise me, if all of this (whatever it turns out to be) will start with her rescue, but we'll see the whole outcome later. And the rescue should be very soon in the next episode, she didn't look good in the last shoot of "Incursion".
                          Well she appears to be quite happily walking around, so for being shot in the leg it must be a good few weeks later. Also - we don't really know if the clip of Chloe was in reality. I expect it is, but there are obviously clips of Rush's dream state in the chair in the CC trailer, with Chloe in one of them (the scene with the calculations all over the wall) so it could be from here.

Who knows - I can't wait to find out.
                          sigpic

Comment

We know that both Rush and Chloe were having trouble sleeping and such, could possibly mean they were both treated the same...but it seemed to have been more from the horror of what they went through! I'm interested to know more about what it means!
                            sigpic

Comment

We all keep talking about it, but I saw this link on another thread.

Season 2 Preview - Spoilers
                              sigpic

Comment

you can take me out of your collective "we" there, thanks

I think the blues did something to them both. I always thought it was a little odd that Chloe would just come out of it with nightmares, and that just deepened when she could 'read' the screen in the alien ship.
                                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                                X